Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times

Advertisements

I was born in Dallas County in Dallas, TX. I've had to go downtown to get a copy of MY OWN birth certificate before. I had to show I.D. I'm an American citizen. I don't see the problem with this rule at all.

Dallas County Clerk

http://www.dallascounty.org/departme...FORMS_2014.pdf

Read that PDF carefully. Even illegals should be able to scrape together proof of identity from that long list of acceptable forms of identification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 05:54 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
The baby could have been born any where so why do they have to give a birth certificate to any illegal. Btw if the baby was born here was the medical bill paid or do we all have to pay for that as well. That should be against the law to have us pay for any medical bill for any illegal.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:52 PM

22,350 posts, read 11,881,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think anyone that supports illegal immigration should get on the bus with them and head for the 3rd world where the majority come from. Most that support it though, don't have live amongst it. Their children don't go to schools rated a 3 out of 10. If we still required a birth certificate to get into school, that would help.
This^ I've found that those who don't live among illegals don't believe the destruction they cause to neighborhoods and schools. In fact, some have called me a "liar" when I explain it to them. It must be nice to live in an ivory tower in a doorman building or gated community. The downside of that, is that those who live like that are clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's worse than that. Illegals don't even have to supply proof of residence in a school district to register and enroll since doing so supposedly discriminates against the homeless. All they have to do is say they don't have home. Boom. Enrolled. Regardless.

Illinois Legal Aid | Educational Rights of Homeless Children

You can bet your tax dollars that illegals take advantage of that.

When my daughter went to register her twins for kindergarten, she was told that she couldn't register them until she produced their birth certificates. Same thing, years ago when I registered her for kindergarten. Yet, illegal alien kids are allowed to register for school without one. There's something really wrong with this picture!

Old 01-25-2016, 08:14 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This^ I've found that those who don't live among illegals don't believe the destruction they cause to neighborhoods and schools. In fact, some have called me a "liar" when I explain it to them. It must be nice to live in an ivory tower in a doorman building or gated community. The downside of that, is that those who live like that are clueless.

When my daughter went to register her twins for kindergarten, she was told that she couldn't register them until she produced their birth certificates. Same thing, years ago when I registered her for kindergarten. Yet, illegal alien kids are allowed to register for school without one. There's something really wrong with this picture!

Yes, there certainly is something wrong with that picture. That question needs to be posed to our president.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:48 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,456,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's worse than that. Illegals don't even have to supply proof of residence in a school district to register and enroll since doing so supposedly discriminates against the homeless. All they have to do is say they don't have home. Boom. Enrolled. Regardless.

Illinois Legal Aid | Educational Rights of Homeless Children

You can bet your tax dollars that illegals take advantage of that.
I don't know about Illinois but here in Texas, legal or illegal, we sure do have to prove residence here to register and enroll. Plenty of people falsify that info (borrowing a friend's or relative's address) though, and many who do that are not illegal aliens. The homeless situation is more complicated. We have a lot of kids in the DFW area who are living in motels.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, there certainly is something wrong with that picture. That question needs to be posed to our president.

Yes, who was the president in 1982?

Old 01-30-2016, 06:00 AM

25,788 posts, read 21,942,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The baby could have been born any where so why do they have to give a birth certificate to any illegal. Btw if the baby was born here was the medical bill paid or do we all have to pay for that as well. That should be against the law to have us pay for any medical bill for any illegal.
Not only do we pay for the birth, but we provide free medical care to the mother before she delivers. Guess the reason? Because it is to our advantage that she has a healthy anchor as to keep the cost of our raising her anchor down. I am serious. I can google and find the info if necessary. I was They are trying to reduce Medicaid expenses in KS by reducing it for the disabled and elderly. Got to come up with the cash to pay for the illegals and their anchors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I don't know about Illinois but here in Texas, legal or illegal, we sure do have to prove residence here to register and enroll. Plenty of people falsify that info (borrowing a friend's or relative's address) though, and many who do that are not illegal aliens. The homeless situation is more complicated. We have a lot of kids in the DFW area who are living in motels.
We aren't talking about proving residency but citizenship. Not with a power bill but with a US birth certificate.
They do more than borrow a friend or relative's address, they steal identities of American citizens.

And, we will be able to take care of those homeless families once we start removing the illegals. Thank you for bringing up that drawback of the illegal population, taking away from our own. The illegals are sucking so hard on the public assistance teat that there is nothing left for many of our citizens. I have a video clip of someone that couldn't get Section 8 housing because the housing is full of illegals and their anchor. One anchor assures them of getting the Section 8 voucher. There should be adequate housing for citizens when the illegals are gone.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Yes, who was the president in 1982?
This is 2016, not 1982 and Obama owns it since he's POTUS.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This is 2016, not 1982 and Obama owns it since he's POTUS.
It has been federal law since 1982 that children of illegals, and even illegal children, be allowed in public schools in the USA whether one likes it or not. What amuses me about this stuff, just tickles me to death, is I bet many who hold this federal law (from 1982) against the current POTUS thought Reagan, POTUS in 1982, was just nifty. Short attention spans.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:15 AM

7,178 posts, read 4,744,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I wonder how they even prove the baby/child was born in the US? I still think they should call immigration to make a pickup.
Mother's and child's medical records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration