U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 12:38 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good point, Oldglory! I, too, have some relatives (on both sides of my family) who think like that. And I agree---sometimes you just have to bite your tongue
I guess I am lucky. My extended family are/were all factory laborers and farmers both of which have taken a beating by the hand of the illegals.

I really think those that support it just don't have a clue. They read a couple of headlines. Sadly, by the time it gets to their doorsteps and they start clamoring for "help" with the problem, it will be too late. In the few years, it has gotten so much worse and I think that is one of the things that those that say "Well, in the election in 2008............" This isn't 2008.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:33 PM

9,785 posts, read 7,102,126 times
Who wants to slam the door on immigrants? That would be stupid. The problem is all the illegal ones that sneak in or over stay their visas then demand similar rights of citizens.

I don't think too many people have a problem with any immigrant that wants to come to America legally and contribute to our society.

We are all immigrants when you think about it.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:36 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who wants to slam the door on immigrants? That would be stupid. The problem is all the illegal ones that sneak in or over stay their visas then demand similar rights of citizens.

I don't think too many people have a problem with any immigrant that wants to come to America legally and contribute to our society.

Calling illegal aliens just plain ole "immigrants" is a tactic that the pro-illegals use to blur the lines between legal and illegal. One correction though, we are not all immigrants. Those of us born here are citizens not immigrants.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:42 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:

Agreed if talking about American Indians since all of us started in Africa way back in the day.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:40 PM

4,836 posts, read 1,981,111 times
Quote:

I want to slam the door on the vast majority of them. The immigration limit should be tied to wage growth and unemployment. If wages aren't growing and unemployment isn't very low, NO IMMIGRANTS. Most of them don't want to contribute to the country either. They'll contribute to a company and send money back home, but they couldn't care less about the country.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:17 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,891,490 times
Quote:

We are all immigrants when you think about it

Part of the problem and not the solution.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:55 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I want to slam the door on the vast majority of them. The immigration limit should be tied to wage growth and unemployment. If wages aren't growing and unemployment isn't very low, NO IMMIGRANTS. Most of them don't want to contribute to the country either. They'll contribute to a company and send money back home, but they couldn't care less about the country.
^^^That. The policy on illegal immigration is fine the way it is WHEN enforced. We need to do something about anchor babies, H1B visa, those that overstay visas and look hard at how many come in legally as many legal immigrants also use welfare.

My last relative that immigrated into the country was in 1905, my maternal grandmother at age 5, from Hungary. All others immigrated before 1840. These people were not on public assistance and paid to raise their own children.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:32 PM

271 posts, read 268,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It's just more blathering for the uninformed...

"We're a nation of immigrants!"

Which nation is not? Has there ever been a case of people simply sprouting out of the ground?

There is no reason for American middle and lower income earners to want more people here, keeping wages stagnant or even depressing them.

For example, decades ago African-Americans in Los Angeles made a decent income working in dry walling and meat packing, but now that those jobs have been taken mostly by immigrants, the pay is minimal and cannot sustain a family.

It makes no sense whatsoever to allow more people to come here and further devalue middle and lower income labor, because even if you're a business owner, the long term effects of a Malthusian dystopia are not worth the short term gain.
That's why the dems give handouts to those citizens who have had their jobs replaced. The end result is two votes at the expense of one hard working conservative citizen.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:39 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,345,412 times
I'd be for taking all the illegal immigrants and shoving them back into the nations where they belong...

Back in Europe.

Doubt anyone on this sub would be allowed to stay in the USA. Or really what should be called the nation of the Iroquois and Miami and Shawnee.

You morons.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:44 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
I'd be for taking all the illegal immigrants and shoving them back into the nations where they belong...

Back in Europe.

Doubt anyone on this sub would be allowed to stay in the USA. Or really what should be called the nation of the Iroquois and Miami and Shawnee.

You morons.
Based on your skewed logic, then all the Native American Indians would be sent back to Asia.

Did you really think that they just sprouted up from the ground?

We could take this even further---all human life originated in Africa. I guess that the entire world should live there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or