U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2016, 05:45 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz’s latest position on undocumented immigrants is so extreme that it makes Donald Trump — who has become infamous for his harsh, xenophobic anti-immigrant remarks on the campaign trail — look tame in comparison.
During a stop in Boone, IA this week, Cruz said that he would support deporting the country’s 11.3 million undocumented immigrants without ever giving them a chance to come back to the country. Trump, meanwhile, has said he would deport all undocumented immigrants but allow the “really good people” to move back to the United States.

Ted Cruz's Plan To Deport Undocumented Immigrants Is Even Worse Than Trump's | ThinkProgress

Good! Now the rest of the candidates for POTUS need to join both Mr Trump AND Mr Cruz to support kicking illegal aliens OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2016, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Lake Oswego, Manhattan, Aspen
3,135 posts, read 3,955,456 times
Reputation: 11035
You say "WORSE". I say "BETTER".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141
Cruz is a flip-flopper. I can't even keep up with him and I'm really trying. I don't trust him. You have to look at what he has said in the past and really analyse it.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...isy/207579From reading this carefully, Cruz seemed to support stopping illegal immigration but allowing the illegals already here to come out of the shadows and no longer be illegal but not allowed citizenship. He is player of words and flip flops like a fish out of water but that is pretty much standard with politicians.

Am I the only one troubled by the "good" ones being able to come back into the US after they are deported as "illegal"? This is one of the reasons that Trump lost my support. Who defines "good"? I don't think anyone that entered the US illegally is "good". Criminals are not "good".

I support Carson on illegal immigration because I think it will satisfy more people and actually bring a quicker means of getting where I want us to be, said from little Mexico here. http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Ben_...mmigration.htm and http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/b...l-immigration/

I will have to admit that I detest Cruz and want his poll numbers to plummet based on the facts that he cannot be trusted.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-06-2016 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 10:40 AM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Cruz is a flip-flopper. I can't even keep up with him and I'm really trying. I don't trust him. You have to look at what he has said in the past and really analyse it.

Media Blast Ted Cruz's "Dishonesty" And "Hypocrisy" Over Previous Immigration Positions | Research | Media Matters for America reading this carefully, Cruz seemed to support stopping illegal immigration but allowing the illegals already here to come out of the shadows and no longer be illegal but not allowed citizenship. He is player of words and flip flops like a fish out of water but that is pretty much standard with politicians.

Am I the only one troubled by the "good" ones being able to come back into the US after they are deported as "illegal"? This is one of the reasons that Trump lost my support. Who defines "good"? I don't think anyone that entered the US illegally is "good". Criminals are not "good".

I support Carson on illegal immigration because I think it will satisfy more people and actually bring a quicker means of getting where I want us to be, said from little Mexico here. Ben Carson on Immigration and Ben Carson Just NAILED IT! Says THIS About Donald Trump and Illegal Immigration - The Political Insider

I will have to admit that I detest Cruz and want his poll numbers to plummet based on the facts that he cannot be trusted.

I was also troubled by Trump's remark to let the so-called good ones come back in. Who are they? How is it good to violate our immigration laws and then to steal an American's ID to work or get paid cash and evading taxes? They have all lived a life of cheating, lies and selfishness.


From what I understand though Carson is also an amnesty fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 12:02 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Reputation: 26656
Cruz is a flip-flopper and cannot be trusted on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141
This is what Carson has said: Carson on Immigration: and it is less scary to me than letting the "good" ones back in. I get updates from the Carson campaign and there is a lot more info that I get that doesn't appear elsewhere. I also get from the Trump campaign. I guess it would be good to sign up with all the top contenders, except Hillary of course, and be privy to the little extras that are emailed out.

Sadly, what I see is that the "good" ones will be those that the wealthy people want back in, the ones that have hired illegals to care for their lawns, kids and do their housekeeping or bigger businesses. I also totally oppose "paying a fine" because again, those associated with wealthier families/businesses will have someone to pay their fines and the other "good" people will be left behind.

You should not be able to "buy" your way back in by paying fines since that is not and should not be an option.

Anyone else notice that Cruz has "borrowed" the wall and his immigration stand from Trump? My guess is "YES!" Oh, gosh, I was just looking for caucus info on my state and saw this in the sidebar: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-mexico-217372

Cruz wanted to make them legal but not allow citizenship: http://www.politifact.com/florida/ar...marco-rubio-a/

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-06-2016 at 05:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2016, 08:50 AM
 
Location: P.C.F
1,973 posts, read 1,516,733 times
Reputation: 1602
Sounds like you just described HALF of South West Florida ! Toss in a few Gun battles over road rage and I KNOW You were describing SWF


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
work or get paid cash and evading taxes? They have all lived a life of cheating, lies and selfishness.





Hummm Ted Cruz.....and in every election I can remember, someone was saying because, so and so's dad did such and such...Well Teddy's daddy Fought WITH CASTRO... Killed Cuban Civilians took all their rights away, from everyone but the elite ..... hummm add in about half who vote GOP feel they cannot even trust him on the small issues???? hummmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2016, 09:07 AM
 
Location: P.C.F
1,973 posts, read 1,516,733 times
Reputation: 1602
Your Solution Doesn't Work simple math proves it! If it cost HALF what GW Bush said it cost to deport 1 illegal ( $2500) multiply that by no less than 11,000,000.. ??? Am I One of the FEW WHO IS SMART ENOUGH TO SUPPORT laws presently on the books that fine or jail employers for hiring illegals?? We could hire 10,000 People to enforce those laws and still not cost tax payers a dime... It would in fact be a money maker!!Then we use those same people to Crack Down on the Welfare ADC and SSDI and PTSD cheaters and we are running as a NATION in The Black in 2 years.. In 3 Years if you elect me POTUS I will reduce all your Taxes ...Federal State and Realty Taxes by 50% IF ONLY Because I wont be able to find room to store all the money we are no longer spending!!!Screw Congress! Screw Big Dollar Lobbyist....Screw The Special Interest Groups ..
OR Force One Of These Morons to do as was suggested.. and then low and behold actually work for all the people like they promise they will..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Good! Now the rest of the candidates for POTUS need to join both Mr Trump AND Mr Cruz to support kicking illegal aliens OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2016, 09:21 AM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Your Solution Doesn't Work simple math proves it! If it cost HALF what GW Bush said it cost to deport 1 illegal ( $2500) multiply that by no less than 11,000,000.. ??? Am I One of the FEW WHO IS SMART ENOUGH TO SUPPORT laws presently on the books that fine or jail employers for hiring illegals?? We could hire 10,000 People to enforce those laws and still not cost tax payers a dime... It would in fact be a money maker!!Then we use those same people to Crack Down on the Welfare ADC and SSDI and PTSD cheaters and we are running as a NATION in The Black in 2 years.. In 3 Years if you elect me POTUS I will reduce all your Taxes ...Federal State and Realty Taxes by 50% IF ONLY Because I wont be able to find room to store all the money we are no longer spending!!!Screw Congress! Screw Big Dollar Lobbyist....Screw The Special Interest Groups ..
OR Force One Of These Morons to do as was suggested.. and then low and behold actually work for all the people like they promise they will..
One of the few? Um no, just about everyone is this forum has mentioned removing all of the incentives for them to remain here and that includes the job incentive. We have all mentioned advocating for e-verify also. Did you miss those posts? We are also for denying them any benefits and ending birthright citizenship for their kids. Are you up for those things also? Many if not most would self-deport with no means to support themselves.


As for the cheating, welfare fraud Americans that's a separate unrelated issue. I don't know of anyone in here that isn't for clamping down on them also but this is the illegal immigration forum so it's not the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2016, 09:24 AM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Sounds like you just described HALF of South West Florida ! Toss in a few Gun battles over road rage and I KNOW You were describing SWF









Hummm Ted Cruz.....and in every election I can remember, someone was saying because, so and so's dad did such and such...Well Teddy's daddy Fought WITH CASTRO... Killed Cuban Civilians took all their rights away, from everyone but the elite ..... hummm add in about half who vote GOP feel they cannot even trust him on the small issues???? hummmmm

As I said, this is the illegal immigration forum. It's not meant to discuss "unrelated" things about our own citizens or our politicians. You might want to discuss the above in the Election's forum. Ted Cruz's dad has nothing to do with illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top