U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,977,821 times

Advertisements

How about, just to suit the PC crowd, we start calling them criminal immigrants? After all, they did break the law in coming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 02:23 PM

6,814 posts, read 9,374,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
'No human being is illegal': Linguists decry use of 'illegal immigrants' to tag people who enter U.S. without papers | Christian News on Christian Today

There are human beings that are illegal. They just don't know that because they've been brainwashed into believing the propaganda that there isn't.
There is indeed a problem with the term "illegal immigrant".

It is not the word illegal, that is fine. It is the word immigrant. These people are not immigrants. An immigrant is someone who is invited to move to a country and share in society. Not someone who intends to break laws and live underground in a shadow economy.

So the term should be illegal alien or something like that.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:08 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

It is not the word illegal, that is fine. It is the word immigrant. These people are not immigrants. An immigrant is someone who is invited to move to a country and share in society. Not someone who intends to break laws and live underground in a shadow economy.

Illegal alien is the immigration law term for them. Of course the PC crowd doesn't like it.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:14 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,623,323 times
Exclamation Ilegle is Ilegle

Yes they and they have broken many laws just to be here. Not only put themselves and Family at risk.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:29 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,691,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

I agree LINative.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 12 days ago)

13,387 posts, read 11,879,321 times
If there is no such thing as "illegal" immigrant, then how about "illegal" alumni? What if I print up some fraudulent diplomas from the University of California?

Old 12-13-2015, 04:56 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If there is no such thing as "illegal" immigrant, then how about "illegal" alumni? What if I print up some fraudulent diplomas from the University of California?
It depends. If you are an "undocumented citizen", I think it will be OK.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:12 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,278,608 times
The second I read "undocumented" is the second I stop reading an article and click on another website. If the term was being used to describe the individuals as the left claims, I'd agree with them and would be against the term "illegal." But, as others have stated, all "illegal" does is describe the fact that these individuals illegally entered the country. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:54 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
UGH What is it with people who feel the need to label criminals with a softer word or people who feel the need to explain the actions of an individual to make that person seem more than what they are?

Nations have laws for a reason and that is to allow the masses to live relatively peacefully. The more people there are the more rules and laws you need to control everyone.

If we have say 2 people who are room mates there are rules of the house to follow. The same goes for a family of 4 and the same for millions living in the United states.

If someone sneaks into the country or overstays their visa they are here ILLEGALLY.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:33 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH What is it with people who feel the need to label criminals with a softer word or people who feel the need to explain the actions of an individual to make that person seem more than what they are?

Nations have laws for a reason and that is to allow the masses to live relatively peacefully. The more people there are the more rules and laws you need to control everyone.

If we have say 2 people who are room mates there are rules of the house to follow. The same goes for a family of 4 and the same for millions living in the United states.

If someone sneaks into the country or overstays their visa they are here ILLEGALLY.
Agreed and HOW and, it ain't just a US thing either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or