Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,503,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nori22 View Post
Free meals at school... I mean come on, they are CHILDREN! Did your parents teached you anything!
Yes, I was taught that children are the responsibility of their parents. What did your parents teach you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 12:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,937,819 times
Quote:
Section 8 is clear:CHA determines eligibility based on U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.

In NC, You qualify for Health Insurance not only because you are under a certain income but you also need to have a valid Social Security number or have an eligible immigration status.

There is NOT an “earned income credit” when you don't have a valid Social Security number.

Free meals at school... I mean come on, they are CHILDREN! Did your parents teached you anything!
Did your parents "teached" you anything?? Had to do it guys

Last edited by ProLogic; 02-08-2008 at 01:13 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 01:13 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,464,435 times
Quote:
Section 8 is clear:CHA determines eligibility based on U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.

In NC, You qualify for Health Insurance not only because you are under a certain income but you also need to have a valid Social Security number or have an eligible immigration status.

There is NOT an “earned income credit” when you don't have a valid Social Security number.

If there is an anchor baby in the family, the entire family is entitled to receive section 8 housing assistance based on the fact that there is an American citizen in the family.

Health insurance?? All an illegal alien has to do is how up at any ER and they must be seen, evaluated and treated as mandated by the coercive EMTALA. If it is determined they must be admitted to a hospital, they are admitted. Guess who pays for part of this? Federal, state and local taxes taken from the pockets of the average American citizen. The portion of the bills that aren't covered are typically written off by the hospital. If the hospital or ER goes far enough into the red, it closes.

If an illegal alien later receives a valid SS# under Scamnesty, they can reclaim previous years EITC. (What a hoot!! Only in the US!)

Quote:
If you later get a valid SSN, you can go back three years and amend or file an original tax return to claim the EITC.
http://www.helprilaw.org/Data/DocumentLibrary/Documents/1079544372.34/New%20U.S.%20Taxpayers.pdf (broken link)

As for the CHILDREN, in all the years I have been involved in this I don't think I have ever heard anyone place any responsibility for the impoverished status of illegal immigrants where it belongs, which is on the shoulders of the governments of their home countries. Mexico sends by far the lion's share of illegal aliens. I have never heard anyone question Caderon's policies or why there is such a tremendous wealth disparity between the rich and poor in Mexico. It is just too easy to blame their problems on the hated 'gringo' and expect us to continually cough up money to solve them. Sorry, I don't do the guilt trip. If I am going to wring my hands over CHILDREN, it will be the CHILDREN of American parents who do without.

And here's another thing they taught me. Don't have a bunch of kids you can't afford and expect society to pick up the tab.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:50 PM

884 posts, read 1,026,976 times
More reasons to control the border. Illegal immigration has caused a Leprosy outbreak in NW Arkansas. Doctors there say 1 case in their career would be a shock; they now have 9 cases.

Leprosy outbreak causes concerns in Northwest Arkansas (http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841296 - broken link)

Old 02-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
More reasons to control the border. Illegal immigration has caused a Leprosy outbreak in NW Arkansas. Doctors there say 1 case in their career would be a shock; they now have 9 cases.

Leprosy outbreak causes concerns in Northwest Arkansas (http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841296 - broken link)
More of a reason to reinforce our borders. But you already posted this in another thread.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,587,108 times
Quote:

Steve,

That story is about legal immigrants, not illegal. The Marshallese have an agreement with the U.S., as I believe they are a protectorate.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 PM

226 posts, read 311,350 times
It really kills me what free things they are entitled to. Sorry, but I see many who are legal cheating the tax system of earned income. and also, I see many claiming dependents they don't have and bring in $6000.00 refund. It's not only the immigrants who are costing us money. Then I see the couple who live together and have been your 15 years, but file seperate and make a huge refund. We are supporting a bunch of legal thieves and immigrants. They need to do away with that earned income credit because it's abused.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noillegals View Post
It really kills me what free things they are entitled to. Sorry, but I see many who are legal cheating the tax system of earned income. and also, I see many claiming dependents they don't have and bring in $6000.00 refund. It's not only the immigrants who are costing us money. Then I see the couple who live together and have been your 15 years, but file seperate and make a huge refund. We are supporting a bunch of legal thieves and immigrants. They need to do away with that earned income credit because it's abused.
So you have a problem with earned income credit or immigrants?

Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,085,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
...apologists must think there's some distinction other people just can't see.

The Mitt was outed, he knew there were illegals working for him and he didn't do anything about it till it was publicized.

It wasn't until after it was publicized that he decided, (or maybe his handlers told him to), take a stand.

Before that, ....nothing. He was even quoted as saying it wasn't his responsibility...

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Romney: Not my fault illegal immigrants worked on home « - Blogs from CNN.com

He did NOT know! Someone tried to find dirt on him or family and this is all they could find, he has a clean reputation obviously. If you think other candidates did not have any illegal help you would be very ignorant, right.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,085,364 times
Quote:

Thanks for posting this, people need to know about this, TB and other disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration