Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:50 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times

Advertisements

People make a big fuss about how we can't deport 11M people, but I think it can be done fairly quickly and without too much of a hassle. Here are some ideas:

- Drop the prisoners off across the border ASAP
- Let the illegals know they have 3 months to get out on their own and if they ever want to come back, they need to be gone by the 3 months. Make this real by allowing them to register themselves as back in their home country and put those immigration applicants first in line.
- Huge fines on any company caught hiring an illegal
- Reward money for leading authorities to any illegal

Main idea is you give illegals and companies 3 months to do the right thing. After that, huge penalties on both.

What else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 07:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Tax their income at 100% no matter how it can be done.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Tax their income at 100% no matter how it can be done.
They get paid under the table though.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:39 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Not all of them. Many of them are using either a stolen ID or a fake SSN. Using a stolen ID is ID theft and those who do that need to go to jail. Once deported, they can never come back to this country. Unfortunately, the law says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. If that happens to you, you only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing a tax return on a job you never worked. The SSA won't tell you if someone is using your number but not your name.

Despicably, no politician on either side of the aisle has made any effort to fix the law so it reads that it is illegal to use a SSN that is not yours.

As for your plan to get them to leave---first of all, there are way more than 11 million of them. The government has been telling us for years that the number is 11 million. Yet every single day, illegals sneak across the border and overstay visas. It's not hard to figure out that there has to be far, far more than 11 million of them.

As for letting them apply to come in legally---No illegal who committed ID theft should be allowed back in, neither should tax evaders. Plus they all need to go to the very back of the line. For me personally, I don't think any of them should be allowed back in.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
But..but....who would do all those jobs Americans won't do???

Old 12-04-2015, 11:59 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Don't drop prisoners at the border--take them hundreds of miles into the interior like Eisenhower did. End birthright citizenship.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:05 AM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Absolutely do not put those immigration applications first in line!!! No cutting by those that have no respect for our laws!!! Others have been waiting for years to do it the right way. We want to reward good behavior not bad.

We just cut off the supply lines as has been said a million times here. Like I said, the neighbors started feeding one stray cat, soon all the strays in the area were coming to be fed. These cats were hanging around climbing on vehicles, going to the bathroom everywhere, killing the birds, etc. They quit putting out cat food. Problem solved.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:22 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:

No, many of them are on a payroll.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:33 AM

13 posts, read 16,481 times
Quote:
People make a big fuss about how we can't deport 11M people, but I think it can be done fairly quickly and without too much of a hassle. Here are some ideas:

- Drop the prisoners off across the border ASAP
- Let the illegals know they have 3 months to get out on their own and if they ever want to come back, they need to be gone by the 3 months. Make this real by allowing them to register themselves as back in their home country and put those immigration applicants first in line.
- Huge fines on any company caught hiring an illegal
- Reward money for leading authorities to any illegal

Main idea is you give illegals and companies 3 months to do the right thing. After that, huge penalties on both.

What else?
Works for me.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Absolutely do not put those immigration applications first in line!!! No cutting by those that have no respect for our laws!!! Others have been waiting for years to do it the right way. We want to reward good behavior not bad.

We just cut off the supply lines as has been said a million times here. Like I said, the neighbors started feeding one stray cat, soon all the strays in the area were coming to be fed. These cats were hanging around climbing on vehicles, going to the bathroom everywhere, killing the birds, etc. They quit putting out cat food. Problem solved.
Ok, you make a good point. I was trying to think of an incentive to get them to leave on their own to save money, but if there are solid ways to cut off all their funds, I'm for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration