U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 01:18 PM

31,542 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
This just killed Rubio. We can't afford, continue to afford, 11,000,000 more people here many of which, live off the government in minor and major ways. As I have said dozens of times on CD, we need to hang a "NO VACANCY" sign on the statue of liberty. Complete with intermittent blinking as seen in a run down Motel. We're full.

Hanging on to tradition for tradition's sake is foolish. It's expensive to keep bringing folks in, dropping in the laps of social services and running our systems into the ground. Enough, is enough. Close the borders, help them in their own countries.

Want to make the world more democratic in policy? Keep folks in their own countries. When they get sick and tired of their dictators, they will depose them. Period. It's not our job to free them. May they free themselves and enjoy better lives.

Close the borders, to INCLUDE Canada, now. We can't afford any more "teeming masses"...one need only look at any major metro and can see, we have all the "teeming masses" one could ever hope for.

Lol, I like your idea. Either that or remove that stupid poem from that statue as it can no longer apply to modern day times. I am also for helping them in their own countries but making sure the monies get into the right hands and even at that we still need to make sure that our own citizen's needs are met first. Importing them all here to take American jobs, taxes and resources is a terrible solution for the American people. Yes, it is time for foreigners to fight for their own countries. Our government make it too easy for them not to do so though.

Excellent post, thank you!

Old 12-19-2015, 01:25 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,062,357 times
"Rubio: I think the American people are going to be reasonable on 11M illegal aliens"

Meaning: I think the sucker American people who vote us RINO'S in are going to approve present and future illegal aliens.

My response: Don't count me in as one of those suckers, I'm already onto you and your fellow RINO BS hi-jinks.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:21 PM

11,505 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to admit, I will most likely support him and I see his stand a little differently but I agree. I wish he was a little harder on the issue. I really do not know the answer. I do feel it is totally out of the question to think we are going to send millions back to their home country. I even have reservations as to whether it would be humane, but I am not sold on his softness. I am hoping he will think his stand over a little more closely or maybe be able to explain it in a way more can accept it. I believe it is pretty hard to totally get your point across in a debate. I want to see him explain what he would do in a one on one interview. I have heard him interviewed many times, but am still not clear on how he really feels.
Why would you worry if it is "humane" to deport illegals back to their own countries? They have no business being here, yet they knowingly and willingly violated our immigration laws when they either sneaked across the border or overstayed a visa.

Besides, no one is talking about kicking in doors and rounding up illegals. Make life so difficult for them that they leave on their own. How do we do this? We make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the work force through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs. Close that despicable loophole in the law that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. It's beyond disgraceful that no one on either side of the aisle has attempted to do this. Then do something to end the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. Make sure that illegals can't tap into any welfare programs (and they do tap into these programs once they birth an anchor baby). If illegals can't find work or tap into any welfare programs, they will leave on their own. Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or collect any welfare?

It's very clear as to how Rubio feels about this issue. He was part of the Gang of 8 that crafted that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill which is nothing but amnesty and has provisions in it that would hurt Americans. Of course, Rubio has since tried to distance himself from it but Chuck Schumer said that Rubio was a willing participant in the Gang of 8 and no one forced him to join.

Also sickening is that Rubio wants to increase the number of H1-Bs. Even though that visa program is riddled with fraud and corruption. We don't need any H1-Bs---especially since now the visa is being used to displace Americans in the work force. When Disney did just that---in Rubio's home state'---Rubio remained silent on the issue. His silence speaks volumes and shows that he doesn't support American citizens.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:48 AM

69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Why would you worry if it is "humane" to deport illegals back to their own countries? They have no business being here, yet they knowingly and willingly violated our immigration laws when they either sneaked across the border or overstayed a visa.

Besides, no one is talking about kicking in doors and rounding up illegals. Make life so difficult for them that they leave on their own. How do we do this? We make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the work force through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs. Close that despicable loophole in the law that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. It's beyond disgraceful that no one on either side of the aisle has attempted to do this. Then do something to end the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. Make sure that illegals can't tap into any welfare programs (and they do tap into these programs once they birth an anchor baby). If illegals can't find work or tap into any welfare programs, they will leave on their own. Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or collect any welfare?

It's very clear as to how Rubio feels about this issue. He was part of the Gang of 8 that crafted that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill which is nothing but amnesty and has provisions in it that would hurt Americans. Of course, Rubio has since tried to distance himself from it but Chuck Schumer said that Rubio was a willing participant in the Gang of 8 and no one forced him to join.

Also sickening is that Rubio wants to increase the number of H1-Bs. Even though that visa program is riddled with fraud and corruption. We don't need any H1-Bs---especially since now the visa is being used to displace Americans in the work force. When Disney did just that---in Rubio's home state'---Rubio remained silent on the issue. His silence speaks volumes and shows that he doesn't support American citizens.
Think of this, just a hypothetical situation: grandpa comes to America illegally 40 years as a young man; He falls in love with grandma and they get married. He works and doesn't depend on the government for assistance. he and grandma had 4 kids. Now the kids are grown with kids of their own and possibly grandkids. The kids managed to get good educations. No one lives on welfare, no one has ever broken a law after moving here and of course all speak English. Send grandpa back to Mexico where any family he had might not even be living or let him stay? Maybe you, like your God, Trump would indeed send him back, for me, NOPE!!! We had this discussion over a few glasses of wine, last night with our daughter and her hubby. They totally agree with me. BTW we are all conservatives. Our son in law happens to be a first generation American. His family is from Russia and Hungry and there are probably people in his family that may have come here, many years ago, illegally. He does know, believe it or not, one family member came through Mexico. He never even questioned how this young man, sent by his family, at 14 years old, got from Russia, to Mexico and then into the USA. This was probably 75 years ago.

You can love or hate Rubio, I am simply saying, there are more of us here with family members originally from other parts of the world that may or may not have entered legally and have turned out to be top of the line Americans. Stop the illegal entering YES, but don't be so self righteous that you live with your head in the sand.

BTW, on my fathers side of our family, we came over on the Mayflower, so I am not someone who thinks my family came here illegally by any means.

I have said all I am going to say on the subject because we all have our ideas on the subject and no one is going to change our views based on something those of us on CD have to sy on the subject.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:55 AM

7,110 posts, read 2,894,833 times
Rubio thinks he's a charmer. He hates the job he got elected for now. Maybe he needs to get into another business. I'm astonished that he has the supporters he has....

Old 12-20-2015, 06:54 AM

31,542 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Think of this, just a hypothetical situation: grandpa comes to America illegally 40 years as a young man; He falls in love with grandma and they get married. He works and doesn't depend on the government for assistance. he and grandma had 4 kids. Now the kids are grown with kids of their own and possibly grandkids. The kids managed to get good educations. No one lives on welfare, no one has ever broken a law after moving here and of course all speak English. Send grandpa back to Mexico where any family he had might not even be living or let him stay? Maybe you, like your God, Trump would indeed send him back, for me, NOPE!!! We had this discussion over a few glasses of wine, last night with our daughter and her hubby. They totally agree with me. BTW we are all conservatives. Our son in law happens to be a first generation American. His family is from Russia and Hungry and there are probably people in his family that may have come here, many years ago, illegally. He does know, believe it or not, one family member came through Mexico. He never even questioned how this young man, sent by his family, at 14 years old, got from Russia, to Mexico and then into the USA. This was probably 75 years ago.

You can love or hate Rubio, I am simply saying, there are more of us here with family members originally from other parts of the world that may or may not have entered legally and have turned out to be top of the line Americans. Stop the illegal entering YES, but don't be so self righteous that you live with your head in the sand.

BTW, on my fathers side of our family, we came over on the Mayflower, so I am not someone who thinks my family came here illegally by any means.

I have said all I am going to say on the subject because we all have our ideas on the subject and no one is going to change our views based on something those of us on CD have to sy on the subject.

How was grandpa able to work without breaking the law? The scenario you play out isn't the norm. Most illegals haven't been here for 40 years. Sorry, but your story did not tug at my heartstrings. No one should be able to escape justice from the law based on how many years they have managed to evade it.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:06 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:

The grandpa NEEDS to leave the US; especially if he has ANY misdemeanors or higher. Tho to be fair; I could see an "amnesty" for those who've been here MORE than 30 years as long as there are NO convictions above a traffic ticket, which would still get rid of MOST illegal aliens right there.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:02 AM

4,529 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Rubio thinks he's a charmer. He hates the job he got elected for now. Maybe he needs to get into another business. I'm astonished that he has the supporters he has....
Same here. People think he'll go far because of external factors like youth, looks, and being Hispanic. The guy is a pathological liar. They've let him off the hook about lying about his patents fleeing Castro and about his spendthrift ways on the GOP credit card. He can act his way through his rehearsed speeches but I don't think he's a deep thinker. His belief that a rape or incest victim should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term is loathsome to me. He's barely done his job as senator and his open border policy would destroy this country.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:48 AM

69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Same here. People think he'll go far because of external factors like youth, looks, and being Hispanic. The guy is a pathological liar. They've let him off the hook about lying about his patents fleeing Castro and about his spendthrift ways on the GOP credit card. He can act his way through his rehearsed speeches but I don't think he's a deep thinker. His belief that a rape or incest victim should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term is loathsome to me. He's barely done his job as senator and his open border policy would destroy this country.
tells us about the lies he told about his family coming from Cuba to America? Tell us about his problems with the GOP credit cards. Ask any top supervisor, in almost any company if employees ever use company cc and then pay the money at the end of the month. I have, and the answer is almost always "yes" The big exception is federal government where this is not allowed, but his was not a government CC but a GOP card. Why does that bother you so much, it didn't hurt you one bit.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:27 PM

11,505 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:

So what if grandpa managed to evade the law for 40 years? (Besides, if hypothetical grandpa has been here 40 years, he should have gotten amnesty in 1986, yet he arrogantly refused to do so.) That doesn't give him a free pass. How many times have you heard stories about criminals who have been on the lam for decades, and during that time they didn't (supposedly) break any other laws? Yet, when they are caught, they are arrested and have to do the time for their crime. Why should grandpa be treated any differently?

Years ago, immigration law was different. Those people you say whose ancestors supposedly came here illegally, did not do so in accordance with the laws of the time.

So, expecting those who want to come here to do so in accordance with the laws of the time, is somehow, to you, being "self righteous"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or