U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 AM

335 posts, read 932,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Well, "they" say that because the illegals are taking away jobs chiefly from lower income African Americans, the AA are totally against the hispanics. They have taken over neighborhoods in California, and they have wiped out whole communities with illegal workers so that young AA men are not getting jobs.
This always gets me! STEALING JOBS! IMO...one cannot steal what was not theirs to begin with. The reality is american workers were never even a consideration... So in order to take you must have at least been considered correct? Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
That is only part of the reason. An even bigger picture is the fact that the majority of illegal aliens are racially prejudice against blacks, thus the ethnic cleansing going on primarily in LA.

I have a American hispanic girl friend who confirmed something that I have thought for a long time. Mexico has the same racial problems as America. Until we had that discussion and she confirmed my thoughts, I wasn't sure whether they are deliberate or not.

She confirmed:

All light skinned Mexicans are considered "white Mexicans" and the darker skinned (mestizmo) Mexicans are considered racially inferior. I have noticed that the majority of Americans of Mexican descent are "white" while the illegal aliens that are here are primarily darker skinned and from the poverty stricken depths of hell in Mexico.

My friend told me that I was 100% correct in my synopsis. She said that all Mexicans aspire to be associated with whites rather than blacks and that they idolize white Americans. The darker skinned Mexicans are considered inferior. The darker skinned do not want to be associated with blacks in America because we are considered "the bottom of the barrel". Thus the ethnic tensions between the two within and outside of US borders.
Yes it is true and it has a term "The color gradient' they are referring to the spanish idealogy of beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I agree. If it comes down to McCain and Obama, I will vote for Obama.
How can you vote for Obama over these issues he stumbled through his whole speech and Senator Clinton clarifed it for him and he was nodding his head in approval?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 01:39 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,045,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
How can you vote for Obama over these issues he stumbled through his whole speech and Senator Clinton clarifed it for him and he was nodding his head in approval?
I'd rather chew broken glass than vote for Hillary.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:36 AM

335 posts, read 932,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'd rather chew broken glass than vote for Hillary.
Did you even bother to watch the debates? When asked the Q. on how to best deal with Immigration Obama could not articulate but stumbled on the q. He choked! And you might want to get that problem checked out now, you might cause permanent damage not only to your teeth but to your esophagus.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:42 AM

14,271 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
I thought I was the only one who noticed that!

Maybe it's some kind of contagious virus, but so many people keep telling me how brilliant Obama is. Yes, he is an intelligent man and might make a good leader one day, but I watched the debates and he had a difficult time handling conflict or criticism. He is very good in front of a crowd that is cheering him on.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Quote:
Did you even bother to watch the debates? When asked the Q. on how to best deal with Immigration Obama could not articulate but stumbled on the q. He choked! And you might want to get that problem checked out now, you might cause permanent damage not only to your teeth but to your esophagus.
I'd imagine the pressure. Imagine on live T.V with millions of viewers. I bet you would be freaked out too.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:02 PM

407 posts, read 715,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'd imagine the pressure. Imagine on live T.V with millions of viewers. I bet you would be freaked out too.
BS!!! That is nothing but an excuse. He just is not ready for prime time is all. He has proven that with each and every question he does not answer. He is going on looks and somehow got the Caroline Kennedy to say that he was like JFK, when in fact, Carolyn has no idea what her father was like, being that she was barely able to ride a tricycle when he was murdered. Obama is nothing like JFK at all and it makes me sick that some have said he is. JFK knew what he was talking about and had definite solutions and articulated them so the public would know. Obama has not and will not.

Last edited by EarthMother1951; 02-09-2008 at 01:54 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM

440 posts, read 237,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
I will not because I will not knowingly vote for a lesser of 2 evils or vote for a person who do this nation harm. I will do a write in and by doing that I will be one of a very few who will vote what is best for the country and not what the MSM and the powers that be want.
Now that Ron Paul is threatening to quit, if he does, so will I. I am literally in mourning about how we are being backed into the corner by the global elites. How did we get here?

Oh just wanted to add: There are ZERO candidates ready for primetime. Obama, not so much because he's inexperienced, but because like all of the so called "top tiered" candidates he is in the pocket of the corporate elite who want all Americans to "have a coke and a smile and ****".

Old 02-09-2008, 01:55 PM

407 posts, read 715,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Now that Ron Paul is threatening to quit, if he does, so will I. I am literally in mourning about how we are being backed into the corner by the global elites. How did we get here?

Oh just wanted to add: There are ZERO candidates ready for primetime. Obama, not so much because he's inexperienced, but because like all of the so called "top tiered" candidates he is in the pocket of the corporate elite who want all Americans to "have a coke and a smile and ****".
Exactly correct!!!!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:40 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
BS!!! That is nothing but an excuse. He just is not ready for prime time is all. He has proven that with each and every question he does not answer. He is going on looks and somehow got the Caroline Kennedy to say that he was like JFK, when in fact, Carolyn has no idea what her father was like, being that she was barely able to ride a tricycle when he was murdered. Obama is nothing like JFK at all and it makes me sick that some have said he is. JFK knew what he was talking about and had definite solutions and articulated them so the public would know. Obama has not and will not.
I'm not defending the man jesus..

Old 02-10-2008, 03:53 AM

14,271 posts, read 15,287,998 times
In an age where the #1 news story for weeks was Anna Nicole Smith's death and who the father of her baby was, I'm not sure many people care about the issues or a candidate's qualifications.

The so-called news anchors are at their worst too. Why is the news so much kinder to Obama? I don't know how Hillary Clinton keeps her cool with someone like Wolf Blitzer. I'm afraid to write this because someone will say "oh, I knew race would be brought up!" But the fact is that White people are afraid to question and criticize Black people, so they walk on eggshells. Richard Pryor said that in a concert I saw and the audience (mostly Black) was laughing. I said that to a Black friend (she hasn't called me back. lol) She loved Clinton to death just a few days before the FL primary, yet she voted for Obama. She couldn't give me a straight answer, just that she changed her mind. I asked her what issues she agrees with the most..energy, tax reform, healthcare...and all she did was get defensive. The fact is that color IS an issue when over 81% of one race is supporting a candidate, white or black. I just hope whichever candidate wins the nomination, Obama or Clinton, this race for the nomination won't divide the country even more than Bush already has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration