Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are an eligible Latino voters are you:
Registered Republican? 4 36.36%
Will you vote for Trump? 7 63.64%
Do you support deportation of undocumented workers? 4 36.36%
Will you vote Democratic? 4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 08:09 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,954,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I don't agree. MOST illegal aliens WILL leave; "Hispanic" or not, if the US started ENFORCING the laws against their kind. Too; stop birthright for kids born here unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen tho IF the other parent's here illegally, that parent WILL still need to leave.
The problem is that your idea is illegal and violates the 14th Amendment
Quote:
The Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
By enforcing laws against their kind, they would have to allow birthright citizenship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 08:36 AM

62,875 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
By enforcing laws against their kind, they would have to allow birthright citizenship

No, it doesn't. The 14th Amendment does not bestow our citizenship on the kids of illegal aliens. Now this topic has been covered in here many times with proof provided so I am not going to open up that can of worms again.

Have no idea what you mean by your last sentence. The law needs to be enforced against those who have entered our country illegally. Those are the "those kind" that we are referring to.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Ireland dumped birthright, the Dominican Republic went batcrap crazy doing that, IMHO the US WILL join the rest of the world's decent countries and put a stop to birthright for locally born kids of illegal or even legal aliens.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:46 AM

62,875 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It would be great if it were that simple but it isn't. There is no way anyone is going to deport somewhere between 15 and 20 million people. I believe in obeying the law, it ticks me off to see how many are here illegally, but we are not going to send them all back. I am not sure we should to be honest. First we need to find a way to keep them from entering the country. Then we need to stop all government benefits for them, no matter what except in the case of life or death. Then we need to get rid of every one of them who has broken the law, no matter how minor. No, I don't mean a traffic ticket. I could go on and on, but the point still remains, you can't send them all back; it is that simple!!!! And has your hero disclosed how many of those working on some of his projects are illegal? Does he check to make certain all the contractors he hires only employ legals? Of course he hasn't. All Trump is saying, is what he thinks his followers want him to say.

Perhaps not, but there are ways to make illegal aliens leave on their own and that is what we are striving for. You mentioned one of them yourself. Yes, they should "all" leave. They are all here in violation of our immigration laws and Americans need the jobs they are holding. If we got rid of all who have broken the law other than coming here illegally then that would be 99% of them. Trump has other people do his hiring for him. All rich people do, so who's to know whether he had knowledge of any illegals being hired? So no accusations unless the truth be known. Normally rich people don't follow up on their underlings to see who they have hired either. They are already being given guidelines as to who they can hire and whom they cannot. It's just the way it works. With e-verify neither the company owners nor their underlings who do the hiring would be able to get away with this anymore. Drying up the jobs is another way to get illegals to leave.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, it doesn't. The 14th Amendment does not bestow our citizenship on the kids of illegal aliens. Now this topic has been covered in here many times with proof provided so I am not going to open up that can of worms again.

Have no idea what you mean by your last sentence. The law needs to be enforced against those who have entered our country illegally. Those are the "those kind" that we are referring to.

WRONG

If you followed the context you would see where their kind derives from. I am refuting the fact that he thinks we can deport people who have birthright citizenship and call it merely enforcing the law.

Perkins v. Elg
Quote:
It has long been a recognized principle in this country that if a child born here is taken during minority to the country of his parents' origin, where his parents resume their former allegiance, he does not thereby lose his citizenship in the United States provided that on attaining majority he elects to retain that citizenship and to return to the United States to assume its duties
. . .

There is no law of the United States under which . . . any other person can deprive him of his birthright

. . . .

a child born to alien parents in the United States is an American citizen, although such child may also be a citizen of the country of his parents according to the law of that country
Acevedo v. Lynch
Quote:
There are two sources of citizenship, and two only: birth and naturalization

Section 1401 U.S. Code Annotated

Quote:
The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
. . . .
a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;

. . . .
United States v. Wong Kim Ark

Quote:
The constitution nowhere defines the meaning of these words ["citizen" and "natural born citizen"], either by way of inclusion or of exclusion, except in so far as this is done by the affirmative declaration that 'all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States.'

Old 12-19-2015, 09:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Perhaps not, but there are ways to make illegal aliens leave on their own and that is what we are striving for. You mentioned one of them yourself. Yes, they should "all" leave. They are all here in violation of our immigration laws and Americans need the jobs they are holding. If we got rid of all who have broken the law other than coming here illegally then that would be 99% of them. Trump has other people do his hiring for him. All rich people do, so who's to know whether he had knowledge of any illegals being hired? So no accusations unless the truth be known. Normally rich people don't follow up on their underlings to see who they have hired either. They are already being given guidelines as to who they can hire and whom they cannot. It's just the way it works. With e-verify neither the company owners nor their underlings who do the hiring would be able to get away with this anymore. Drying up the jobs is another way to get illegals to leave.
Get them to leave of course that would be the answer, but I think you are wrong on how many would leave, regardless. As for Trump not controlling who is hired, of course I agree with you on that as well. I am just saying this is an example of his being so self righteous and not being honest. Ask him if he know the contractors he hires do not hire illegals, what do you think he is going to say? I am tired of his comments about having a lot of Mexican friends and a lot of Mexicans working for him. I bet he does, but not all legal citizens and he loves to tell us he has lots of Muslim friends. They call him all the time: BULL I say. he is a phony in my eyes and so many supposedly supporting him scars me.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:48 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
WRONG

If you followed the context you would see where their kind derives from. I am refuting the fact that he thinks we can deport people who have birthright citizenship and call it merely enforcing the law.

Perkins v. Elg
Acevedo v. Lynch

Section 1401 U.S. Code Annotated

United States v. Wong Kim Ark
Ark's parents were in the US legally. Tho it DOES make me mad seeing the local born kids of ILLEGAL aliens get birthright since US born kids of foreign diplomats DON'T.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:52 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Ireland dumped birthright, the Dominican Republic went batcrap crazy doing that, IMHO the US WILL join the rest of the world's decent countries and put a stop to birthright for locally born kids of illegal or even legal aliens.
The current interpretation of the 14 Amendment and how it relates to birthright citizenship is nuts, as it just encourages people to violate our laws and come here illegally or come here for the sole purpose to have children on our soil so they can stay.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Ark's parents were in the US legally. Tho it DOES make me mad seeing the local born kids of ILLEGAL aliens get birthright since US born kids of foreign diplomats DON'T.
In your favor but currently stalled is under 2015 Cong US S 45 January 7, 2015

Quote:
Definition. Acknowledging the right of birthright citizenship established by section 1 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, a person born in the United States shall be considered 'subject to the jurisdiction' of the United States for purposes of subsection [Section 1401 (the area I quoted above)] only if the person is born in the United States and at least 1 of the person's parents is-

(1) a citizen or national of the United States;

(2) an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States whose residence is in the United States; or

(3) an alien performing active service in the armed forces.

But from what I'm seeing its been stalled since January.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:02 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
This rant has nothing at all to do with original question. It is off topic. Many Latinos - who are mostly the target of Trump and his supporters and Republicans in genera - used to vote Republican . Until Obama. In this election Trump might have distanced them even further by his laser like beam of hate and labeling.
Actually it does. What you were trying to do is paint Trump as anti-Latino which we have already established here is to be nothing but crap! Any legal citizen that cares about the country is not offended by enforcing illegal immigration and any that don't care should load on the bus with the illegals as they head back across the border.

So, what you are saying is that ALL Latinos don't believe that other Latinos should be subject to the laws of the US when they enter illegally. I think maybe you just need to do more research.

We are sick of hearing illegals, illegal sympathizers, illegal exploiters and those that don't have a clue what illegal immigration is doing to our country and refuse to listen to the facts. Again, if anyone is here illegally, they need to go to their home, not mine and ask their government for support, not mine.

It has EVERYTHING to do with your leading and totally off base question. If you hate the law in the US, why are you here? Should we change the laws to accommodate a small minority of people who have no respect for our laws. Those coming to feed off the public assistance teat? Trump is just stating the obvious and perhaps if you listen rather than read the headlines of your favorite liberal website, you too will understand what he is saying.

"Hate" is a buzz words these days, over used and useless, FYI as is "racist" and "bigot". They are totally ineffective toward anyone with a backbone.

Hope this clarifies the issue for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration