U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2015, 05:23 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356

Advertisements

I wonder what Rubio meant by reforming and modernizing our legal immigration system? Why didn't he elaborate on what he meant? I wasn't aware that our immigration system isn't "modern". Our legal immigration system is already based on quotas that shouldn't impact our own citizens negatively. How much more modern can that get? As for reform, it would still be against the law to come here illegally so where's the reform?

 
Old 12-27-2015, 05:25 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Most people who want illegal aliens to stay in the US without facing punishment probably related to their kind or are here illegally themselves.

Or they are hiring them. There are three agenda's here. None of which is in the best interest of the rest of us.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
 
16,335 posts, read 6,093,929 times
Reputation: 6898
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What do you mean you're being "realistic" and "unemotional"? Please elaborate.

.

The realist in me understands the US could not successfully deport 11,000 today. Let alone 11 million where neither they, you, nor I know where they are at any hour of any day.


And like all other statements, I say that logically, not ranting with emotion as most here post.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 06:27 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The realist in me understands the US could not successfully deport 11,000 today. Let alone 11 million where neither they, you, nor I know where they are at any hour of any day.


And like all other statements, I say that logically, not ranting with emotion as most here post.
E verify, ending birthright for any US born kid unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen, English ONLY for WIC, unemployment, NO drivers licenses for any illegal aliens, give the cops and the courts power to take in ANY known illegal alien with NO release and so on.

MOST illegals WILL leave the US real fast and the few diehards WILL lay low and do their best to avoid trouble.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Reputation: 18141
I'm going to be reasonable. I have been saving cardboard boxes to give to the illegals here for their move home.

We all know what it will take as stated above and stated many times in the forum here and explained in detail. See above post and keep reading again and again. Read it out loud as sometimes that helps.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 06:41 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
E verify, ending birthright for any US born kid unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen, English ONLY for WIC, unemployment, NO drivers licenses for any illegal aliens, give the cops and the courts power to take in ANY known illegal alien with NO release and so on.

MOST illegals WILL leave the US real fast and the few diehards WILL lay low and do their best to avoid trouble.
I agree 100%

No matter how many times we explain this, there are those who keep saying that we can't round them up and deport them There is no need to round them up. Just do the above mentioned things and illegals will self-deport. Why stay here if they can't find work or access any welfare benefits (and they do access welfare benefits once they birth an anchor baby)?
 
Old 12-27-2015, 06:51 PM
 
16,335 posts, read 6,093,929 times
Reputation: 6898
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree 100%

No matter how many times we explain this, there are those who keep saying that we can't round them up and deport them There is no need to round them up. Just do the above mentioned things and illegals will self-deport. Why stay here if they can't find work or access any welfare benefits (and they do access welfare benefits once they birth an anchor baby)?

Millions of citizens and aliens work under the table. e-verify does squat there. They cannot collect unemployment so they never apply. This isn't new. It has existed for ages now.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 07:36 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Millions of citizens and aliens work under the table. e-verify does squat there. They cannot collect unemployment so they never apply. This isn't new. It has existed for ages now.
Of course it isn't new However, when businesses are caught paying under the table, they get in trouble with the law. Just because there are Americans who are tax evaders, doesn't make it right for illegals.

When E-verify becomes the law of the land, then everybody in the work force needs to be run through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs.

Did you know, according to the law, it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? Right now, several people could be using your SSN and the SSA won't tell you. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing a tax return on a job you never worked. Disgracefully, no politician on either side of the aisle has made a move to fix the law when it comes to this issue.

Again, do some research on the issue of illegal immigration.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 08:07 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Millions of citizens and aliens work under the table. e-verify does squat there. They cannot collect unemployment so they never apply. This isn't new. It has existed for ages now.
IF any illegal alien "contacted" by the cops WILL get a 1 way ticket to jail; MOST will get the word their kind ain't wanted and, WILL leave the US.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 08:20 PM
 
16,335 posts, read 6,093,929 times
Reputation: 6898
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Of course it isn't new However, when businesses are caught paying under the table, they get in trouble with the law. Just because there are Americans who are tax evaders, doesn't make it right for illegals..


And there are always more businesses disobeying the law, and as long as they exist, illegals have a lifeline.


I favor btw a corporate death penalty for multiple offenses of either income tax or payroll tax evasion, and I wish we had one where we also for life banned any corp officers from having a single penny of equity in any business again for life, as well as any blood relatives or spouses of theirs. That would destroy the main lifeline for all under the table employment. (Oh, and btw, if you liquidate corp via death penalty all the value is given as a fine to the DOL to find more rogues).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top