U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 07:09 PM

2,025 posts, read 2,756,125 times

Advertisements

I used to be opposed to such aid but it occurs to me that a billion or so goes a lot farther in the third world and we don't have the misery and madness of the central americans crossing the borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 07:28 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,914,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
But but but all the Mexicans are going back.......
Bah..all the poor Mexicans are here already..probably none left in Mexico now.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,357,311 times
Ridiculous.

They wouldn't come here if there was no incentive - but there is incentive, that's the problem.

We have our own citizens we should be spending that money on instead. We have vets and homeless teens. We have disenfranchised blacks in the HUD/section 8 in inner cities, forgotten about except to throw some housing subsidy and food stamps their way - now how is that helping them improve? I realize many have made bad decisions like dropping out of school and having babies young and unmarried, but the problem is it's almost a never-ending cycle; their kids repeat it. They get stuck in these places and neither know nor expect any different.

Foreigners taking advantage by coming based off hearing it's all good on social media should not get precedent over our citizens.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:46 PM

1,701 posts, read 883,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
I used to be opposed to such aid but it occurs to me that a billion or so goes a lot farther in the third world and we don't have the misery and madness of the central americans crossing the borders.
How much of that "aid" actually goes towards the purpose, after everyone takes their "share" with very little trickling down to the people? Give them 10 billion and you will get the same result as 1 billion. It's because of their corrupt government those countries are in the shape they are in. I guess they will all declare a "war on drugs"??

Old 12-18-2015, 06:38 AM

31,564 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post

I agree. Better to support them in their own countries than to allow them to come here. However, even that has its limits with so many of our own needy and poor to support. There comes a time when the citizens of other countries need to stand up to their own governments and demand change. We cannot be the flop house, employment agency and charity to the whole world.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:41 AM

31,564 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
We are already trillions of dollars in debt....We simply cannot afford any more illegals of any race creed or color.....

Not only illegals but so-called refugees also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration