Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:48 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times

Advertisements

From the Los Angeles Forum:

Car Accident Today. Driver At Fault Had No License or Insurance

Sadly, this isn't unique. I got into one of these situations with an illegal decades ago with my mother's car and she ended up paying $1,000 to fix it. The unlicensed illegal payed nothing.

Welcome to the Post-American America, where there's one set of rules and expectations for actual Americans, another set for illegals. If the situations were reversed, not only would Americans be paying for the actual damages, but tacked on damages as well, plus fake physical injuries. And don't forget the extra family members who weren't even present, rolling into court in wheelchairs, festooned in casts and neck braces, looking for their cut of the easy money too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 01:46 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Stories like this^make me angry. Illegals should NOT get off so easily. Their vehicles need to be impounded and they need to be jailed, then turned over to ICE. Despicably, that doesn't happen but I hold onto hope that one day things will change for the better.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
A lot of these "accidents" are arranged in advance.

The car in front of you and the car behind you have drivers that know each other.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:25 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Stories like this^make me angry. Illegals should NOT get off so easily. Their vehicles need to be impounded and they need to be jailed, then turned over to ICE. Despicably, that doesn't happen but I hold onto hope that one day things will change for the better.
Most states do not jail people for traffic violations (with the exception of DUI). Many jurisdictions will not impound a car if it is properly registered (as was the case here). The officer shouldn't let him drive without a license, however.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:02 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Most states do not jail people for traffic violations (with the exception of DUI). Many jurisdictions will not impound a car if it is properly registered (as was the case here). The officer shouldn't let him drive without a license, however.
The law NEEDS to be changed when talking about ILLEGAL aliens; this dude should've been cuffed and stuffed with NO bond.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:24 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I don't think this person would be jailed for the traffic violation but for the violation of the immigration law of the US. I know that anyone that has broken a law that gets stopped for traffic violations goes downtown to the police station and in the case of breaking immigration law, that person should be detained and deported. I know they use minor traffic stops to trap US citizens who have or are breaking the law. You get stopped. They run your information..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The law NEEDS to be changed when talking about ILLEGAL aliens; this dude should've been cuffed and stuffed with NO bond.
Yes, it does. They get preferential treatment. I have seen it in the paper that during a "routine" traffic stop, US citizens having broken the law were apprehended.

Here, I notice in the newspaper that we have a lot of "hit and runs". Makes you extra cautious. Between that and their pit bulls running loose, it isn't safe to be out. If you hear a car and you are on foot, take cover!!!

Sadly, if you live in an area where there are a lot of illegals, the premiums on your auto insurance will reflect their presence.

We got to get these people out of our country!

Old 12-22-2015, 03:06 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
There's been a lot of talk about wages rising once we get rid of the millions of illegals that are undercutting them. But this is a forgotten benefit--car insurance rates in illegal-heavy areas will drop!

Old 12-22-2015, 06:07 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
We all know how high premiums are. Check out what CA did, it must be nice to get "preferred" rates while breaking US immigration laws: Calif. to offer low-cost insurance to new immigrant drivers | 89.3 KPCC We all know who picks up the tab for that. Think of the citizens that have to pay the full amount plus the extra to coverage these illegals.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:16 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We all know how high premiums are. Check out what CA did, it must be nice to get "preferred" rates while breaking US immigration laws: Calif. to offer low-cost insurance to new immigrant drivers | 89.3 KPCC We all know who picks up the tab for that. Think of the citizens that have to pay the full amount plus the extra to coverage these illegals.
Yes, I'm aware of this ridiculous program forcing citizens to subsidize illegals' unearned right to drive on our streets. Why stop there? Maybe CA should force us to buy them cars too.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:58 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,236 times
I did not know illegals are offered vehicle insurance in California at low cost. Ruined my day. What the heck is wrong with this state? Jerry invites the illegals in, gives them health insurance, drivers licenses, and now low-cost insurance "hoping" they will buy it. It is against the law to drive without insurance in California. An insurance broker friend of mine said many illegals pay for one month of insurance to show they are insured, then drop the policy.

I pay close to $1,000 a year with a perfect driving record and am barely scraping by on early SS until I find a job. I really resent the favoritism.

Jerry must be going down the road of senility as shown by his erratic behavior. I wonder what the next illegal alien entitlement will be in California. No wonder Trump's popularity has soared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration