U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:35 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,122,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
this dude should've been cuffed and stuffed with NO bond.
For a traffic violation? How often are people taken to jail for a traffic violation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think this person would be jailed for the traffic violation but for the violation of the immigration law of the US. I know that anyone that has broken a law that gets stopped for traffic violations goes downtown to the police station and in the case of breaking immigration law, that person should be detained and deported. I know they use minor traffic stops to trap US citizens who have or are breaking the law. You get stopped. They run your information..........
The local police don't typically get involved in civil disputes. They are more interested in policing crime.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:00 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
For a traffic violation? How often are people taken to jail for a traffic violation?
If here illegally; arrest NEEDS to be automatic. Period. Too; in some states, NO drivers license if driving a car WILL mean a trip to jail.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
If here illegally; arrest NEEDS to be automatic. Period. Too; in some states, NO drivers license if driving a car WILL mean a trip to jail.
I totally agree that an individual driving a car without a license needs to take a trip down to the station (assuming the officer cannot verify the existence of a license via radio or electronically). But police officers do not get involved in civil matters (documentation status) unless the individual is in violation of a court order. An arresting people for civil matters makes no sense and that's why they don't do it.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:05 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I did not know illegals are offered vehicle insurance in California at low cost. Ruined my day. What the heck is wrong with this state? Jerry invites the illegals in, gives them health insurance, drivers licenses, and now low-cost insurance "hoping" they will buy it. It is against the law to drive without insurance in California. An insurance broker friend of mine said many illegals pay for one month of insurance to show they are insured, then drop the policy.

I pay close to $1,000 a year with a perfect driving record and am barely scraping by on early SS until I find a job. I really resent the favoritism.

Jerry must be going down the road of senility as shown by his erratic behavior. I wonder what the next illegal alien entitlement will be in California. No wonder Trump's popularity has soared.

Got that right, WTF is wrong with our STATE, look who's running it. This stupid ass state will never learn, as long as we have the same stupid azzess running it. They make it easy for illegals.

Too much going on these days with illegals, is just not right.

Lets not even talk about the JERRY!

Old 12-25-2015, 12:35 AM

33,046 posts, read 20,714,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
A lot of these "accidents" are arranged in advance.

The car in front of you and the car behind you have drivers that know each other.

Sue both of them.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:12 PM

807 posts, read 429,723 times
Quote:
The law NEEDS to be changed when talking about ILLEGAL aliens; this dude should've been cuffed and stuffed with NO bond.
Changed to what? What is the law where you currently live?

Old 12-25-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think this person would be jailed for the traffic violation but for the violation of the immigration law of the US. I know that anyone that has broken a law that gets stopped for traffic violations goes downtown to the police station and in the case of breaking immigration law, that person should be detained and deported. I know they use minor traffic stops to trap US citizens who have or are breaking the law. You get stopped. They run your information..........
Other than the traffic violation, this person wasn't committing a crime. The police can't just randomly throw people in jail. It's clear to me that you don't have a good understanding of American law.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:16 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Changed to what? What is the law where you currently live?
US law NEEDS to be changed so ANY illegal alien "contacted" by the cops gets a trip downtown, held, then deported.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
US law NEEDS to be changed so ANY illegal alien "contacted" by the cops gets a trip downtown, held, then deported.
So you want civil violations to be treated the same way as criminal violations? How successful have you been with that with your local government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or