Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:15 AM

25,655 posts, read 21,819,785 times

Advertisements

Because I loathe Cruz, I picked through his lengthy immigration plan. E-verify would only be required for federal contractors and sub-contractors. I thought it already was.

I mentioned before that I bet they had databases: National Illegal Alien Database and I came across that website by accident.

Because he considers himself a Christian (of some odd sect, one of those mega get down and boogie ones), he doesn't present lies but uses other deceitful ways of presenting info in order to snow those listening. I think that is what truly happened with that Gang of 8 deal. So, if you read carefully, he talks about illegals and criminal/crimes. Dissect it and what you have is that unless an illegal alien commits crimes in addition to the crime of entering the country without authorization, he plans not to do squat! The weasel!

Pick apart everything that he says. I guess he thinks we are just stupid especially those "uneducated" Trump supporters. News for Cruz............ I want Cruz out of the race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 08:05 AM

62,489 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because I loathe Cruz, I picked through his lengthy immigration plan. E-verify would only be required for federal contractors and sub-contractors. I thought it already was.

I mentioned before that I bet they had databases: National Illegal Alien Database and I came across that website by accident.

Because he considers himself a Christian (of some odd sect, one of those mega get down and boogie ones), he doesn't present lies but uses other deceitful ways of presenting info in order to snow those listening. I think that is what truly happened with that Gang of 8 deal. So, if you read carefully, he talks about illegals and criminal/crimes. Dissect it and what you have is that unless an illegal alien commits crimes in addition to the crime of entering the country without authorization, he plans not to do squat! The weasel!

Pick apart everything that he says. I guess he thinks we are just stupid especially those "uneducated" Trump supporters. News for Cruz............ I want Cruz out of the race!

Sounds like his "immigration" plan is the same as Obama's. Deport the "convicted" criminals but leave the rest alone. E-verify needs to be mandated in every work place and every employee currently working needs to have to go through that process also.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:49 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,398,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sounds like his "immigration" plan is the same as Obama's. Deport the "convicted" criminals but leave the rest alone. E-verify needs to be mandated in every work place and every employee currently working needs to have to go through that process also.
This is the problem with immigrant children running for POTUS. They want to keep the same system that brought their parents here plus pander for votes. Cruz is not authentic on this. He is for amnesty and always has been, so is Rubio. What's the common denominator? You guess it, immigrant parent or parents or a wife/husband. They want amnesty for their own personal reasons.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This is the problem with immigrant children running for POTUS. They want to keep the same system that brought their parents here plus pander for votes. Cruz is not authentic on this. He is for amnesty and always has been, so is Rubio. What's the common denominator? You guess it, immigrant parent or parents or a wife/husband. They want amnesty for their own personal reasons.

Not sure if this is the case here or not. It could be. However, take note that every politician who has ethnic ties to most illegal aliens are amnesty advocates. Those are just the facts.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:23 PM

Another thing to watch in the word play of all of them is saying that they aren't for amnesty or a pathway to citizenship BUT they don't touch what to do with those already here so you get the feeling it will just be more of the same. Right now, they don't have amnesty or a pathway to citizenship but that is not helping the situation at all.

We are just not as uneducated as they are hoping.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Another thing to watch in the word play of all of them is saying that they aren't for amnesty or a pathway to citizenship BUT they don't touch what to do with those already here so you get the feeling it will just be more of the same. Right now, they don't have amnesty or a pathway to citizenship but that is not helping the situation at all.

We are just not as uneducated as they are hoping.

You and I are a lot alike when it comes to listening carefully to what a candidate says and doesn't say. They often say they aren't for amnesty because in their mind it is reform instead but it still means the same. Anything that allows them to remain here without returning to their homelands to apply to come legally is not reform but amnesty. Many if not most of them will not comment on what they'd do with the millions already here which we know means they will allow at least some of them to stay.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You and I are a lot alike when it comes to listening carefully to what a candidate says and doesn't say. They often say they aren't for amnesty because in their mind it is reform instead but it still means the same. Anything that allows them to remain here without returning to their homelands to apply to come legally is not reform but amnesty. Many if not most of them will not comment on what they'd do with the millions already here which we know means they will allow at least some of them to stay.
Yes, we listen carefully and read past the headline.

I was cleaning out my history and finally found this article again about Cruz and illegal alien families with anchors: Kelly Presses Cruz: You're 'Dodging,' 'Just Say' If You Would Deport Anchor Babies | MRCTV

I have grown tired of him avoiding the questions and more tired of everyone criticizing Trump for not having a plan and falling to their knees swooning over Cruz's more of the same dressed a little differently on the surface.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,483,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
E verify won't make a big dent because it is currently illegal in California for an employer to use e-verify as part of a hiring process. The state and especially Gov Brown know that this is in contradiction to federal law but until someone in the fed gov does something to stop it, employers are stuck.
Federal Law would likely trump state law.

The powerful Chamber of Commerece lobby opposes e- verify at the state and federal levels.

The top priority of every politician is fund raising. When big money invests in a politician the expect a return on their investment.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:35 PM

Trump says "nation wide" and Cruz says only for federal agencies and their sub-contractors. That is a HUGE difference.

I would guess Cruz takes money from businesses that greatly profit from having illegals in the country. Job wise, apartmental/house rental, etc. He brings in a LOT of cash for his campaign.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Federal Law would likely trump state law.

The powerful Chamber of Commerece lobby opposes e- verify at the state and federal levels.

The top priority of every politician is fund raising. When big money invests in a politician the expect a return on their investment.
Then felony level lawbreakers like your business owners who hire illegal aliens STILL need to be held accountable for their actions. Period. If it means prison time AND having their assets seized, game ON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration