U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2015, 06:15 AM
 
1,701 posts, read 883,285 times
Reputation: 710

Advertisements

500 "young" settled in a camp/retreat center. 500 more to be sent to another camp.


I guess all the babies are here so now it's time for the teenagers/baby daddies to arrive. And they all have relatives in the US who are probably illegal. I'm sure they will all show up for their court date for potential deportation, just like their relatives did(n't). LOL


Reminds me of the EU where 90% of those "migrants" from Syria are male.


500 young Central American migrants settle in at camp | Dallas Morning News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2015, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Reputation: 18141
When we have teens living on the streets here, living in neighborhoods where it is unsafe to be outside, etc. that are citizens.............. It is getting to the point that it is no wonder people just give up trying to get ahead in this country.

Charity begins at home. I know, how un-liberal of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2015, 08:11 AM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
500 "young" settled in a camp/retreat center. 500 more to be sent to another camp.


I guess all the babies are here so now it's time for the teenagers/baby daddies to arrive. And they all have relatives in the US who are probably illegal. I'm sure they will all show up for their court date for potential deportation, just like their relatives did(n't). LOL


Reminds me of the EU where 90% of those "migrants" from Syria are male.


500 young Central American migrants settle in at camp | Dallas Morning News

Yep, just more anchors to support and more dilution of our identifying culture and language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2015, 08:13 AM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When we have teens living on the streets here, living in neighborhoods where it is unsafe to be outside, etc. that are citizens.............. It is getting to the point that it is no wonder people just give up trying to get ahead in this country.

Charity begins at home. I know, how un-liberal of me.

I was up in Portland, Oregon this year and I couldn't believe the number of homeless in their streets. I am sure many of them were young people and citizens of our country. They live on the streets while these foreign "teenage" arrivals are given all the tools to survive here. Makes me sick to my stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2015, 08:46 AM
 
62,391 posts, read 27,771,221 times
Reputation: 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When we have teens living on the streets here, living in neighborhoods where it is unsafe to be outside, etc. that are citizens.............. It is getting to the point that it is no wonder people just give up trying to get ahead in this country.
Actually, many of us are angry that our federal government prioritizes illegal alien teens over U.S. Citizen teens. That should NEVER happen. But it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,125,763 times
Reputation: 6744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I was up in Portland, Oregon this year and I couldn't believe the number of homeless in their streets. I am sure many of them were young people and citizens of our country. They live on the streets while these foreign "teenage" arrivals are given all the tools to survive here. Makes me sick to my stomach.
I think one should wonder why so many homeless youth are parents kicking them out, kids running away, what is the deal. Seems families are not taking personal responsibility or are these kids being imported in and we assume they are American children wandering the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2015, 10:28 AM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think one should wonder why so many homeless youth are parents kicking them out, kids running away, what is the deal. Seems families are not taking personal responsibility or are these kids being imported in and we assume they are American children wandering the streets.

Not sure. Could be that their parents are already here illegally and they left their kids behind so they are here seeking their parents. Could be that their parents are still in their homeland and either sent them here or they just deserted their parents. Who knows, all I know is that they should be turned away at the border rather than allowing them in here to be a burden and responsibility of our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2015, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Reputation: 18141
Problems with teens here: http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-s...way-youth.aspx

With the illegal kids: Undocumented and Unaccompanied: Facts, Figures on Children at the Border - NBC News

I am sure that everyone knows that it is almost impossible to find foster homes for our citizen children and any homes available should be going to them. We need to find out where they are from and return them to that country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2015, 08:24 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26661
This is happening just a county or two away from where I live.

I don't know anyone who's happy about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2015, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Reputation: 38646
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Problems with teens here: http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-s...way-youth.aspx

With the illegal kids: Undocumented and Unaccompanied: Facts, Figures on Children at the Border - NBC News

I am sure that everyone knows that it is almost impossible to find foster homes for our citizen children and any homes available should be going to them. We need to find out where they are from and return them to that country.
Foster homes are certainly at a shortage and to find one for a teenage mother is almost impossible, not to mention a mother here illegally. I totally agree with you, find them, send them back and stop letting them in. First it was the little kids last year, now it is the kids with kids of their own or with kids on the way. When we make it ugly for them to live here, most will, hopefully want to return to their home country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top