U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 59,065,367 times

Advertisements

The cost of living in the USA is far too high for illegals to be "cheap" labor. Someone pays for their medical care even if it's not the illegal or his employer. Someone must provide the free schools even if it's not the illegal or his employer.

Illegals that work may provide their employer cheap taxpayer subsidized labor so that they enjoy quick easy profits but illegals have to eat, have to go to hospitals, end up driving on our roads even if they can't afford liability insurance because they need to send their $400 a month to Mexico.

Employers go for illegals because to hire American workers, they would have to pay better wages and provide some job benefits, and sponsoring a legal immigrant requires the employer to take some financial responsibility for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 AM

474 posts, read 528,911 times
Thanks for the comments regarding my post. I am so fearful that Nothing will change with Obama promizing so much to so many. It's our money, but they are giving it away to other countrys and to illegals within this country. I wonder if there any people out there who would like to stop paying balance billing in health care. Maybe if we all do, say, "no, not one cent more than our insurance pay." One of my friends went to the ER for an injured finger,had it treated and walked out and yelled back You don't get one cent from me until all these others sitting here for free care pay. and out the door she went. Another woman is holding down three jobs and said that if things don't change, she is going to use the social sec.numbers, fake as they are, of the illegals and claim them as dependents. Not a bad idea. Something has to give. The fourteenth amendment talks about equality. Where is that equality for Americans? I want what the illegals get and I don't want to be questioned just as they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or