Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
It's treason, plain and simple.
I have asked my congress people about why Obama has not been charged with treason. I got "song and dance" from them and they are Republicans. They also will not answer my email if I mention "illegals".

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
Article states that the father is feeling "energized" to get more politically involved since his child is being denied a birth certificate. This burns me to no end! Why in the pluperfect heck wasn't he this energized to fight for change in his own country? Instead he crashes in here illegally and pitches a hissy. Take that "energy" back home and fight for change THERE.
If he goes home and takes the kids, who is going to support the kids? They were counting on us to do that. I can't even stand to go to the store the first 10 days of the month because they are all at the stores with their VISION cards and WIC coupons and 5 stair step kids. Then, they go load everything into their newer crew cab pickup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 07:15 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
An issue that started in 2015 and will continue into this new year promises to be a flashpoint for many undocumented families in Texas.

Marco Malagón was a proud new father when he went to the Dallas County clerk’s office three months ago to get his baby’s birth certificate.

His joy quickly turned to frustration.

“They asked for a visa, and I don’t have one,” he said.

Birth certificate rule change frustrates | Dallas Morning News

Malagon: IF you're an illegal alien; just LEAVE, Ok? We DON'T owe your despicable kind a thing except 3 hots and a cot till you're deported. Period.
Child was born in the US, period. A child shouldn't be punished for the actions of their parents. I expect this law to be challenged and then struck down at some point

Old 01-20-2016, 08:47 AM

324 posts, read 270,982 times
But the illegal actions of the parent the child caused a birth here and not his LEGAL home, where the parents true allegiance is.

If you read the ruling that keeps getting pulled out about the Japanese? parents that originally fought for a US birth certificate for their child. The parents where here on a LEGAL, UNEXPIRED visa which at the time was a grey area.

These illegals that are fighting for birth certificates do NOT fall under the above ruling, since they often don't have a UNEXPIRED visa or even a visa in the first place since they crossed in illegally. The parents nor child should be here. Period.

Is it mean? NO. Since there are plenty of immigrants waiting LEGALLY to gain admittance for a better life, that have gone thru ALL of the medical, background and means testing. Why should we as a country screw the people doing it properly because some one that failed to follow the laws of our land felt a need TO TRY to drop an anchor (baby). Sorry but the illegal parent and children need to go.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Unicorn View Post
But the illegal actions of the parent the child caused a birth here and not his LEGAL home, where the parents true allegiance is.

If you read the ruling that keeps getting pulled out about the Japanese? parents that originally fought for a US birth certificate for their child. The parents where here on a LEGAL, UNEXPIRED visa which at the time was a grey area.

These illegals that are fighting for birth certificates do NOT fall under the above ruling, since they often don't have a UNEXPIRED visa or even a visa in the first place since they crossed in illegally. The parents nor child should be here. Period.

Is it mean? NO. Since there are plenty of immigrants waiting LEGALLY to gain admittance for a better life, that have gone thru ALL of the medical, background and means testing. Why should we as a country screw the people doing it properly because some one that failed to follow the laws of our land felt a need TO TRY to drop an anchor (baby). Sorry but the illegal parent and children need to go.
Sorry but as current case law stands, the US is the child's LEGAL home, no matter what you may think. Give the child their birth certificate that they have a right to.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 01-20-2016 at 10:15 AM..

Old 01-20-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Child was born in the US, period. A child shouldn't be punished for the actions of their parents. I expect this law to be challenged and then struck down at some point
You do realize that children of US citizens that commit crimes often end up separated from their children. The children end up without parents often languishing in foster care home after foster care home. Should we open our prisons and let the parents go home to their children since it isn't the children's fault? Nope. A lot of kids have parents that are losers and don't take the kids into consideration.

Quote:
Sorry but as current case law stands, the US is the child's LEGAL home, no matter what you may think. Give the child their birth certificate that they have a right to.
There are rules for getting the birth certificates but, of course, if the parents followed the rules they wouldn't be here.

The legal status of the parents should be verified and deportation actions started on them. This would be a great way to start getting these people moved back to their home countries with what they thought were anchors. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ation-defense/

I wonder if they were even born in the US or if they came in illegally with the parents in the first place.

This is just another one of those things that will help us really get deportations rolling without any additional costs.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Uh; laws CAN be changed. Look at the Dominican Republic and how they treat THEIR illegal aliens. Tho to be fair; I DO have a problem yanking birthright for people 18 years old or older.

If the US born kids of foreign diplomats DON'T get birthright: why should the US born kid of ILLEGAL aliens get it?

Old 01-20-2016, 04:06 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
It's not punishing the kids for the action of their parents. How is it punishment to be deemed a citizen of their parent's homeland? Oh, the horror. Just being born here does not denote birthright citizenship as was discussed when the 14th Amendment was written. There is a qualifier clause and it is "and" subject to the jurisdiction. Neither the illegal parents nor their offspring are subject to our jurisdiction. They are only subject to obeying our laws.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:51 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,491,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I wonder how they even prove the baby/child was born in the US? I still think they should call immigration to make a pickup.
How? Because the child was born in a Dallas hospital. They have the records, you know? They don't just deliver children willy nilly with no hospital and state records.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
How? Because the child was born in a Dallas hospital. They have the records, you know? They don't just deliver children willy nilly with no hospital and state records.
This is what I don't understand. Does the birth certificate actually exist or are they applying for one. I filled out paperwork in the hospital and received the birth certificate for my child in the mail. I didn't have to go and pickup a copy.

And, the illegals are not following the rules. They only want the birth certificate so they can suck off the public assistance teat. If they hold out, the illegals can be detained and deported when we start enforcing immigration law again.

The parents should be taken into custody. That is the bottom line.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; laws CAN be changed. Look at the Dominican Republic and how they treat THEIR illegal aliens. Tho to be fair; I DO have a problem yanking birthright for people 18 years old or older.

If the US born kids of foreign diplomats DON'T get birthright: why should the US born kid of ILLEGAL aliens get it?
Look around you. This is the USA, not the Caribbean. Also, don't argue with me, take it up with the SCOTUS who allow that foreign diplomants are exempt from the 14th, but not ordinary people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You do realize that children of US citizens that commit crimes often end up separated from their children. The children end up without parents often languishing in foster care home after foster care home. Should we open our prisons and let the parents go home to their children since it isn't the children's fault? Nope. A lot of kids have parents that are losers and don't take the kids into consideration.

There are rules for getting the birth certificates but, of course, if the parents followed the rules they wouldn't be here.

The legal status of the parents should be verified and deportation actions started on them. This would be a great way to start getting these people moved back to their home countries with what they thought were anchors. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ation-defense/

I wonder if they were even born in the US or if they came in illegally with the parents in the first place.

This is just another one of those things that will help us really get deportations rolling without any additional costs.
But, since this is in the context of illegal immigration and not US citizens breaking the law and breaking their families up, it's a false equivalency.

But, their parents didn't follow the rules. And, as it stands, every non-diplomat's child born here IS a US citizen whether you like it or not. That's just how it is. Arguing the semantics is pointless on this forum. Give the children the birth certificates they have a RIGHT to. End of story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration