U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 02:15 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Look around you. This is the USA, not the Caribbean. Also, don't argue with me, take it up with the SCOTUS who allow that foreign diplomants are exempt from the 14th, but not ordinary people.

But, since this is in the context of illegal immigration and not US citizens breaking the law and breaking their families up, it's a false equivalency.

But, their parents didn't follow the rules. And, as it stands, every non-diplomat's child born here IS a US citizen whether you like it or not. That's just how it is. Arguing the semantics is pointless on this forum. Give the children the birth certificates they have a RIGHT to. End of story
As a Dallas County taxpayer, I'm glad that these illegals have a few more hoops to jump through to get to their spot at the government teat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 03:48 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,899,090 times
Let illegals be frustrated. I am so sick of the entitlement mentality. Everyday we see headlines of illegals complaining about its not fair for them. GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY...

Old 01-21-2016, 05:56 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
As a Dallas County taxpayer, I'm glad that these illegals have a few more hoops to jump through to get to their spot at the government teat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Let illegals be frustrated. I am so sick of the entitlement mentality. Everyday we see headlines of illegals complaining about its not fair for them. GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY...
Agreed.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:49 AM

729 posts, read 294,019 times
way to go Texas.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:31 PM

8,856 posts, read 10,315,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is what I don't understand. Does the birth certificate actually exist or are they applying for one. I filled out paperwork in the hospital and received the birth certificate for my child in the mail. I didn't have to go and pickup a copy.

And, the illegals are not following the rules. They only want the birth certificate so they can suck off the public assistance teat. If they hold out, the illegals can be detained and deported when we start enforcing immigration law again.

The parents should be taken into custody. That is the bottom line.
The certificate exists, they are trying to get a copy. Same way that I've had to request my kid's (perfectly legal) for various reasons. And there are times you might have to go pick up a copy, in fact a certain kind of copy (stamped rather than a photocopy).

Old 01-23-2016, 07:14 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Those illegal's children are taking up seats in their local public school, and impacting citizen kids education. They are probably getting free lunch, courtesy of the American taxpayer. If they are inconvenienced by having to provide documentation that they are here legally, oh well. Should have thought of that before you broke the law.

Something that not many may not know. In Dallas, they have been hiring teachers from Central America just to be able to converse with the huge influx of Central American kids in the school system. I was shocked when a teacher told me this has been going on for a few years now. Add loss of job opportunity for American teachers to the list of how illegal immigration impacts American citizens.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:13 PM

10,790 posts, read 5,086,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry but as current case law stands, the US is the child's LEGAL home, no matter what you may think. Give the child their birth certificate that they have a right to.
The "rule" is the same for everyone. To get a Birth Certificate (either a new birth) or a certified copy of an old birth) -- it is REQUIRED to show proof of Identity - there are many "proofs" they can show, including a VISA if they are a legal Alien. Illegal Aliens can't do that, but all citizens must show proof of Identity. Why is the rule "special" for a person who has broken US Law by being in this country ILLEGALLY?

Nobody said the US was not his "home" - the County Clerk just does NOT issue Certified Birth Certificates to anyone who can't prove Identity.

The Fort Worth County Clerk will accept a Mexican Voter Card and a Fort Worth utility bill as "proof" of Identity. How sick is that - the Fort Worth County Clerk (Tarrant County) thinks a Mexico Voter Card is proof of ID. She holds an elected Office and ran unopposed in 2014. That needs to "change".

Old 01-24-2016, 12:18 AM

Focus people. Birth certificate. Child, whether of legal or illegal parents, is born in Dallas. That certificate exists, whether you like it or not. Jeezus. This is basic, minimal IQ required.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:39 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,808,209 times
Minimal IQ:

Recognizing that these kids and their parents are illegal and that the 14th amendment was to to make former black slaves legal citizens -- not "Taco Taquito Enchilada y Mole."

Old 01-24-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Minimal IQ:

Recognizing that these kids and their parents are illegal and that the 14th amendment was to to make former black slaves legal citizens -- not "Taco Taquito Enchilada y Mole."
You know, it's one thing to disagree in an intelligent way. Taco Taquito Enchilada y Mole tells me SO much about you, and I'm hoping that citizens who happen to be of Hispanic heritage are seeing this because this is what CERTAIN folks think of you and your families whether you've been here for 5 years or centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration