U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 03:55 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Stereotype much, do you?

As I pointed out in the "elections" forum to you, perhaps some who always vote straight "R" might do so. However, you know that not all voters vote that way, be they dems or reps.

I'm a registered independent. If it comes down to Rubio vs. Clinton, I'm voting third party.

And what about you? Who will you vote for?
I am undecided. If it's Sanders, I'm definitely voting for him. If it's Trump, Bush, or Cruz, I'm voting for any Democrat. If it's Clinton vs Rubio or Kasich, I'll be undecided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 07:54 PM

31,476 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What you are missing is; it isn't that simple. Yes, I am a firm believer of companies getting penalized for hiring illegals, but many do so being unaware. The employee shows a green card. Ok, obviously many companies hire them, knowing they are here illegally. I do realize how bad it is in Ca. I was raised there and still have family there. Even then we have to approach this realistically. I just talked to my niece who lives in San Fernando Valley. She is an RN at a rather large hospital. She is fed up with people coming in who can not speak English, are living off the government and expect everything for nothing, but she also agrees, there is only so much that can be done. She totally agrees with me, you can not send back millions of people and you have to have a certain amount of humanity. I will add, she is not a bleeding liberal by any means. She is a conservative Republican, one of the few in the valley.

How about we remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and they will leave on their own? is that humane enough for you? My concern is for our own citizens to be treated humanely and by allowing illegals to remain here it is inhumane to them.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I have no doubt we are going to see a change in the immigration problems, but there is no way all illegals will be deported. As for the young people being here illegally? I agree there as well, but can we punish the kids for the sins of their parents? Think about this one: mom and dad come illegally and bring Mary with them. After they arrive in our country they have Johnnie and Susan, both are legal. Do you really think Mary has no right to an education and her younger brother and sister do? I know, we hear send them all back, but some countries, primarily Mexico will not take the kids born here. They have enough problems without accepting kids from other countries. It isn't as simple as putting everyone on a bus, train or plane and send them back in groups or all at once. Too many are seeing the solution in a simplistic way. It isn't that easy.

How is sending these so-called kids back to their homelands along with their parents punishing them? No, I stand by what I said. Allowing them to remain here rewards their parents. Kids born here from Mexican parents are also Mexican nationals.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:19 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,806,238 times
Right now, illegals are entitled to a hearing before they are deported.

That is the main reason why mass deportation isn't feasible. Not enough immigration lawyers and judges.

That needs to change, but it won't happen quickly (or at all) because our judges and Supreme Court seem to think that foreigners have the same rights we U.S. citizens have.

So -- bypassing all of that nonsense -- Congress needs to pass a law making illegal entry a FELONY punishable by a mandatory minimum of FIVE YEARS of imprisonment.

As illegals are caught -- one at a time -- and the prisons fill up, the rest of the illegals will get the message and leave, taking their kids with them.

They'll be entitled to a deportation hearing all right, but before they get to that point they'll be thrown in prison for committing a felony.

So they won't even want to appear on the authorities' radar, much less demand a hearing.

They will -- in other words -- "self-deport" after "hearing" what is likely to happen to them!

LOL -- this isn't rocket science.

I remember when the House actually DID pass a bill making both illegal immigration and hiring or harboring an illegal a felony back in 2006. That bill was then forwarded to the Senate.

The illegals and their supporters went nuts.

There were demonstrations all over the country with Mexican flags flying, followed by the "strike" called "A day without a Mexican."

That's when the first failed attempt in the Senate was made to pass amnesty ("The gang of 14" co-sponsored by McCain and Kennedy.) The latest attempt sponsored by Rubio and Schumer was "The Gang of 8."

Just make it a felony, prosecute, imprison, and institute e-verify, visa entry exit tracking, etc. They will be gone, along with their kids, whether or not those kids are U.S. citizens.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-07-2016 at 12:34 AM..

Old 02-07-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfLawPlease View Post
You can't deport US citizen children (the anchor babies) without the permission of their parents but the parents will take them with them voluntarily if the alternative is leaving them here in the US to grow up in foster care. Obviously the older ones who aren't U.S. citizens can go with the parents, no problem.

I was speaking of the children brought here illegally by their parents. They aren't U.S. citizens. However, decent parents would take these kids back to their homeland with them along with their U.S. born kids when deported.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:12 PM

4,515 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Quote:
What you are missing is; it isn't that simple. Yes, I am a firm believer of companies getting penalized for hiring illegals, but many do so being unaware. The employee shows a green card. Ok, obviously many companies hire them, knowing they are here illegally. I do realize how bad it is in Ca. I was raised there and still have family there. Even then we have to approach this realistically. I just talked to my niece who lives in San Fernando Valley. She is an RN at a rather large hospital. She is fed up with people coming in who can not speak English, are living off the government and expect everything for nothing, but she also agrees, there is only so much that can be done. She totally agrees with me, you can not send back millions of people and you have to have a certain amount of humanity. I will add, she is not a bleeding liberal by any means. She is a conservative Republican, one of the few in the valley.
Did your niece inform you of Jerry Brown's recent action to strike the term "alien" from the Labor Code, in addition to granting them drivers' licenses? It's actions like that that make enforcing immigration law even more difficult. No one is expecting the illegal population to reach 0, but I refuse to believe that just because it won't be easy that we shouldn't even try. Without birthright citizenship, employment, or government assistance, it would practically be an act of suicide to stay. They are sending $20-50 billion home a year, so they do have family to return to. Our acquiescing to their every demand is basically sending out a homing beacon for millions more to come, reproduce on American soil, and demand every right and privilege that citizens enjoy, without earning them.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Stereotype much, do you?

As I pointed out in the "elections" forum to you, perhaps some who always vote straight "R" might do so. However, you know that not all voters vote that way, be they dems or reps.

I'm a registered independent. If it comes down to Rubio vs. Clinton, I'm voting third party.

And what about you? Who will you vote for?
As for me if Rubio gets the nomination (I doubt that he will though) I will sit out this election. I am not voting for an amnesty traitor.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:39 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,136,719 times
Quote:
Well as Perry said, would you rather have them educated or having them living off the government? And don't go on about they shouldn't be here or they should go back. We all know this is not going to happen, no matter who is our next President, not to mention it isn't the fault of a kid bought here by his parents illegally.
Rick Perry did say that, but in fairness to him, the Republicans, largely, fought against educating illegals.

The process went this way: The State of Texas appealed a ruling (Plyer v. Doe) to the US Court of Appeals where the US District Court's ruling let it stand, the State of Texas appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court. The US Supreme Court had 5 Republicans and 4 Democrats. Two Republicans voted with the Democrats in favor - Justice Harry Blackmun and Justice John Paul Stevens.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As for me if Rubio gets the nomination (I doubt that he will though) I will sit out this election. I am not voting for an amnesty traitor.
Same here. Not only is he a traitor, but the worst liar in regards to the issue. That's a big two thumbs down. If he is going to lie about that, what else will he lie about - pandering and being "malleable" for the GOP? Not much difference between him and Trump in my book. Both are "malleable".

Old 02-16-2016, 10:06 AM

Open-Borders Money Backs Marco Rubio

Rubio's brazenly fraudulent campaign to paint Cruz as soft on illegal immigration is a flabbergasting attempt to distract from the Florida junior senator's faithful allegiance to the open-borders donor class.
Here's what you need to know:

Open-Borders Money Backs Marco Rubio on Creators.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or