U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2016, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Reputation: 38666

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfLawPlease View Post
Elected promising to oppose amnesty and then flip-flopping to push his gang of 8 bill and then flip-flopping again to run for president. But if you ask him as some reporters have, about whether he still supports citizenship for illegals, he says that he does but it is impossible to get it through Congress. Think about that answer. He would do it if he could muster the support.
He did not push his gang of 8, in fact he tried not to go along with them, but he found himself in a situation where compromise was necessary. I will give you credit for one thing, you refrained from using name calling like others have done. All name calling does is show a persons lack of character or maybe I should say maturity. It is amazing, most of those who revert to this tactic are supporting one candidate. They are taking lessons from him as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-05-2016, 12:50 PM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8401
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well as Perry said, would you rather have them educated or having them living off the government? And don't go on about they shouldn't be here or they should go back. We all know this is not going to happen, no matter who is our next President, not to mention it isn't the fault of a kid bought here by his parents illegally.

I wouldn't bet on it that illegals won't be removed from our country either voluntarily or involuntarily. It may not be the fault of kids brought here illegally by their parents but they are still here illegally and allowing them to remain here is rewarding their parents for bringing them here. Things are going to going to change and you can take that to the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2016, 02:53 PM
 
9,301 posts, read 4,742,807 times
Reputation: 6049
News for you they are already doing this in Calfornia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 01:25 AM
 
10,830 posts, read 3,809,826 times
Reputation: 4696
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He did not push his gang of 8, in fact he tried not to go along with them, but he found himself in a situation where compromise was necessary.
He didn't push that bill?

Nonsense.

He co-sponsored it with liberal Democrat Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,529 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Reputation: 6770
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well as Perry said, would you rather have them educated or having them living off the government? And don't go on about they shouldn't be here or they should go back. We all know this is not going to happen, no matter who is our next President, not to mention it isn't the fault of a kid bought here by his parents illegally.
That's a false choice. Why should Americans be forced to either subsidize their education or subsidize their government assistance? Most states don't allow in-state tuition for illegals and they're better for it. CA was the first to do it and yet we STILL have the highest poverty rate in the nation, much of it because of the illegals. Don't tell me they can't be sent back-- it was done under Eisenhower and it can be done again. As others have stated, make conditions here unfavorable to them (no benefits, no birthright citizenship, steep penalties for those who employ them) and most will leave of their own accord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Reputation: 38666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wouldn't bet on it that illegals won't be removed from our country either voluntarily or involuntarily. It may not be the fault of kids brought here illegally by their parents but they are still here illegally and allowing them to remain here is rewarding their parents for bringing them here. Things are going to going to change and you can take that to the bank.
I have no doubt we are going to see a change in the immigration problems, but there is no way all illegals will be deported. As for the young people being here illegally? I agree there as well, but can we punish the kids for the sins of their parents? Think about this one: mom and dad come illegally and bring Mary with them. After they arrive in our country they have Johnnie and Susan, both are legal. Do you really think Mary has no right to an education and her younger brother and sister do? I know, we hear send them all back, but some countries, primarily Mexico will not take the kids born here. They have enough problems without accepting kids from other countries. It isn't as simple as putting everyone on a bus, train or plane and send them back in groups or all at once. Too many are seeing the solution in a simplistic way. It isn't that easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 02:17 PM
 
11,506 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Reputation: 9876
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have no doubt we are going to see a change in the immigration problems, but there is no way all illegals will be deported. As for the young people being here illegally? I agree there as well, but can we punish the kids for the sins of their parents? Think about this one: mom and dad come illegally and bring Mary with them. After they arrive in our country they have Johnnie and Susan, both are legal. Do you really think Mary has no right to an education and her younger brother and sister do? I know, we hear send them all back, but some countries, primarily Mexico will not take the kids born here. They have enough problems without accepting kids from other countries. It isn't as simple as putting everyone on a bus, train or plane and send them back in groups or all at once. Too many are seeing the solution in a simplistic way. It isn't that easy.
"Can we punish the kids for the sins of their parents?" Yes, we most certainly can. For example, when a parent goes to jail for having committed a crime, the kids suffer for that. None of us had any control over what our parents did or didn't do to or for us. There is an old saying that I will paraphrase here---"The sins of the parents fall on the child." Besides, if these DREAMers were raised to have a moral compass, then they would have worked to change their immigration status once they turned 18 1/2. Doing so would involve going to their own country to apply for a foreign student visa. Once they have that and have been accepted to a US college, then they will be able to return and attend college.

Of course, not all illegals will be deported. We don't even have to round them up. Make life so difficult for them that they will leave on their own. Make E-verify the law of the land. Then run everybody in the workforce through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs. Put an end to the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. If illegal aliens can't find work or access any welfare programs (and they do access those programs once they birth an anchor baby) they will self-deport. Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or collect unemployment plus tap into any welfare programs?

Why wouldn't parents who are here illegally from Mexico not be able to take their kids with them should the be deported? I've read many stories about parents who were deported and took their anchor babies with them to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 02:23 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
Reputation: 11576
One thing I can take to the bank, is that every single one of you will vote for Rubio once he gets the nomination, then all your complaining will be for naught. Don't pretend that you won't, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 02:41 PM
 
11,506 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Reputation: 9876
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
One thing I can take to the bank, is that every single one of you will vote for Rubio once he gets the nomination, then all your complaining will be for naught. Don't pretend that you won't, either.
Stereotype much, do you?

As I pointed out in the "elections" forum to you, perhaps some who always vote straight "R" might do so. However, you know that not all voters vote that way, be they dems or reps.

I'm a registered independent. If it comes down to Rubio vs. Clinton, I'm voting third party.

And what about you? Who will you vote for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Reputation: 38666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
That's a false choice. Why should Americans be forced to either subsidize their education or subsidize their government assistance? Most states don't allow in-state tuition for illegals and they're better for it. CA was the first to do it and yet we STILL have the highest poverty rate in the nation, much of it because of the illegals. Don't tell me they can't be sent back-- it was done under Eisenhower and it can be done again. As others have stated, make conditions here unfavorable to them (no benefits, no birthright citizenship, steep penalties for those who employ them) and most will leave of their own accord.
What you are missing is; it isn't that simple. Yes, I am a firm believer of companies getting penalized for hiring illegals, but many do so being unaware. The employee shows a green card. Ok, obviously many companies hire them, knowing they are here illegally. I do realize how bad it is in Ca. I was raised there and still have family there. Even then we have to approach this realistically. I just talked to my niece who lives in San Fernando Valley. She is an RN at a rather large hospital. She is fed up with people coming in who can not speak English, are living off the government and expect everything for nothing, but she also agrees, there is only so much that can be done. She totally agrees with me, you can not send back millions of people and you have to have a certain amount of humanity. I will add, she is not a bleeding liberal by any means. She is a conservative Republican, one of the few in the valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top