U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 12:08 PM

11,543 posts, read 5,527,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Maybe you could go to the media. If it were me, I'd contact a major news network. They're just itching for a story like this.
^They are?

If anything, I noticed that the lamestream media most of the time refuses to cover stories like this. They are all about painting illegals as wonderful people who are just here to work.

Still, there could be an outside chance that they may be interested in the OP's story. Every now and then, the lamestream media has brief moments of sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 12:13 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,628,893 times
Try Your State Attorney. They are always ready make a name for themselves. Provide as much known information on the party of parties and follow up.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 17 days ago)

13,399 posts, read 11,898,010 times
When the IRS comes looking for you, just tell them "Oh, that guy works at a deli in another state."

Old 12-15-2015, 11:25 AM

1,377 posts, read 849,521 times
So what has been going on with your problem? Any news?

Old 12-26-2015, 08:28 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,769,073 times
https://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form

Notify the ICE tip line. If you have the name & address of the deli, they should notify the local HSI office who may or may not investigate. I'd also definitely talk to an IRS advocate - they were helpful when a friend's tax refund was stolen (although it took her about a year to get her money )

Old 12-29-2015, 09:59 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,361,831 times
Okay, here is an update:

I printed out the IRS form to lodge a formal complaint. I then went to the Social Security website to print out a copy of my recent work history to attach to the IRS form. Lo and behold, I couldn't log in! I called the number and the lady told me that since I put a fraud alert on my credit files that I couldn't access my work history. She said that I would have to send in yet another form. I started to go over my whole ordeal and then she started to get testy with me. I gave her the name and address of the deli and she said that after looking over my record that there was no such entry. I said that was impossible because it was listed on the website just last month. She sounded incredulous and tried to make it seem like I was crazy, like I was calling in a report of a UFO or green Martians. Very frustrating experience. Have documented it, and guess I just need to move on at this point because they obviously have no intention of doing anything about it.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:33 AM

16,366 posts, read 6,112,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Recently found out that an illegal was using my social security to work in a deli in another state. I thought that when I called this in that the government would be all over it. Social Security and the IRS were apathetic. Said they would "investigate" it and suggested that I call Experian. Homeland Security and the FBI never responded to my tip. Called the deli, and the owner laughed at me and said it must be some kind of mistake. Short of purchasing an airline ticket and confronting the illegal to kindly not use my Social anymore, I am at a loss of what to do.

Investigation is the normal process. In a few weeks, you will likely get a resolution.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:39 AM

16,366 posts, read 6,112,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
And, taking your job.

he did anyway

Old 01-01-2016, 11:27 AM

2,607 posts, read 3,710,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^They are?

If anything, I noticed that the lamestream media most of the time refuses to cover stories like this. They are all about painting illegals as wonderful people who are just here to work.

Still, there could be an outside chance that they may be interested in the OP's story. Every now and then, the lamestream media has brief moments of sanity.
It's insanely common which is why it isn't covered. When I started college (13 years ago) I worked in a call center creating accounts and activating cell phones for Sprint. Every single day you'd have to tell a sales rep you couldn't activate a phone or account because the social security number they were using was already attached to an existing account. We required them to fax in a copy of e social security number in order to activate the account (and the fraudulent account would be suspended).

People stealing ssn's has been happening long before our current president was even a politician and has always been a widespread problem.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:56 AM

11,543 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
It's insanely common which is why it isn't covered. When I started college (13 years ago) I worked in a call center creating accounts and activating cell phones for Sprint. Every single day you'd have to tell a sales rep you couldn't activate a phone or account because the social security number they were using was already attached to an existing account. We required them to fax in a copy of e social security number in order to activate the account (and the fraudulent account would be suspended).

People stealing ssn's has been happening long before our current president was even a politician and has always been a widespread problem.
It's even worse now that we've been infested with illegals.

Don't believe it? So many native born Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals that the Puerto Rican government had to take the unprecedented step of declaring all PR issued birth certificates null and void. Now if a native born PR needs a copy of his/her birth certificate, s/he has to jump through many hoops to get a secured, certified copy.

Besides, the lamestream media hates to publish articles about Americans being victimized by illegals. They prefer to publish sob stories about illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration