U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:28 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Irish are predominantly Catholic too as are many other countries. England would be primarily catholic today if Henry VIII didn't want a divorce. As an American of Italian decent, I have nothing in common with illegals who break laws to enter the country and I recent people that think they can just walk across the border and live here. My parents took the time and money to wait in line and come here legally and then become American citizens. My parents spoke Italian, not Spanish and I learned English as my primary language as a small child.
Many countries in Europe are of Latin language decent including Italy, Spain, France, Romania. Latin by the way is the language ancient Romans spoke, it is not a race of people from south of the U.S. border although these people sometimes call themselves Latin. Hispanic is a much more correct description.
Believe me, I have no use for illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 05:03 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,130,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They're not undocumented immigrants,.they're illegal aliens.

And this is yet another example of how free speech is being trampled upon in this country.

Consider the superintendent's comment: Speech (by a U. S. citizen about illegal aliens) considered insensitive (by an illegal alien) has consequences.

Hmmmm.....

Wake up, sheeple.
Illegal immigrants ARE undocumented immigrants and vice versa.

You might want to look the two terms up.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:29 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

Then the MSM needs to say "illegal alien" or at least "illegal immigrant". "Undocumented immigrant" all but says the person here is a LEGAL alien who lost his "papers", his documents. Too; ALL legal aliens have to carry proof they can be in the US.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
There is no such immigration law term of "undocumented immigrants". That was a made up PC term by the pro-illegals to take the adjective "illegal" out of the equasion.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:09 PM

23,886 posts, read 17,582,241 times
"When only 10 percent of Revere votes for mayor, [it's] 'cause the other 90 percent isn't legal," Godino commented in the tweet.

that was 'insensitive'?

Old 12-03-2015, 03:10 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,407,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Revere, Massachusetts – The captain of a high school cheerleading team has been disciplined after she sent out a tweet about undocumented immigrants.

High school cheerleader banned from team after tweeting about immigrants | Fox News Latino

This kid's school NEEDS to be disciplined for kissing illegal alien butt.
This is so wrong on so many different levels

The school administration needs to be replaced

Old 12-03-2015, 03:13 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,407,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

Immigrants need to arrive in the US LEGALLY like they have for all generations except this one

Old 12-04-2015, 07:25 PM

820 posts, read 1,444,648 times
Diversity - Failure to assimilate, or selective segregation.

Multiculturalism - Cultural enrichment through national suicide.

Progressiveness - Progress through perversity.

Tolerance - Welcoming your adversaries with open arms and unlimited welfare.

Political correctness - Fools trying to convince each other of their moral superiority through the absurd misuse of our language.(Racism, phobias, haters, ad nauseum).

Liberalism - The philosophy of self-loathing, grasping, sniveling brats and their career victims.

Far right - Any position toward the political center from Marx-Engels.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:49 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Diversity - Failure to assimilate, or selective segregation.

Multiculturalism - Cultural enrichment through national suicide.

Progressiveness - Progress through perversity.

Tolerance - Welcoming your adversaries with open arms and unlimited welfare.

Political correctness - Fools trying to convince each other of their moral superiority through the absurd misuse of our language.(Racism, phobias, haters, ad nauseum).

Liberalism - The philosophy of self-loathing, grasping, sniveling brats and their career victims.

Far right - Any position toward the political center from Marx-Engels.
Agreed and HOW. Hell; word was many of the "liberals" of 1965 would almost being conservatives by 2015 rules.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:37 PM

404 posts, read 248,191 times
Wow, I read every single response here, and there is one thing that rings true, and that is that you people have never taken a political science class..like ever.

The 1st amendment is to protect your freedom of speech so that the government cannot retaliate against us, and yes you can say things in public, however and BUT..the amendment does NOT protect you from CONSEQUENCES from YOUR ACTIONS. So yes, she is allowed to say anything and everything no matter how stupid it is, but the school has the right to remove her from the squad.

As a cheerleader, she represents the school and school spirit. I wouldn't want someone who says ignorant and racist things to represent me either. As far as I am concerned, the school did the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or