U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times

Advertisements

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) didn't back off his hard-line approach to illegal immigration on Wednesday when he was confronted by a woman who suggested she entered the US illegally as a teen.
The Republican presidential candidate maintained that even children who entered the US illegally would have to suffer the consequences of their parents' actions.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/democr...203842877.html

Oh well. God know IF I tried to do that exact same thing in Mexico or Ireland; I'd get my butt handed to be real fast even tho I'm of Irish family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 07:50 PM

11,535 posts, read 5,523,897 times
I give Cruz credit for saying what he did. I'll give him that.

Just because she is still here due to Obama dictating DACA, that doesn't mean she is no longer an illegal alien. She's just another DREAMer with no moral compass who thinks she's entitled to stay in this country.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:54 PM

4,535 posts, read 1,947,599 times
This reminds me of Rep. Steve King from Iowa being confronted by a DREAMer activist Erika Andiola. Rand Paul was there and quickly skedaddled. I think he let his food still on his plate! She offered her DACA card for him to tear up. She thought she could shame him into submission but boy did it backfire! It's a shame that people have used their childrens as pawns, but we can't reward this kind of behavior.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
This reminds me of Rep. Steve King from Iowa being confronted by a DREAMer activist Erika Andiola. Rand Paul was there and quickly skedaddled. I think he let his food still on his plate! She offered her DACA card for him to tear up. She thought she could shame him into submission but boy did it backfire! It's a shame that people have used their childrens as pawns, but we can't reward this kind of behavior.
Andiola should've felt handcuffs on her wrists in front of the cameras. LOL!

Old 01-08-2016, 06:08 AM

31,650 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:

The pro-illegals try to shame us into submission also. They claim that wanting these Dreamers deported is making them pay for their parent's law breaking. No, allowing their kids to remain here is rewarding the parent's for violating our immigration laws. Then the parents of these kids demand to stay here also so there is no separation of families. So the whole family gets rewarded. When adults/parents break the law their kids are always going to suffer and it is true of American law breakers also but it's the price you pay for breaking the law. The whole family here illegally needs to go back to their homelands together at least it keeps the family intact.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The pro-illegals try to shame us into submission also. They claim that wanting these Dreamers deported is making them pay for their parent's law breaking. No, allowing their kids to remain here is rewarding the parent's for violating our immigration laws. Then the parents of these kids demand to stay here also so there is no separation of families. So the whole family gets rewarded. When adults/parents break the law their kids are always going to suffer and it is true of American law breakers also but it's the price you pay for breaking the law. The whole family here illegally needs to go back to their homelands together at least it keeps the family intact.
1 word: "scammers".

Old 01-08-2016, 12:50 PM

4,535 posts, read 1,947,599 times
The kids are used s an excuse for EVERY indiscretion. Don't deport me because I have children born here. Let me work or my children will starve. Give me welfare or my children will starve. Let my kids go to public school or they'll resort to crime with no skills or education. Give me a driver's license so I can drive to work to feed my kids. Let my kids get in-state tuition because we can't afford out-of-state, and without a college degree they will become criminals or starve. Give me Obamacare or my kids will get sick and die. Ad nauseum...

Old 01-08-2016, 02:03 PM

11,535 posts, read 5,523,897 times
Quote:
The kids are used s an excuse for EVERY indiscretion. Don't deport me because I have children born here. Let me work or my children will starve. Give me welfare or my children will starve. Let my kids go to public school or they'll resort to crime with no skills or education. Give me a driver's license so I can drive to work to feed my kids. Let my kids get in-state tuition because we can't afford out-of-state, and without a college degree they will become criminals or starve. Give me Obamacare or my kids will get sick and die. Ad nauseum...
Very well said!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:55 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
And, they get it or file a lawsuit. It is especially hard when you have an adult child with developmental disabilities who can't get needed services because they are making cuts to those programs. Here in KS, they roll out the red carpet for the illegals taking funding from the developmentally disables, physically disabled, mentally ill and elderly. In AZ when my son was in school, "Well, you have to understand that English as a Second Language is part of Special Education here and we can't afford to give your child (citizen) the speech therapy that he needs." My child had no language.

I do not trust Creepy Cruz. I hope he goes down in the Iowa caucus for playing people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or