U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:51 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

I have suspected there was a significant gap between Hispanics as a group and Blacks-------the Super Tuesday results surprised me though about how deep the division was.

Unless it is the illegal immigration thing that is 'drawing the battle lines' between the two ethnicities.
Yes so why then are Blacks voting for candidates that want to keep illegals here and bring tons more in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:56 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Some place wouldn't let one of my teachers vote because she was an independent, they told her to "pick a side".
CA does NOT have open primary. Your teacher had to change to either the Republican or Democrat party in order to vote for those parties primaries awhile before the CA. election. Looks like she was too late to change to a party and vote.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Yes so why then are Blacks voting for candidates that want to keep illegals here and bring tons more in?
I believe most blacks think the GOP doesn't care about them. Most of the republicans are against affirmative action, minimum wage etc.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:58 AM

407 posts, read 715,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I believe most blacks think the GOP doesn't care about them. Most of the republicans are against affirmative action, minimum wage etc.
I agree with the raising of the minimum wage but affirmative action is just so wrong. It is racism and bigotry in its finest sense.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:00 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,070,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Pro-illegals are against the minimum wage as well. Just listen to the rhetoric. "We need illegals to keep the cost of goods down."

As with any group that suffers from cognitive dissonance, they surely don't realize that the exact same argument is used by those who oppose the minimum wage.

I'm in a constant state of bewilderment when a bleeding-heart notes that raising the minimum wage will only cut into profits, but when the subject is illegal immigration, wage hikes suddenly (and magically!) result in higher consumer prices.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:46 PM

232 posts, read 850,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
OOO...Many Latinos are in fact Black: Columbians, Cubans, Brazilians, Puerto Ricans.

I believe what you have seen, is the Hispanics respect for the Clintons and especially her healthcare plan.
NICE TRY THATS NOT TRUE LOL, IF I USE YOUR ANALOY THEN ICAN SAY AMERICANS ARE INDEED BLACK WHICH ISNT ACCURATE EITHER BECAUSE ALL THE COUNTRIES YOU LISTED ARE DIVERSE.

AND COLOMBIA HAS HAD ITS ANTI-BLACK RACISM GOING ON FROM NON BLACK GROUPS, i guarantee you are an american, who havenot set foot in any of the countries you named lol to even say all these ppl are black

Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
they are uninformed and dont see all the issues, some just vote just cause and dont see the issues that can go against them

Old 04-26-2008, 10:34 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimor View Post
NICE TRY THATS NOT TRUE LOL, IF I USE YOUR ANALOY THEN ICAN SAY AMERICANS ARE INDEED BLACK WHICH ISNT ACCURATE EITHER BECAUSE ALL THE COUNTRIES YOU LISTED ARE DIVERSE.

AND COLOMBIA HAS HAD ITS ANTI-BLACK RACISM GOING ON FROM NON BLACK GROUPS, i guarantee you are an american, who havenot set foot in any of the countries you named lol to even say all these ppl are black
Mach50 is correct:

Under US government guidelines: any person who hails from either Spain or Spanish speaking Latin America is a Hispanic------no matter his/her actual race or skin color.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mach50 is correct:

Under US government guidelines: any person who hails from either Spain or Spanish speaking Latin America is a Hispanic------no matter his/her actual race or skin color.
i know that that! that is their ethnic group based on their nationality/language. you cant take away their racial origin though.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 AM

985 posts, read 3,194,227 times
Default Clinton at risk for losing Latino votes

Clinton at risk for losing Latino votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration