Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:26 AM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times

Advertisements

You're right. It's not starvation wages. But when you're paying cash to men who are not paying taxes who have kids that TAX PAYERS are supporting, well, there's a huge problem. It's like we aren't even allowed to discuss this issue for some oddball reason. Some of us tax payers are sick of paying for other peoples bastard crotchfruit while the business owners get rich. It's disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 06:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Of course. Here in NJ they are all illegals working in construction. Plus we have Chris Christie who sends the illegals to college here with in state tuition, reduced cost so in a few more years they will be taking all the white collar jobs away from Americans.. nice country for illegals.. send them to college and give them jobs and Americans get the shaft.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 AM

128 posts, read 93,899 times
Quote:
You're right. It's not starvation wages. But when you're paying cash to men who are not paying taxes who have kids that TAX PAYERS are supporting, well, there's a huge problem. It's like we aren't even allowed to discuss this issue for some oddball reason. Some of us tax payers are sick of paying for other peoples bastard crotchfruit while the business owners get rich. It's disgusting.
I'm not disagreeing with you. However take my case. I asked my son and his group of friends if they would be interested in the construction field. Not one raised their hands.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:34 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowtreatments View Post
Again i'm not endorsing illegal immigration. However if business owners can't find good help. What are they supposed to do...go out of business?
You mean good help for the going price right?

Old 01-03-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
You mean good help for the going price right?
Yes

Old 01-03-2016, 06:40 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Since he can't find good help what would his alternative be?
He could start by paying a decent wage. "I can't find any Americans to work for me" is a cop out for employers not willing to pay fair wages.

Many American complain about hiring illegals but when it comes to paying for manual labor they look the other way.
One grass cutter wants $75 to cut your lawn
The other guy will do it for $50.
Most people will go for the $50 and not care who is doing the work. Congrats you have just hired an illegal.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
He could start by paying a decent wage. "I can't find any Americans to work for me" is a cop out for employers not willing to pay fair wages.
As a business owner i can tell you paying a fair wage is not the problem. Finding a reliable, responsible, no drugs or alcohol problem and is a good worker is a major problem!!!

Old 01-03-2016, 06:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Again i'm not endorsing illegal immigration. However if business owners can't find good help. What are they supposed to do...go out of business?

I have heard this argument over and over again. It is like we would rather hire the illegals than look or train.

I had one job for years where I lifted 120,000 pounds a day off the floors of three boxcars in 100 pound bags. Sometimes the cars were over 100 degrees in the summer. There are not too many workers, both immigrants and other Americans, that would relish doing that kind of work.

I have worked with some great local workers and great foreign workers. Not all Hispanics are great workers and the same can be said of any race.

Today I have an easier job - well I am much older. Now I do train many immigrants. Some are good workers and some are lazy workers - just like our local workers and just like our millennials. There is the chance that some of the immigrants work harder only until they get the job or are accepted (they are originally strangers in our land). As far as I know; all of the immigrants I train today are legal immigrants with the proper documentation. I even had two that became proud American citizens while I was training.

I just do not like anybody putting all of us down only because it suits their needs - it bolsters their agenda. If our companies and government spent as much money and time training our own; I do not think we would have as many problems as we have today.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:52 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
As a business owner i can tell you paying a fair wage is not the problem. Finding a reliable, responsible, no drugs and a good worker is a major problem!!!
I agree that is a problem but hiring people for 1/2 -1/3 normal wages is not good for our economy. We need tax payers not tax receivers.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:55 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Quote:
With all the talk about illegal aliens stealing American jobs is that really an accurate statement. Personally as far as I can tell it has not affected my business whatsoever but every business is different. A business owner that I know employs illegals all the time. According to this one business owner illegals have helped grow his business dramatically. Stated he would love to hire Americans but can't find good help. Today's youths just do not want to get their hand's dirty. Don't get me wrong by no means am I endorsing illegal immigration. However in the end are illegals really having a negative impact on our economy.
Yeah I bet he does not want to pay a living wage. I was a carpenter before getting injured in the 90s and the workforce was a blend of many people. Now in the same area it is all done by an illegal workforce who's pay is the same as I was getting paid in the early 90s. Houses are three times as much as they were then, how can anyone survive unless they live with 20 others to share costs..... My friend is also a union carpenter in NYC and he has told me the work is being taken over by this workforce killing union jobs and the work is not up to pare.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration