Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:05 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

Rubio: 'I Think the American People Are Going to Be Reasonable' on 11M Illegal Aliens

So, Rubio wants to give them all amnesty. No surprise that coming from him. Another good reason to not want him to be president.

From the article:

(CNSNews.com) - Asked at Tuesday night's debate if he still supports a path to citizenship for illegal aliens, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said yes -- but not in so many words.

Rubio said the first step is to secure the border; the second step is to "reform and modernize the legal immigration system."

"And after we have done those two things, I think the American people are going to be reasonable with what do you do with someone who has been in this country for 10 or 12 years who hasn't otherwise violated our laws -- because if they're a criminal they can't stay.

-----------------------------------------
Ummm, no, Rubio. Letting illegals stay is NOT being reasonable. Being reasonable is not granting amnesty in any way, shape or form. Being reasonable is making life so tough for illegals that they will leave on their own.

Besides, illegals have to violate other laws in order to live here, such as ID theft and tax evasion.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:44 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Rubio: 'I Think the American People Are Going to Be Reasonable' on 11M Illegal Aliens

So, Rubio wants to give them all amnesty. No surprise that coming from him. Another good reason to not want him to be president.

From the article:

(CNSNews.com) - Asked at Tuesday night's debate if he still supports a path to citizenship for illegal aliens, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said yes -- but not in so many words.

Rubio said the first step is to secure the border; the second step is to "reform and modernize the legal immigration system."

"And after we have done those two things, I think the American people are going to be reasonable with what do you do with someone who has been in this country for 10 or 12 years who hasn't otherwise violated our laws -- because if they're a criminal they can't stay.

Ummm, no, Rubio. Letting illegals stay is NOT being reasonable. Being reasonable is not granting amnesty in any way, shape or form. Being reasonable is making life so tough for illegals that they will leave on their own.

Besides, illegals have to violate other laws in order to live here, such as ID theft and tax evasion.

Exactly! It wouldn't be reasonable for the American people to allow illegals to remain here. it would be to their disadvantage and makes a mockery out of our immigration laws. And you're right, violating our immigration laws is only the first law that they are guilty of breaking. That's criminal so I guess that ends this discussion, right Rubio?

Old 12-18-2015, 03:40 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Lol!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again. RUBIO is a traitor and he is finished.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Mr Rubio: being "reasonable" when talking about illegal aliens is just deporting any of their kind found. Being "mean spirited" would be doing what the Dominican Republic's doing to people who are there legally and now yanking citizenship as far back as 1929, that's going way too far IMHO and I'm NO fan of illegals. Period.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:19 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
There is only one reasonable way to deal with people that break our laws and in all other cases, that is what we do. We administer justice per the law. Rubio can tag along with his protected class of illegals as they go marching home! He can go to their home countries and try to make the changes there since that is where the changes need to take place.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:49 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,112 times
While Rubio is right about some things, his stance on amnesty and illegal immigration is what's preventing me and a lot of other people from voting for him.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:02 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

From the article:

RUBIO YOU'RE FULL OF

Old 12-18-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
While Rubio is right about some things, his stance on amnesty and illegal immigration is what's preventing me and a lot of other people from voting for him.

That's why I'd never vote for him either. I seriously doubt he will even gain the GOP nomination anyway. Any candidate that advocates for illegal aliens to remain here doesn't give a damn about the American worker. That proves to me that they aren't working for the American people but foreign and corporate interests and other special interest groups just for votes.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:57 AM

589 posts, read 299,875 times
Rubio is and always will be pro amnesty. It just go to show that the (D) and (R) is the same coin just on different sides of it.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling Rubio might be either elected for the GOP nomination and/or for President. When election time comes closer, they will adjust the reports to favor him even though Trump will be still be in the lead.

If the election was an honest one where the people ACTUALLY decided, he has no chance whatsoever but just like everything else with misleading government and the illusion that they create, I don't think we have much to say who is going to be the winner. It's all just a show to have a illusion that we have a choice and a voice. Hopefully, I am very wrong and Trump gets in and do what he says he will do. No amnesty, kick all the Illegals out and build that wall.

If an Illegal Alien has entered this country illegally and have been here for 10 to 12 years, that doesn't justify him amnesty just by being here that long. In fact, it should be more punishment for said group since they have been getting away with the crime for THAT long.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Rubio is and always will be pro amnesty. It just go to show that the (D) and (R) is the same coin just on different sides of it.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling Rubio might be either elected for the GOP nomination and/or for President. When election time comes closer, they will adjust the reports to favor him even though Trump will be still be in the lead.

If the election was an honest one where the people ACTUALLY decided, he has no chance whatsoever but just like everything else with misleading government and the illusion that they create, I don't think we have much to say who is going to be the winner. It's all just a show to have a illusion that we have a choice and a voice. Hopefully, I am very wrong and Trump gets in and do what he says he will do. No amnesty, kick all the Illegals out and build that wall.

If an Illegal Alien has entered this country illegally and have been here for 10 to 12 years, that doesn't justify him amnesty just by being here that long. In fact, it should be more punishment for said group since they have been getting away with the crime for THAT long.

If Trump doesn't get the nomination then I think that Cruz will. At least he is a lot less pro-amnesty than Rubio from what I have read. I agree, managing to evade the law for a long time shouldn't get you a pass on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration