U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Then you must be able to cite some so called news websites that show that....
All I can tell you is what I heard on the local news...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 02:24 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,188,932 times
Money is being held up by liberal freaks who believe we do not have the right to protect our borders.
Until the fence is built, we need army tanks on the border to control the flow of illegals coming across.
So some of you are now whining because the fence isnt built but yet you dont want it built.
Useless thought.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:17 PM

407 posts, read 715,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Money is being held up by liberal freaks who believe we do not have the right to protect our borders.
Until the fence is built, we need army tanks on the border to control the flow of illegals coming across.
So some of you are now whining because the fence isnt built but yet you dont want it built.
Useless thought.
Pro-illegal people have no idea how to answer since they are told what to answer. They do not think for themselves at all.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:42 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,168,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Useless thought.
Is this supposed to scare them off? Or are you saying we kill them? This will **** off the entire world.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:49 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,877,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't care what it does--I think it's a terrible, reprehensible idea.
Oh, so you want our borders to remain open so the drug dealers and cartels of Mexico can keep killing our children with drugs, we've waited for 30 years if not more to stop this evil. All 4 drugs come only from Mexico now: Methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin and marijuana. Countries that have now stopped drugs have protected their citizens.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I'm arguing against building a fence. That's the only thing I'm being clear on in this thread, and that's for a good reason--I have been on the fence (excuse the awful pun) on the issue of illegal immigration for a long time.
48,000+ Americans murdered by illegals since end of 2001. Just wait till the what may be quiet illegals you have now turn into what we have in L.A., in your face violent ones, just wait till you are way too crowded in your state, till 80 hospitals are closed, till the amount of wages you make is only half of what your rent or mortgage costs per mo. Just wait and see LA turn into what seems like Mexico in every way with most of the Americans having fled.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
It is?

That's funny, if the fence was being built there'd probably be some news coverage, but there isn't.

And why would that be?

There isn't any fence construction going on in Texas, it's tied up in the courts. it's not being built.

Some people are 'promising' a fence, ....but there's no new fence in Texas.

There's only been 12 miles of new fence built. (none of that in Texas)

That's not a very promising barrier on a 1900 mile long border.

you need to go to first post and look a Chertof videos, two of them about the fence in Texas.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,080,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Is this supposed to scare them off?
Yes.
Quote:
Or are you saying we kill them?
No, but in my state, I'm allowed to use deadly force against an invader into my home. Perfectly legal. Why should the border be any different?
Quote:
This will **** off the entire world.
Boo-hoo.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:26 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,168,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes.

No, but in my state, I'm allowed to use deadly force against an invader into my home. Perfectly legal. Why should the border be any different?

Boo-hoo.
Considering our reputation throughout the world, I'd think twice.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,080,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Considering our reputation throughout the world, I'd think twice.
We have a right to control our border. I highly doubt that any nation on earth would disagree with that. And, quite frankly, I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration