U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 03:41 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
So you want civil violations to be treated the same way as criminal violations? How successful have you been with that with your local government?
Does it matter? ILLEGAL aliens NEED to leave the US, period. Too; the DC fools need to make simply being in the US a felony for even the 1st time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 08:02 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
So you want civil violations to be treated the same way as criminal violations? How successful have you been with that with your local government?
As Packard fan said --- the law needs to be changed. That means making first time illegal entry into this country (or overstaying a visa) a felony rather than a misdemeanor. You missed the point entirely.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:18 PM

1,016 posts, read 552,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Got that right, WTF is wrong with our STATE, look who's running it. This stupid ass state will never learn, as long as we have the same stupid azzess running it. They make it easy for illegals.

Too much going on these days with illegals, is just not right.

Lets not even talk about the JERRY!
Amen.

I knew Jerry when he was Secretary of State (he was close friends with a lawyer boss of mine in Sacramento oh-so-many-years-ago). Back then, Jerry had a sly sense of humor, was straight-arrow and ethical to a fault. He really did drive an ugly state-issued Plymouth and lived in a no-frills studio apartment on L Street. The old Jerry followed the laws on the books. Today's Jerry is not the same person by any stretch of the imagination.

Sorry to get off the subject. I am still steamed at illegals being offered low-cost insurance while the rest of us pay for it, on top of everything else they receive gratis.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:43 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Does it matter? ILLEGAL aliens NEED to leave the US, period. Too; the DC fools need to make simply being in the US a felony for even the 1st time.
Even if you succeeded in electing Hillary Clinton, you would have difficulty pushing your liberal progressive big-government laws. As the other poster indicated, if you want local police arresting people without proper documentation, you need to push that agenda with your local municipality. Tell them that you're willing to pay additional taxes to jail these people.

The Constitution of the United States does not empower federal government to criminalize being undocumented. And while your liberal views don't agree with the Constitution, it doesn't change the fact that it exists.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:52 AM

404 posts, read 247,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
From the Los Angeles Forum:

Car Accident Today. Driver At Fault Had No License or Insurance

Sadly, this isn't unique. I got into one of these situations with an illegal decades ago with my mother's car and she ended up paying $1,000 to fix it. The unlicensed illegal payed nothing.

Welcome to the Post-American America, where there's one set of rules and expectations for actual Americans, another set for illegals. If the situations were reversed, not only would Americans be paying for the actual damages, but tacked on damages as well, plus fake physical injuries. And don't forget the extra family members who weren't even present, rolling into court in wheelchairs, festooned in casts and neck braces, looking for their cut of the easy money too.
Wow, you guys must not be able to read. It said he spoke spanish, but it did NOT say that he was illegal. At least not in the in itial OP

Old 12-26-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
As Packard fan said --- the law needs to be changed. That means making first time illegal entry into this country (or overstaying a visa) a felony rather than a misdemeanor. You missed the point entirely.
IMHO that poster has "skin in this game".

Old 12-26-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Even if you succeeded in electing Hillary Clinton, you would have difficulty pushing your liberal progressive big-government laws. As the other poster indicated, if you want local police arresting people without proper documentation, you need to push that agenda with your local municipality. Tell them that you're willing to pay additional taxes to jail these people.

The Constitution of the United States does not empower federal government to criminalize being undocumented. And while your liberal views don't agree with the Constitution, it doesn't change the fact that it exists.
I'm a Trump, NOT a Hillary fan.

Too; nailing illegal aliens AND their helpers ain't exactly a "lib" thing, sorry.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:26 PM

31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Our immigration laws dictate that when found illegal aliens must be deported. If it were against the Constitution to do so then that penalty wouldn't exist. It doesn't matter what kind of an offense it is called either because that's the bottom line. It is mostly liberals who don't want illegals deported not conservatives.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:44 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,181,106 times
I have uninsured motorist coverage. It's cheap compared with having to pay for damages caused by those who are diving without insurance. Illegal or not... There are a lot of people driving around without coverage.

Last edited by Sydney123; 12-26-2015 at 01:53 PM..

Old 01-17-2016, 11:19 PM

807 posts, read 429,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO that poster has "skin in this game".
As an American I have skin in the game. As a descendant of a signatory of the Declaration of Independence, I have skin in the game. As a vet that has been deployed multiple times, I have skin in this game. As a constitutional lawyer, I have skin in the game.

I can tell that you don't have enough (or any) skin in the game to defend America and its Constitution. Lucky for America, others do.

Last edited by TexasLawyer2000; 01-17-2016 at 11:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or