U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafm View Post
They could try to come into this country legally. Thousands of other people did, why should they be any different. I would not go to another country and expect to change their laws or language, just because I believe they would owe it to me for coming into thier country illegal.
Precious few of us would disagree with you either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
I was watching the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson, he is Scottish and last night they showed his swearing in as an American Citizen. He was very proud. He went through the process and loves this country.

At his swearing in there were over 3000 Mexicans being sworn in as well, so it IS posible to come here legally from Mexico.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:54 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I've been with ALIPAC Illegal Immigration ALIPAC since 2005.

i just got banned from there 3 days short of my 2 year anniversary...LOL

I guess I shouldn't have let all the Paul-bashers get so far under my skin.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
i just got banned from there 3 days short of my 2 year anniversary...LOL

I guess I shouldn't have let all the Paul-bashers get so far under my skin.
I knew your user name looked familiar. Even with the W missing.

William had a "warning" out on a sticky note saying to watch you say because in the next couple days some people were to be banned and I,m sure here was refering to that thread. Did you read it? He was pretty upset about all of the attacks and personal bashing.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-05-2008 at 09:38 AM..

Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:

William had a "warning" out on a sticky note saying to watch you say because in the next couple days some people were to be banned and I,m sure here was refering to that thread. Did you read it? He was pretty upset about all of the attacks and personal bashing.
Yeah, The comment that did me in was when I told MW that "I hadn't seen ANYONE supporting Hillary or Obama, not even the nutjobs." I guess the moderators took it to mean that I was calling the Romney supporters nutjobs, although that really wasn't the case.

Anyway, I don't hold any hard feelings about it, I think the organization does great work and I'm still on the e-mail list for updates, but the posting ban is permanent so I won't be on the boards anymore.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Quote:

They banned me for standing up for Veterans...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:22 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Quote:

They banned me for standing up for Veterans...But it's easy to sneak back in by the back door...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM

1,252 posts, read 726,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
But it's easy to sneak back in by the back door...
I thought sneaking in was not a quality that was to be admired.....

Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
You can always change your profile, username and email address. That's what I would do.
The phrase "Sneaking in" sounds too much like what we're already fighting against.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
I thought sneaking in was not a quality that was to be admired.....
'Sneaking in' to defend my country against illegal immigrant lawbreakers is A-OK with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or