Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 06:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times

Advertisements

For decades, these interior checkpoints up to 100 miles north of the border have left thousands of undocumented immigrants and their families in the Rio Grande Valley in something of a twilight zone. Their isolation has only intensified as border security has tightened. And though neither side of the debate about immigration has focused on the issue so far, that may be changing.

Checkpoints Isolate Many Immigrants in Texas

Illegal aliens: just LEAVE the US and take your under 18 year old anchor kids with you, Ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 07:21 AM

271 posts, read 390,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
For decades, these interior checkpoints up to 100 miles north of the border have left thousands of undocumented immigrants and their families in the Rio Grande Valley in something of a twilight zone. Their isolation has only intensified as border security has tightened. And though neither side of the debate about immigration has focused on the issue so far, that may be changing.

Illegal aliens: just LEAVE the US and take your under 18 year old anchor kids with you, Ok?
I agree! They are the ones being inhumane and bigots, not US citizens. Putting themselves and their families at risk while breaking our laws and sovereignty shows a lack of tolerance and respect for our sovereignty. They are bigoted towards US citizens and collectively assaulting our nation.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:

Oh, cry me a river. Some in the GOP have addressed the issue of "illegal" immigration. Sorry, but it doesn't include amnesty.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:50 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,975 times
The woman profiled in this article is single and had four kids on a maid's salary! How are we supposed to believe that they want a better life and to achieve the American dream when these kinds of stupid decisions are common.

Here's another article from the sidebar about these poor border zones: America's poorest border town: no immigration papers, no American Dream. Pay attention to this quote: "We are poor, but it is better to be poor here than in Mexico.” Open borders means importing poverty. It means more and more American towns will turn into third world hovels because the bar for these people is much lower than the American poor. Btw, the woman who said that has lived here 22 years and speaks no English. In her town half the kids don't finish high school. She has been deported ten times but always returns in a few days. Of course she's also driving without a license and carries no insurance.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:11 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
I read this article last night. Yet another sob story about illegals. The lamestream media, despite the comments sections for these sob stories, insists on printing more of them. What do they think will happen? That the right sob story will make people feel sorry for illegals? The lamestream media should pay attention to that old saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I have no sympathy for these lawbreakers.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:18 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,112 times
No sympathy. Don't ever have any for their despicable kind, ever.

To the illegals...Cry me a million rivers. I still won't feel bad for you.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I read this article last night. Yet another sob story about illegals. The lamestream media, despite the comments sections for these sob stories, insists on printing more of them. What do they think will happen? That the right sob story will make people feel sorry for illegals? The lamestream media should pay attention to that old saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I have no sympathy for these lawbreakers.
You brought up a real good point. WHY the MSM keeps posting that trash is beyond me looking at how much "hate" there is against illegal immigration being allowed to happen.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:44 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,112 times
Quote:
You brought up a real good point. WHY the MSM keeps posting that trash is beyond me looking at how much "hate" there is against illegal immigration being allowed to happen.
Because it's the lamestream media.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:45 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
ISIS, LOL. The real threat to this country is the massive invasion of illegals coming in and sucking the Taxpayers dry.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:25 PM

271 posts, read 390,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
ISIS, LOL. The real threat to this country is the massive invasion of illegals coming in and sucking the Taxpayers dry.
Yep, I put illegal immigration as #1 threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration