U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know of a Taco Bell where two whites work (one is in High School, one is apparently in his 70's). The rest of the employees are "normal", though......

I live in a pretty diverse neighborhood and despite our diversity, there is about 1 Black women and an Asian manager at the McDonalds. The rest are Hispanic. The one place where I saw no Hispanics is where I got the crappiest service. And I've been to restaurants which have White people working there, but this jack-in-the box was one of the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2008, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Ruidoso NM
1,483 posts, read 1,599,456 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know of a Taco Bell where two whites work (one is in High School, one is apparently in his 70's). The rest of the employees are "normal", though......
Define normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 11:47 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Define normal?
Non-Hispanic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Define normal?
"normal" employees in fast food are Hispanics. Preferably, motivated ADULT Hispanics. Being illegal CAN be a 'motivator', for sure. Old whites, young blacks, military vets, wealthy Iranians, and the disabled, are "abnormal".....at least, when you're talking 'fast food'.

(Ex-LAPD Chief Daryl Gates might have used the term "regular" employees..as when, at a news conference, The Chief expressed regrets that the department's use of the choke-hold had resulted in the deaths of several black suspects. The Chief assured the press that the chokehold had never harmed "regular" suspects)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I live in a pretty diverse neighborhood and despite our diversity, there is about 1 Black women and an Asian manager at the McDonalds. The rest are Hispanic. The one place where I saw no Hispanics is where I got the crappiest service. And I've been to restaurants which have White people working there, but this jack-in-the box was one of the worst.
I hardly ever use fast-food, but I would imagine it would be hard to get a RELIABLE crew among the average, suburban, affluent population....too many 'distractions' out there. Who wants to work when the "surf's up?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138
Anyone watch the Anthony Bourdain special on Mexico? He took us through New York in the behind scenes kitchens. All Hispanics! Even at the high-end Italian pizza parlors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 PM
 
1,353 posts, read 3,131,290 times
Reputation: 891
I wonder if Mitt Romney will go to prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 02:37 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
I wonder if Mitt Romney will go to prison.
Why would he go to prison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,490,847 times
Reputation: 413
"They" say he used illegals to do his yard work.

Last edited by texanborn; 02-03-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2008, 02:45 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,982 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
"normal" employees in fast food are Hispanics. Preferably, motivated ADULT Hispanics. Being illegal CAN be a 'motivator', for sure. Old whites, young blacks, military vets, wealthy Iranians, and the disabled, are "abnormal".....at least, when you're talking 'fast food'.

(Ex-LAPD Chief Daryl Gates might have used the term "regular" employees..as when, at a news conference, The Chief expressed regrets that the department's use of the choke-hold had resulted in the deaths of several black suspects. The Chief assured the press that the chokehold had never harmed "regular" suspects)...
but for the last 2 years.. you would never see anyone around here that is hispanic.. now many of the fast food places have them.. but health service rating cards in the windows have changed from "A" ratings to mostly "C" ratings now.. The health department is trying thier best to teach them about cleaning issues. so now we check the health rating cards before we enter a place. But, Indiana is now cracking down on the illegals from SOB, so maybe the places will start to lose thier illegals. it use to be all american kids working in the fast food place around here, til the illegal hispanics started to show up. Hopefully.. the crackdowns will force the illegals out, and the americans can get thier jobs back.. we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top