U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:37 PM

9,265 posts, read 5,781,633 times

Advertisements

"Cruz Clarifies His Stand On Illegal Immigration"

He clarified his position when he went to the border with Glenn Beck to hand out teddy bears and soccer balls. Actions speak louder than words, he blew it as far as I'm concerned. Those children were being taken care of, all Ted Cruz did was encourage more waves to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Cruz is just so smarmy to me. I haven't used that word in forever but I think it fits him perfectly. I know he is evangelical but were he not a politician, I see him as a TV huckster pleading for people's money in exchange for healing them of incurable diseases.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:51 PM

10,830 posts, read 3,804,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump says "nation wide" and Cruz says only for federal agencies and their sub-contractors. That is a HUGE difference.

I would guess Cruz takes money from businesses that greatly profit from having illegals in the country. Job wise, apartmental/house rental, etc. He brings in a LOT of cash for his campaign.
You should assume that any candidate not financing his or her own campaign is going to go easy on the illegals because that is what the Chamber of Commerce wants -- in addition to massive legal immigration even though we don't have jobs and average incomes are falling.

Trump is the only candidate to vote for, as far as I'm concerned.

Even he MIGHT not follow through on his promises.

But we know for sure that the other candidates WON'T follow through on theirs.

Another thing to watch out for is pronounced Christian leanings.

It is a false interpretation of Christianity to welcome illegals who break our laws or to welcome excessive numbers of immigrants such that jobs and resources are threatened for the native population.

Christ did not approve of lawbreaking or policies that hurt the people in order to enrich the few and secure votes for one side. But apparently, Christian churches don't see it that way. And some see immigrants as a way to fill up the pews.

These "Christians" are like liberals spending other people's money -- except in this case, they would force the rest of us to live with the consequences of their misguided compassion.

Last edited by dechatelet; 01-13-2016 at 12:02 AM..

Old 01-13-2016, 12:46 AM

11,583 posts, read 3,242,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You should assume that any candidate not financing his or her own campaign is going to go easy on the illegals because that is what the Chamber of Commerce wants -- in addition to massive legal immigration even though we don't have jobs and average incomes are falling.

Trump is the only candidate to vote for, as far as I'm concerned.

Even he MIGHT not follow through on his promises.

But we know for sure that the other candidates WON'T follow through on theirs.

Another thing to watch out for is pronounced Christian leanings.

It is a false interpretation of Christianity to welcome illegals who break our laws or to welcome excessive numbers of immigrants such that jobs and resources are threatened for the native population.

Christ did not approve of lawbreaking or policies that hurt the people in order to enrich the few and secure votes for one side. But apparently, Christian churches don't see it that way. And some see immigrants as a way to fill up the pews.

These "Christians" are like liberals spending other people's money -- except in this case, they would force the rest of us to live with the consequences of their misguided compassion.

Well said. Trump is the only one saying what I agree with and who doesn't have a record that would call it into question. And I'll just say it, I do not trust and will not vote for a candidate who isn't European American born to two European American natural-born citizen in America or better yet multigenerational American like I am. Cruze is one of those prosperity Christians or whatever they're called. Maybe we should call it CINOs, Christian in name only.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:30 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,804,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well said. Trump is the only one saying what I agree with and who doesn't have a record that would call it into question. And I'll just say it, I do not trust and will not vote for a candidate who isn't European American born to two European American natural-born citizen in America or better yet multigenerational American like I am. Cruze is one of those prosperity Christians or whatever they're called. Maybe we should call it CINOs, Christian in name only.
Agreed! I feel the same way.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:45 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Now, how could Cruz not be a true Christian? Per his daddy, he is one of the "anointed" ones: Ted Cruz's Father Suggested His Son Is 'Anointed' to Bring About 'End Time Transfer of Wealth' | Alternet Scary!

He refuses to answer the questions that he is asked. So many people do not read past the headlines. I have noticed that they are definitely using the headlines to snow people. I always "google" and read several articles from both liberal and conservative media.

I have many concerns about him. I am not focused on "the end of times" but present day and would like a POTUS doing the same. He avoids the most important questions and his focus is on Israel - surprise, surprise.
Gosh, it has been awhile since we had a POTUS that was focused on the American people. We are due.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:03 PM

27,806 posts, read 37,842,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure if this is the case here or not. It could be. However, take note that every politician who has ethnic ties to most illegal aliens are amnesty advocates. Those are just the facts.
That is because they can not de-humanize the illegals like a non-ethnic person can. They share facial features, culture and language with them. It elicits empathy, the bane of conservative policy. Like Bush, they become compassionate conservatives which is just another way of saying bleeding heart liberal.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:04 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is because they can not de-humanize the illegals like a non-ethnic person can. They share facial features, culture and language with them. It elicits empathy, the bane of conservative policy. Like Bush, they become compassionate conservatives which is just another way of saying bleeding heart liberal.
Really? Seriously? "Illegal alien" AIN'T a race; and, I'd have NO problem forcing white Irish people OUT of the US IF their kind are here illegally even tho I'm OF Irish family.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:47 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Really? Seriously? "Illegal alien" AIN'T a race; and, I'd have NO problem forcing white Irish people OUT of the US IF their kind are here illegally even tho I'm OF Irish family.
You and me both. I actually suspect, since we have a college here, that I am seeing people who have overstayed their visas. I want them gone too! We don't want to discriminate.

View the map: Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

And a question, "Is the majority of what some see as compassion actually exploitation?". Get real, the big factor here is that people exploiting the illegals want them to stay in the country, the employers, the landlords, etc.

Again, Cruz plans to do nothing. I would guess coming from TX that many of those people exploiting illegals have stuffed money in his pocket. "Cruz for sale to highest bidder."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or