Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:15 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times

Advertisements

*******s are all for free speech until you say something they don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 08:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
*******s are all for free speech until you say something they don't like.
Agreed. I'm really seeing that the older I am. IMHO a true "liberal" in 2015 is a mild conservative.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Revere Superintendent Dianne Kelly says the district believes in freedom of speech, but cannot support what she calls "insensitive language."

It used to be that "the right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins". Now, "the right to speak my mind ends where a woman's sensitive ears begin.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:59 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm familiar with Revere. For years, it was a predominantly an Italian-American community. In recent years, a large number of Muslims moved in there as well as Hispanic illegals. That said, I don't know if 90% of the town is here illegally but if I had to guess, the number isn't that high.

Still, I think this girl got a bum rap. The article alluded to "privacy issues" but the superintendent wouldn't elaborate. If the entire tweet was correctly reported, I saw nothing that would have violated anyone's privacy. Why would any student complain about that? She didn't mention any names. Perhaps the one that complained had parents/relatives that were here illegally thus felt threatened?
I'm also familiar with Revere. This child's post about 90% being illegal is laughable. But then again, teens are very susceptible to hyperbole and I'm not sure why anyone took it seriously. Anyone who is truly curious about the demographics can search. When I lived in the Boston area, Revere might be seen as an "iffy" area, but not due to illegals.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm also familiar with Revere. This child's post about 90% being illegal is laughable. But then again, teens are very susceptible to hyperbole and I'm not sure why anyone took it seriously. Anyone who is truly curious about the demographics can search. When I lived in the Boston area, Revere might be seen as an "iffy" area, but not due to illegals.
I never got the impression that Revere was "iffy". It was always considered to be a blue collar area. In fact, as a kid, my family would go to the now long-gone amusement park there.

Last time I was in Revere, just a little over 2 years ago, we went to the beach. We were surprised at the number of Muslim women there who were almost totally covered up. How things change!

Old 11-25-2015, 05:34 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
The teacher made a comment about low voter turnout, only 10%. The principal correctly stated that the girl's tweet was insensitive that is correct and against school policy.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:05 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The teacher made a comment about low voter turnout, only 10%. The principal correctly stated that the girl's tweet was insensitive that is correct and against school policy.
**** sensitive. Give the girl credit for using her brain to think of a possible reason for the low turnout.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:26 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
We're circling the drain as a country, people.

This place will be a third world hellhole in a generation.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You just buckle to everything PC and side with it no matter how ridiculous it is

Old 11-25-2015, 08:42 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You just buckle to everything PC and side with it no matter how ridiculous it is
School childrent insulting other people is now considered PC, you've been watching Donald Trump too much. Surely she could have put together something more intelligent. She was on Fox News this morning with the mother (what a surprise!), not too bright as she has to go back to school. It would have been better to just let it go and dissappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration