U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2015, 12:21 AM
 
2,009 posts, read 2,229,454 times
Reputation: 1361

Advertisements

Not sure if anyone posted this here yet. Just saw this in Washington Post. Hope this is a sign of things to come in the future. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...aae_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2015, 02:08 AM
 
11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9864
There is a thread about this:

US Plans Raids to Deport Families Who Surged Across The Border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 02:41 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,856 posts, read 10,312,965 times
Reputation: 9267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I don't believe it for a second. No matter how you google it the same dubious Washington Post ad comes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141
This doesn't look the same: U.S. Plan to Deport Central American Families Is Widely Criticized - WSJ

It is become SO bad that something has to be done. It is an invasion and if it were in any country but the US, the US would send troops in order to stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,407 posts, read 9,086,867 times
Reputation: 28951
Lol, baloney. More bluster from feckless Obama, which will be used by Hillary to demonstrate that her party is "addressing" the problem. What a joke.

Illegal aliens here are simply undocumented Democrats to the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
9,796 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Reputation: 17909
I remember when they did do raids, rounded up the illegals and fined the business that was employing them.

We really need to get a handle on this problem but why are we only chasing a handful when we should be building that wall at the border so no more get in?
It is much like continually bailing out a sinking boat and ignoring the hole where all the water is coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:48 PM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I remember when they did do raids, rounded up the illegals and fined the business that was employing them.

We really need to get a handle on this problem but why are we only chasing a handful when we should be building that wall at the border so no more get in?
It is much like continually bailing out a sinking boat and ignoring the hole where all the water is coming in.

I agree. The naysayers don't want the wall though claiming it won't stop illegal immigration. Of course it won't stop it completely but it will deter many of them. The wall was already approved by congress but never funded. It was a double layered wall to be built along 700 miles the most porous areas of our southern border. The Border Patrol could take care of the rest. The naysayers also claim it would be too expensive to build while they fail to realize or admit how many billions a year illegal immigration costs us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 05:43 PM
 
19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times
Reputation: 8386
Congress is like a cheating spouse - won't divorce - wont pack up and leave- won't fix the problem, makes a lot of promises never plans to keep - and demands loyalty. If it is not fixed after all these years / they have no plans to do so. And one president by himself, cannot Trump or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,123,070 times
Reputation: 6744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree. The naysayers don't want the wall though claiming it won't stop illegal immigration. Of course it won't stop it completely but it will deter many of them. The wall was already approved by congress but never funded. It was a double layered wall to be built along 700 miles the most porous areas of our southern border. The Border Patrol could take care of the rest. The naysayers also claim it would be too expensive to build while they fail to realize or admit how many billions a year illegal immigration costs us.
I believe they have come up with a NEW PLAN......they won't have to call the illegal immigrants, these people are now refugees, being run out of their own country.


Social media helps drive historic Cuban exodus to U.S. | The Seattle Times
Cuban migrants start with an advantage: Many countries along the route grant Cubans free passage because their government does not respond to most requests for information about illegal migrants that would allow them to be deported.
And many Cubans who run out of money along the way have access to hundreds or thousands of dollars in backup funds sent by relatives who belong to one of the United States’ most prosperous immigrant groups. Once they reach the U.S. border, they can just show up at an established U.S. port of entry and declare their nationality, avoiding the dangerous desert crossings that confront many migrants who try to avoid U.S. Border Patrol. Federal data show 45,000 Cubans appeared at U.S. land border points in the 12 months ending Sept. 20, and at least as many are expected in the coming year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2015, 04:55 PM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8352
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I believe they have come up with a NEW PLAN......they won't have to call the illegal immigrants, these people are now refugees, being run out of their own country.


Social media helps drive historic Cuban exodus to U.S. | The Seattle Times
Cuban migrants start with an advantage: Many countries along the route grant Cubans free passage because their government does not respond to most requests for information about illegal migrants that would allow them to be deported.
And many Cubans who run out of money along the way have access to hundreds or thousands of dollars in backup funds sent by relatives who belong to one of the United States’ most prosperous immigrant groups. Once they reach the U.S. border, they can just show up at an established U.S. port of entry and declare their nationality, avoiding the dangerous desert crossings that confront many migrants who try to avoid U.S. Border Patrol. Federal data show 45,000 Cubans appeared at U.S. land border points in the 12 months ending Sept. 20, and at least as many are expected in the coming year.

"Wet foot, dry foot" for Cubans needs to end like..... yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top