U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I agree. If it comes down to McCain and Obama, I will vote for Obama.
As would I---------and, I am a registered Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Well, "they" say that because the illegals are taking away jobs chiefly from lower income African Americans, the AA are totally against the hispanics. They have taken over neighborhoods in California, and they have wiped out whole communities with illegal workers so that young AA men are not getting jobs.
And the Mexicans and Central Americans have been killing blacks -- just like the shocking murder in Newark, NJ -- 4 innocent college students attacked just for being black. The media might ignore these murders but people know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 07:38 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I agree. If it comes down to McCain and Obama, I will vote for Obama.
Same here. I think as liberal as Obama is -- he doesn't owe the citizens of Mexico anything. It's clear they aren't supporting him and that makes him less bound to them and their corrupt government.

McCain will do whatever Calderon demands -- just as Bush has. So would Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,832 posts, read 21,499,159 times
Reputation: 3503
Expecting Blacks and Hispanics to vote alike would be a stupid expectation anyway.

I'm not really surprised by Hillary's strong numbers with Hispanics. The Clintons were and remain very popular with Hispanics.

However without looking at the numbers, I suspect they are much closer amongst younger Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I'm not really surprised by Hillary's strong numbers with Hispanics. The Clintons were and remain very popular with Hispanics.
I think the use of the word "hispanics" is incorrect. Cubans and Cuban Americans are not likely supporting Hillary all that much -- and they are hispanics. Long-time American-hispanics are not likely backing her all that much.

This is about the large number of recent arrivals -- voting the same way they voted back home in Mexico. Big controlling government that "takes care" of them, promises them cradle to grave socialism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the use of the word "hispanics" is incorrect. Cubans and Cuban Americans are not likely supporting Hillary all that much -- and they are hispanics. Long-time American-hispanics are not likely backing her all that much.

This is about the large number of recent arrivals -- voting the same way they voted back home in Mexico. Big controlling government that "takes care" of them, promises them cradle to grave socialism.
I know my mother who arrived in the late 60's to America is voting for Hillary, actually almost every hispanic I know old and young, except Cubans, are voting for Hillary. Cubans just like to vote Republican, they are a more conservative breed IMO.

My wife and I are split between Obama and Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
The term for a Republican voting for Obama is an 'Obamican'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
 
440 posts, read 236,417 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I don't see a gap, Blacks and Latinos are both usually liberal voters.

Not true. Until this election, I have been a registered democrat all my life, not because I am liberal but because I always felt that the republican party excluded black America and deliberately targeted/represented white America. I have recently registered independent because neither party has a front runner that represents America. I am hoping that Lou Dobbs or a reasonable facsimile will recognize that if they don't throw their hat into the ring, America for all intents and purposes will be DOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Not true. Until this election, I have been a registered democrat all my life, not because I am liberal but because I always felt that the republican party excluded black America and deliberately targeted/represented white America. I have recently registered independent because neither party has a front runner that represents America. I am hoping that Lou Dobbs or a reasonable facsimile will recognize that if they don't throw their hat into the ring, America for all intents and purposes will be DOA.
Not true for you, I'm talking overall. Just like its not true that ALL Latinos vote Democrat, just the majority because my dad is a registered republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Not true. Until this election, I have been a registered democrat all my life, not because I am liberal but because I always felt that the republican party excluded black America and deliberately targeted/represented white America. I have recently registered independent because neither party has a front runner that represents America. I am hoping that Lou Dobbs or a reasonable facsimile will recognize that if they don't throw their hat into the ring, America for all intents and purposes will be DOA.
I agree 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top