U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:35 AM

31,485 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Thats not what it is.. The original quoted post was.. Imagine how many more would go if we started enforcing our laws and hitting illegals with stiff fines and if you read my reply, I was saying if you add to that, certain jobs being gone, there wouldn't be much or any left.

Again, what jobs would be gone? I'm about to give up trying to understand what you mean and I can see some other posters are confused also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 06:48 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Los Angeles (AFP) - The United States with its glitter of wealth has long been a powerful lure for Mexicans, but for the first time since accurate record keeping began in the 1970s the net flow is headed back the other way.

Mexicans are going home because of the lingering effects of the financial crisis in America, economic stability in Mexico and outright deportation

The thrill is gone as Mexicans trudge home from US

Good. Mexican nationals NEED to build up their own country unless those here legally really WANT to become Americans. Illegal aliens just need to leave. Period.
Still flooding across the border. The new arrivals have yet to get the no money memo I guess. Most of our resources are going to the middle eastern refugees right now. They are the new victim class and will be coming by the thousands to your neighborhood soon. The Mexicans will not be able to compete with these immigrants, many who have degrees and are desperate for work themselves. Be hard for anti illegals to shout for the Syrians to go home since the government is bringing them here legally. Good bye America. We will live long enough to see our country vanish. Must have been interesting to watch Rome disappear.....Maybe we should all go to Mexico?

Old 12-05-2015, 07:27 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
How can they say that when we have a new "surge" going on right now of illegals flooding across the border into the US ?

Up 85% over last year.

Border patrol "welcomed" 8000 kids in 6 weeks (Oct and 1/2 of Nov).
They will be processed and reunited with their families already here in the US

Illegal immigrant children, non-Mexicans surge across U.S. Southwest border at record rate - Washington Times

Old 12-05-2015, 08:15 AM

1,826 posts, read 1,152,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, what jobs would be gone? I'm about to give up trying to understand what you mean and I can see some other posters are confused also.
???

Okaaay..... That original quoted post of imagining how many more would go... Add to that the jobs from my other post being gone in America... Even more would go and there would be very few if any left in America.

Last edited by owl6969; 12-05-2015 at 08:37 AM..

Old 12-05-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
???

Okaaay..... That original quoted post of imagining how many more would go... Add to that the jobs from my other post being gone in America... Even more would go and there would be very few if any left in America.

I don't recall you mentioning any specific jobs by name under this topic. If you are referring to outsourcing, construction, landscaping, restaurant work, etc. cannot be outsourced. These are jobs that illegals have been doing, Americans need and would do again with the exit of illegal aliens out of our country.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I don't recall you mentioning any specific jobs by name under this topic. If you are referring to outsourcing, construction, landscaping, restaurant work, etc. cannot be outsourced. These are jobs that illegals have been doing, Americans need and would do again with the exit of illegal aliens out of our country.
It was.. If those jobs were gone or to be a lil clearer; non existent in America there would be very few if any of them in America

Last edited by owl6969; 12-05-2015 at 08:55 AM..

Old 12-05-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
It was.. If those jobs were gone or to be a lil clearer; non existent in America there would be very few if any of them in America

Please refresh my memory or point out the post# where you mentioned specific jobs. I went back through all of your posts under this topic and they were not mentioned specifically by name. All you said is jobs that Mexicans do. Sans crop picking the jobs that they do have always been done by Americans and most of those jobs can't be outsourced so they won't be gone as you are claiming. Many if not most blue-collared jobs that illegals have taken will not be non-existent in America.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Please refresh my memory or point out the post# where you mentioned specific jobs. I went back through all of your posts under this topic and they were not mentioned specifically by name. All you said is jobs that Mexicans do. Sans crop picking the jobs that they do have always been done by Americans and most of those jobs can't be outsourced so they won't be gone as you are claiming. Many if not most blue-collared jobs that illegals have taken will not be non-existent in America.
To be a lil clearer: its if they (menial or whatever jobs etc..) are non-existent then the people from Mexico will be very few if any in America.

Last edited by owl6969; 12-05-2015 at 10:12 AM..

Old 12-05-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
To be a lil clearer: its if they (menial or whatever jobs etc..) are non-existent then the people from Mexico will be very few if any in America.

And as I said, most of them can't be outsourced so they wouldn't be non-existent.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:27 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Oh! I know what jobs will disappear, public assistance workers will decrease. Seriously, in many cities with a high illegal population, they will not need as many social workers and other support personnel!

Blacks are hit the hardest: Amnesty Harms Black Americans More Than Bad Cops or Profiling | illegal immigration amnesty | Limits to Growth and https://www.numbersusa.com/news/blac...lack-americans

Maybe it would decrease jobs at homeless shelters as Section 8 housing empties out and the illegal parents haul their anchor babies back across the southern border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or