U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,897,245 times
Reputation: 3418

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
School childrent insulting other people is now considered PC, you've been watching Donald Trump too much. Surely she could have put together something more intelligent. She was on Fox News this morning with the mother (what a surprise!), not too bright as she has to go back to school. It would have been better to just let it go and dissappear.
Yes because making illegals feel bad about what they are doing is so unfair. Is it insulting to call an illegal an illegal? Maybe they shouldn't be here breaking our laws if it makes them feel uncomfortable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2015, 01:56 PM
 
5,970 posts, read 2,790,293 times
Reputation: 3919
Wow! Political correctness is on hyperdrive. Please Donald get elected and put a stop to this madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,856 posts, read 10,312,965 times
Reputation: 9267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I never got the impression that Revere was "iffy". It was always considered to be a blue collar area. In fact, as a kid, my family would go to the now long-gone amusement park there.

Last time I was in Revere, just a little over 2 years ago, we went to the beach. We were surprised at the number of Muslim women there who were almost totally covered up. How things change!
I used to go to the beach back when, because it was an easy beach to get to by the T. This was the 90s. From what I remember from those days, at that time it was borderline blue collar/iffy. I never felt 100% safe there, looked over my shoulder while laying out my blanket. Things do change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 04:54 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,105 posts, read 15,655,929 times
Reputation: 8788
Default Free speech has been banned in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Revere, Massachusetts – The captain of a high school cheerleading team has been disciplined after she sent out a tweet about undocumented immigrants.

High school cheerleader banned from team after tweeting about immigrants | Fox News Latino

This kid's school NEEDS to be disciplined for kissing illegal alien butt.
There is no longer free speech in the USA. What she said was not racist, but it was her opinion, and she should have the right to express it without being punished. The school superintendent said that the school "believes in freedom of speech," but cannot support "insensitive language," which is the same as saying she doesn't support free speech! And who defines "insensitive language?" What if the girls statement was true? Perhaps her figure was not totally accurate, but the statement was basically true. Is truth banned?

This is what we are facing in America today: Truth is not to be spoken. Truth is banned speech. Truth might be offensive to some, so it must be cloaked in other terms or not spoken at all. That is the essence of "political correctness." No one must be offended ... ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Long Island
29,527 posts, read 12,347,656 times
Reputation: 6107
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes because making illegals feel bad about what they are doing is so unfair. Is it insulting to call an illegal an illegal? Maybe they shouldn't be here breaking our laws if it makes them feel uncomfortable?
Her statement in itself was ridiculous and not based on fact, just inflammatory. This is the new Trump speak, nothing is insulting anymore and if anyone challenges non-factual or insulting statements they are just being PC.


Rude and insulting behavior isn't criticized, it's rewarded and looked upon with admiration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 07:08 AM
 
31,479 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Her statement in itself was ridiculous and not based on fact, just inflammatory. This is the new Trump speak, nothing is insulting anymore and if anyone challenges non-factual or insulting statements they are just being PC.


Rude and insulting behavior isn't criticized, it's rewarded and looked upon with admiration.

Why blame Trump over this? This is not a new trend by people who endorse Trump so it is you who is exaggerating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 07:59 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,897,245 times
Reputation: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Her statement in itself was ridiculous and not based on fact, just inflammatory. This is the new Trump speak, nothing is insulting anymore and if anyone challenges non-factual or insulting statements they are just being PC.


Rude and insulting behavior isn't criticized, it's rewarded and looked upon with admiration.
Rude and insulting behavior. You mean like trespassing into our country. Breaking our laws. I agree that is rude and insulting behavior. It shows a complete lack of respect for our nation. Yet Obama and company seeks to reward illegals for this very rude and insulting behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 08:35 AM
 
31,479 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8351
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Rude and insulting behavior. You mean like trespassing into our country. Breaking our laws. I agree that is rude and insulting behavior. It shows a complete lack of respect for our nation. Yet Obama and company seeks to reward illegals for this very rude and insulting behavior.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Revere, Massachusetts – The captain of a high school cheerleading team has been disciplined after she sent out a tweet about undocumented immigrants.

High school cheerleader banned from team after tweeting about immigrants | Fox News Latino

This kid's school NEEDS to be disciplined for kissing illegal alien butt.
Well we used to have freedom of speech in this country....not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2015, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,515 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Reputation: 6758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Well we used to have freedom of speech in this country....not anymore.
And that is one among the many reasons why the illegal invasion is bad. They do not come from countries that have free speech. They are here either to work illegally, or suck up social services, not to adopt American values such as the First Amendment. At least legal immigrants learn about these values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top