U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 07:19 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,493,840 times

Advertisements

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Honduran immigrant Maria Mejia just spent the weekend knocking on doors in Chicago's Albany Park neighborhood, telling her Central American neighbors that she shares their fear and wants them to know their rights in case immigration agents come to the door with a deportation order.

"I'm scared I could be deported," said Mejia, a 30-year-old housewife, who crossed the border with her two children in 2014 to seek economic opportunity but also because of fear of crime.

Central American immigrants scramble for options to deportation by U.S.

Mejia: just LEAVE, Ok?

Too; why do your kind even come to the us illegally since you being Hispanic, you've got about 20 other Spanish speaking countries to choose from but, I guess they ain't good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 07:27 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,327,861 times
Those feelings are typical of people that commit crimes of all types. You just never know when your number will be up. I could never stand the stress.

What's the deal? Where is the father of the child? I know here, if you try to go on public assistance that they will pursue child support on behalf of the children but I guess an illegal doesn't have to worry about that.

If nothing else, I hope others are being discouraged from coming.

Again, unless we are going to let our own non-violent criminals out of prison, a great savings to taxpayers, we need to apprehend these people and deport them.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:10 AM

1,033 posts, read 572,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Those feelings are typical of people that commit crimes of all types. You just never know when your number will be up. I could never stand the stress.

What's the deal? Where is the father of the child? I know here, if you try to go on public assistance that they will pursue child support on behalf of the children but I guess an illegal doesn't have to worry about that.

If nothing else, I hope others are being discouraged from coming.

Again, unless we are going to let our own non-violent criminals out of prison, a great savings to taxpayers, we need to apprehend these people and deport them.
Lordy, she has TWO children. And she is a "housewife" (?!) Why do we seldom read about the fathers accompanying mothers and children? True, we read all about the able-bodied young men who come over here illegally to "do the work Americans won't do." The nerve of these people pushing their agendas out in the open to circumvent our immigration laws. She came a long way from Honduras. They need to go home and take their anchor babies with them. SMH.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,327,861 times
Keep in mind that no daddy in the house helps keep the household income lower which helps bring in those public assistance dollars. We don't know that daddy doesn't sleep there. It isn't like these anchor babies are immaculate conceptions! This is common among our own low life citizens in the US so we already have enough like that!

I have noticed a newer looking type of immigrant coming in the last couple of years and have identified them as Central Americans. Think I can't tell which ones are illegal? Think again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or