Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:34 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times

Advertisements

Ahem, excuse me. OldGlory is one of the most knowledgable and intelligent members here. If I could only rep OldGlory for right-on responses and ones that make me think and sometimes challenge my opinions.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:42 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,606,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your response is standard CD idiocy. The posts of those who can't fill CD.

No one is waiting to get their job back. The illegals have had them for over a life time. And even if you have them ready...where are they? You lose 2 or 3 million people in California. You really think there are 2 or 3 million Californians ready to jump in to those positions? Really - Actually your writings do indicate that understanding is not high on your list of qualities. Maybe you are nice to dumb animals?
Wrong. Americans, who have always done these jobs and who have been trying to hold onto these jobs all along, are being pushed out. Please read this thorough, investigative report in its entirety. It is from a liberally slanted, millenial-targeted website. http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarri...red#.ohEdnyk76

And to further answering the OP's question, the cost of living would go down. With millions of illegals leaving, so many housing units would become empty, forcing landlords to lower the price. Poverty-stricken, crime-ridden neighborhoods full of illegals would return to working and middle class status.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:17 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:

No one is waiting to get their job back. The illegals have had them for over a life time. And even if you have them ready...where are they? You lose 2 or 3 million people in California. You really think there are 2 or 3 million Californians ready to jump in to those positions? Really - Actually your writings do indicate that understanding is not high on your list of qualities. Maybe you are nice to dumb animals?
Sorry, I DON'T believe the US will be worse off if ALL illegal aliens left. Too; it's a PROVEN fact that illegal aliens DO push DOWN wages.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:21 AM

62,895 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Ahem, excuse me. OldGlory is one of the most knowledgable and intelligent members here. If I could only rep OldGlory for right-on responses and ones that make me think and sometimes challenge my opinions.

Well, thank you, Annie!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 AM

25,950 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:

You either couldn't understand the article I linked to or didn't bother to look at it. Go ahead and dwell in the house of "ignorance is bliss" if you must.

California would be so blessed by the illegals leaving. As I suspected: The Impact Of Illegal Immigration On California’s Drought Emergency – Downtrend and The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on California Taxpayers (2014)

Dreamers dream on. Illegal immigration is a plague to the US and it must and will end.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:44 AM

62,895 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:

Idiocy? Spouting the facts and using common sense is not idiocy. Ignoring them is, however. There were very few illegals working construction and landscaping a couple of decades ago for example. It was mostly Americans doing those jobs. Then illegals started to flood our borders and as their numbers increased there were far more illegals on those jobs than Americans. Americans lost those jobs to them because they worked cheaper. I am so sorry that you are denial of the truth. Your last two sentences were insulting and completely unwarranted.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:30 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,395 times
I believe many jobs would open up and wages would increase pretty rapidly. Some industries would be affected. Some businesses would shut down. Construction would be hard hit. Houses would cost more as would remodels but at the end things would work out.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Idiocy? Spouting the facts and using common sense is not idiocy. Ignoring them is, however. There were very few illegals working construction and landscaping a couple of decades ago for example. It was mostly Americans doing those jobs. Then illegals started to flood our borders and as their numbers increased there were far more illegals on those jobs than Americans. Americans lost those jobs to them because they worked cheaper. I am so sorry that you are denial of the truth. Your last two sentences were insulting and completely unwarranted.
The western residential construction industry is now virtually completely Hispanic. That begun at least 50 years ago. You really think there are a whole lot of Spanish speaking white guys ready to jump in when the illegals are deported? The vast majority of those workers are Hispanic and legal.

Any change that removes millions of consumers is going to badly impact the economy for some years.

So basically if you can do an impossible task you will succeed in bombing the econony.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You either couldn't understand the article I linked to or didn't bother to look at it. Go ahead and dwell in the house of "ignorance is bliss" if you must.

California would be so blessed by the illegals leaving. As I suspected: The Impact Of Illegal Immigration On California’s Drought Emergency – Downtrend and The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on California Taxpayers (2014)

Dreamers dream on. Illegal immigration is a plague to the US and it must and will end.
Did you actually read the article from Buzzfeed? It actually does not belong in this forum as it deals entirely with legal aliens.

Water in California is basically dominated by agricultural use...a major employer of illegal aliens. The children of illegals are full fledged US citizens with all rights of such. This poor publication obviously does not understand even basic US laws. Why on earth would anyone quote their racist tinged article?

Old 12-27-2015, 01:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
The western residential construction industry is now virtually completely Hispanic. That begun at least 50 years ago. You really think there are a whole lot of Spanish speaking white guys ready to jump in when the illegals are deported? The vast majority of those workers are Hispanic and legal.

Any change that removes millions of consumers is going to badly impact the economy for some years.

So basically if you can do an impossible task you will succeed in bombing the econony.
Def time to test your opinion here. So things MIGHT be tight for a year or 2; we'll get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration