Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 11:27 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
White Americans? Hmm. Where were the blacks and legal Hispanics to do those jobs? It's not just a "white" thing. Were those Hispanic workers here legally or illegally? If a company can't retain American citizen workers of any race/ethnic group then perhaps they should address it with our government for visas for legal, foreign workers or go out of business. It is not acceptable to hire illegal aliens for any job. It's against the law.
These companies run ads on the local TV and radio stations and in the newspaper looking for employees. They hire who they can.
I had a business for 40 years. Most Americans white or black are lazy. They don't want to do any kind of physical labor especially if it means getting dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 12:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
These companies run ads on the local TV and radio stations and in the newspaper looking for employees. They hire who they can.
I had a business for 40 years. Most Americans white or black are lazy. They don't want to do any kind of physical labor especially if it means getting dirty.
If you say so. I'm a white dude AND I get my hands dirty.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:43 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If you say so. I'm a white dude AND I get my hands dirty.
But I bet you work with some really lazy people.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:41 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

Oh please, not the lazy American argument again. I know plenty of Americans that are hard workers, they do blue-collared jobs and have all their lives. I guess Hispanics are just superior? Gee, what do they call it when one claims that any race/ethnic group is superior to others? I'll let you ponder that.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:06 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Press Democrat is the daily newspaper in Sonoma County. It is an Associated Press report.

Even though you may hate it as a matter of fact the California economy is doing fine and the government is well into the black.

The citizenship of children born in the USA is well established. That you do not care for it is your problem not that of the children. The fact is that there is no dispute about this with all states recognizing their citizenship. Texas sometimes refuses to document it but does not dispute their citizenship.

Why would I hate California's economy growing and being in the black? But it's simply not true. From the article and there were other negative points made also.

"Crucially, though, Taylor's analysis relies upon lawmakers not approving a spending spree — and there is pent-up demand among some Democratic lawmakers to expand a host of social programs".

Guess why in part those social programs would be and are increasing? California's government bends over backwards to care for illegal aliens. We have more in our state than any other here.

Birthright citizenship and the arguments over it have been discussed over and over in here. I really don't want to open that can of worms again but if one really looks at what the 14th Amendment says "and" subject to the jurisdiction" and the true meaning of it you'd understand why children of illegal aliens weren't to gain our birthright citizenship by the writer's of that amendment. The Supreme Court needs to re-visit the 14th Amendment for its true meaning and interpretation and it will in the not too distant future.
Here's a good article explaining it:

14th Amendment Doesn't Make Illegal Aliens' Children Citizens - US News

Old 01-16-2016, 02:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
But I bet you work with some really lazy people.
I do and; IF illegal aliens are so good, then their own countries would be rich. But they ain't.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:58 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Not exactly true. Here in southern Missouri, the poultry plants and hog farms are some of the highest paying jobs available and they are safe jobs, just dirty. They can't get Americans to stay. When my daughter was hired there, she was among a group of about 40 white Americans hired. Within a few weeks, they all quit except her. All the Hispanics they hired, stayed. My daughter stayed for four years, because even though she had her teaching certificate, it paid better than teaching.
So, then, what happened that caused this change? I'm referring to the fact that up until the 80s, Americans were taking those jobs. Plus it was not uncommon to see 3 generations of the same family doing this work.

From what I've read---this is what changed. At one time those jobs paid a good enough wage to propel people into the middle class ranks. It was enough money for a nuclear family to live on one income. Also, those jobs had great pension plans and other benefits.

I'm guessing that no longer are there pension plans. Nor are the benefits packages that good. And, yes, in some of those plants, safety standards have declined.

Here is an interesting link that talks about these issues:

Meatpacking in America: Still a Jungle Out There? . NOW | PBS

There is more out there if you do some googling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration