U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 07:19 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times

Advertisements

Last year, I got this virus that was brought in by illegals. I was sicker than I had ever been. I did not know what it was and I avoid the doctor office like the plague because every time we go, we catch something else which is usually worse than what we have.

It was interesting though because 2 people that had the same thing outside our home were told they had different things, a mother and an adult son. The mother had a pneumonia immunization so the doctor told her she had "bronchitus and her son who didn't get the pneumonia immunization was told he had "pneumonia". It was the same thing. As it turned out, this was being kept quiet by our government.

Americans fret about mystery virus and illegal kids

I do know this was much worse than "bronchitus" which I had a couple of times 30 years ago.

So, if anyone hears of anything going around, I would like to know. I have stocked the house with supplies and avoid the winter crowds but my adult son has a case manager that comes to the house and she brings "stuff" with her.

We don't even go to the library because of the bed bug issue here. I am just horrified that we will get bed bugs. Never had them and don't want them. Here, they live 3 and 4 families to a 2 bedroom house so anything coming in from the south will be circulating in a neighborhood nearby.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:51 AM

8,855 posts, read 10,310,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Last year, I got this virus that was brought in by illegals. I was sicker than I had ever been. I did not know what it was and I avoid the doctor office like the plague because every time we go, we catch something else which is usually worse than what we have.

It was interesting though because 2 people that had the same thing outside our home were told they had different things, a mother and an adult son. The mother had a pneumonia immunization so the doctor told her she had "bronchitus and her son who didn't get the pneumonia immunization was told he had "pneumonia". It was the same thing. As it turned out, this was being kept quiet by our government.

Americans fret about mystery virus and illegal kids

I do know this was much worse than "bronchitus" which I had a couple of times 30 years ago.

So, if anyone hears of anything going around, I would like to know. I have stocked the house with supplies and avoid the winter crowds but my adult son has a case manager that comes to the house and she brings "stuff" with her.

We don't even go to the library because of the bed bug issue here. I am just horrified that we will get bed bugs. Never had them and don't want them. Here, they live 3 and 4 families to a 2 bedroom house so anything coming in from the south will be circulating in a neighborhood nearby.

I don't understand. You start by saying you got a virus brought in by illegals, but then say you don't know what it was because you avoid the doctor's office. Then two other people had the "same" thing. Pneumonia and bronchitis are typically secondary infections rather than the primary virus. Influenza, for example, can often lead to pneumonia. I've dealt with bronchitis a few times with the common cold (which is, of course, not one virus but a variety of viruses). Which brings me to your link about enteroviruses (there are many) which were first isolated in 1962 and cause about 10-15 million infections each year in the US, usually in the late summer and early fall. Most with an enterovirus chalk their symptoms up to a cold (sometimes severe). It's not some special thing brought in by illegals. Not trying to be rude, but I often wonder if people who think illegals have special illnesses realize that bacteria and viruses do not care what someone's legal status is in a country. And that thousands and thousands of people legally travel all over the world every day, and every one of those people (which includes Americans) are a perfect conduit for these diseases to travel. One of our most recent measles outbreaks was at a church here in north Texas that did not believe in vaccination. They had a visitor from overseas (absolutely legal) and boom!

Old 12-13-2015, 07:58 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I don't understand. You start by saying you got a virus brought in by illegals, but then say you don't know what it was because you avoid the doctor's office. Then two other people had the "same" thing. Pneumonia and bronchitis are typically secondary infections rather than the primary virus. Influenza, for example, can often lead to pneumonia. I've dealt with bronchitis a few times with the common cold (which is, of course, not one virus but a variety of viruses). Which brings me to your link about enteroviruses (there are many) which were first isolated in 1962 and cause about 10-15 million infections each year in the US, usually in the late summer and early fall. Most with an enterovirus chalk their symptoms up to a cold (sometimes severe). It's not some special thing brought in by illegals. Not trying to be rude, but I often wonder if people who think illegals have special illnesses realize that bacteria and viruses do not care what someone's legal status is in a country. And that thousands and thousands of people legally travel all over the world every day, and every one of those people (which includes Americans) are a perfect conduit for these diseases to travel. One of our most recent measles outbreaks was at a church here in north Texas that did not believe in vaccination. They had a visitor from overseas (absolutely legal) and boom!
Number 1, if you live a distance from them, you don't get super lice, bed bugs and odd viruses. We never did. Have you ever lived away from them and realize how much less sick everyone is? These are 3rd world people many living like rats where disease and viruses thrive.

So, you are saying that where you live, you wouldn't be able to tell what is being brought in because it is just expected? I don't want to be rude either but the illegals coming in aren't clean, they have a lot of health problems that they bring with them, they bring in sick animals.............. They milking the Medicaid system with their 3 times the use of emergency rooms than US citizens and their sick anchor babies. Oh, did you know that is one of the reasons that we have immigration laws?

I never heard of bed bugs being common and lice until we moved here. Every store has them on hand. They are destroying the town with their filth. They don't even know the difference.

Don't even bring up vaccinations since I am talking about childhood diseases which I had. I am talking about the government keeping the crap these illegals drag in with them quiet. I am SO glad I don't have kids in school.

Again, the conversation won't be necessary when we start enforcing immigration law and haul the collective butts back to where they belong, not mooching off the US taxpayers and having anchor babies for profit!!!!!!!

http://www.teaparty.org/cdc-admitted...n-links-63274/
http://overpassesforamerica.com/?p=14295
http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-...ls_090214.html
http://investmentwatchblog.com/myste...-be-tip-of-ic/

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 12-13-2015 at 08:09 AM..

Old 12-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 10 days ago)

13,366 posts, read 11,871,000 times
Maybe the sick ones are being sent here...

...like the smallpox blankets were given to the Native Americans.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:34 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Maybe the sick ones are being sent here...

...like the smallpox blankets were given to the Native Americans.

Actually, there is no proof that these smallpox blankets were given to the indios intentionally. I refuse to call them native Americans because no one was native to this country/continent back then. Everybody back then migrated here from somewhere else.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:47 PM

14,196 posts, read 7,399,448 times
I have only known 1 case in my life. In 2015, at least 7 people I know had "pnuemonia" One died, and I was in the hospital for 8 days with it and it left permanent scarring.. Can I sue the federal government? ha .. doctors were told to shut up on the matter.. I would post a link but surely anyone that has a keyboard can find the multitude of articles pertaining to the matter of sick illegals from central america arriving last year.. and supposedly there is another "herd" of children crossing the wastelands of mexico to make it to the promised land... How in the &$& does a child cross a large country let alone 90,000 of them? and of course there is the story of gray haired ones being placed in school in NE and teachers told to shut up.. when does the revolution begin?

Old 12-13-2015, 05:56 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
You would hope the right has some rationality to it and then you get one of these threads where all the idiocy is laid out right in front of all.

We live in the metro area with the highest rate of illegal immigrants per capita...we do not get sick from them or otherwise. If illegal aliens were a health problem we would all have been dead years ago.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I have only known 1 case in my life. In 2015, at least 7 people I know had "pnuemonia" One died, and I was in the hospital for 8 days with it and it left permanent scarring.. Can I sue the federal government? ha .. doctors were told to shut up on the matter.. I would post a link but surely anyone that has a keyboard can find the multitude of articles pertaining to the matter of sick illegals from central america arriving last year.. and supposedly there is another "herd" of children crossing the wastelands of mexico to make it to the promised land... How in the &$& does a child cross a large country let alone 90,000 of them? and of course there is the story of gray haired ones being placed in school in NE and teachers told to shut up.. when does the revolution begin?
A case of WHAT? 1 case of WHAT? My mother almost died from pneumonia and meningitis back in the early seventies resulting from chicken pox that she caught from my brother and I (she didn't have them as a child). It's very frustrating when these conversations come up because it is so clear many people don't understand the very basics of disease in general.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You would hope the right has some rationality to it and then you get one of these threads where all the idiocy is laid out right in front of all.

We live in the metro area with the highest rate of illegal immigrants per capita...we do not get sick from them or otherwise. If illegal aliens were a health problem we would all have been dead years ago.
The ignorance is astounding. Apparently "brown" people have special diseases. I'm guessing most people who think this way don't travel much, don't know people who travel, etc... . Enteroviruses, infectious diseases, the common cold, influenza...do not respect visas and passports. The flu takes a world tour every single year.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Number 1, if you live a distance from them, you don't get super lice, bed bugs and odd viruses. We never did. Have you ever lived away from them and realize how much less sick everyone is? These are 3rd world people many living like rats where disease and viruses thrive.

So, you are saying that where you live, you wouldn't be able to tell what is being brought in because it is just expected? I don't want to be rude either but the illegals coming in aren't clean, they have a lot of health problems that they bring with them, they bring in sick animals.............. They milking the Medicaid system with their 3 times the use of emergency rooms than US citizens and their sick anchor babies. Oh, did you know that is one of the reasons that we have immigration laws?

I never heard of bed bugs being common and lice until we moved here. Every store has them on hand. They are destroying the town with their filth. They don't even know the difference.

Don't even bring up vaccinations since I am talking about childhood diseases which I had. I am talking about the government keeping the crap these illegals drag in with them quiet. I am SO glad I don't have kids in school.

Again, the conversation won't be necessary when we start enforcing immigration law and haul the collective butts back to where they belong, not mooching off the US taxpayers and having anchor babies for profit!!!!!!!

CDC Admitted Disease Imported as States Data Reveals Illegal Alien Links - Tea Party News
OverpassesForAmerica – AS ILLEGAL ALIEN CHILDREN ENTER U.S. SCHOOLS, CASES OF ‘SUPER LICE’ SEE DRAMATIC RISE #o4a #news #immigration #NoAmnesty
http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-...ls_090214.html
MYSTERY: More than 1000 children hit with respiratory virus across 10 states… Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Iowa, Colorado, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Georgia… May be ‘tip of iceberg’
Disease and viruses thrive everywhere. I live in a large international city (with FAR too many illegals) and I have not dealt with super lice (lice have always been around in the US, I consider us lucky!), no bed bugs (again, have always been around...you can read about horrible infestations in NYC way prior to illegal immigration...another thing that all it takes is someone bringing it home from a hotel from anywhere), and no weird viruses.

Every store has what on hand? Remedies for lice? Those remedies have always been around because lice are always around. Completely disgusting, gives me the willies, but have always been here.

Don't bring up vaccinations? Why not? People are so ready to blame illegals yet, as I pointed out, our most recent outbreak of measles had nothing to do with them. So I WILL bring it up as it's completely pertinent to the conversation.

What exact virus did you have? Can you answer that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or