U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Let me summarize your post. You don't know enough about economics to even understand my post.

You forget that plenty of people are dying yet it's old, conservative people like yourself that have made sure that the alcohol laws in this country resemble that of Saudi Arabia.

There was nothing I said that said old people were the only angry ones. Please feel free to quote my post if you disagree.

FYI, the guy sitting in office right now INHERITED the financial mess. Jesus Christ himself couldn't do any better nor could any Republican president. Let's see, the sitting president gets handed an economic collapse and you want to blame the current guy. That makes a lot of sense.

I guess I can sit back and smile and know that the Republicans that you're voting for will be cutting your SS and Medicare. It'll get done in place of raising the taxes on the upper part of my income.
Why would you only mention angry old people then if you meant to include others and you continued to do so in this post. I don't know what you are talking about in regards to alchocol laws. You are getting totally off topic here. This is the illegal immigration forum but I will address your remarks. Obama may have inherited debt from the prior administration but he has gotten us into even more debt than any other president in the history of the U.S.

SS and Medicare will be changed (not cut) to keep it solvent. AT least the Republicans are being honest that it has to change while the Democrats stick their heads in the sand in fear of losing votes rather than addressing this problem.

Now can we get back on topic which is illegal immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
And that's why you're older folks. You're frozen at a certain point in history.
Really? Please elaborate and how this relates to this forum of....illegal immigration.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Really? Please elaborate and how this relates to this forum of....illegal immigration.
You, the person who has openly and repeatedly called for maintaining the "white majority culture" in the US (which isn't an "illegal immigration" issue, BTW), can't understand how old people wanting things to never ever change would be related?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:45 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You, the person who has openly and repeatedly called for maintaining the "white majority culture" in the US (which isn't an "illegal immigration" issue, BTW), can't understand how old people wanting things to never ever change would be related?
Not wanting things to change? Change isnt a bad thing provided that the point of change is for improvement that benefits everyone and not just a select group. I am all for change in the immigration system. I more streamlined approach would be nice. less redundancy would be nice.
raise the bar for the minimum standard would be nice.
Change to facilitate millions of cheats? Thats not an improvement thats a disgrace. A slap in the face to all who did it legally.
Change is good. For example enforcement of our labor laws. Thats good.
Ebforcement of our immigration laws. thats good.
These are 2 examples of change that would be very good for every legal citizen. Exceptions being the employers who prosper by cheating and the facilitators of illegals.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not wanting things to change? Change isnt a bad thing provided that the point of change is for improvement that benefits everyone and not just a select group. I am all for change in the immigration system. I more streamlined approach would be nice. less redundancy would be nice.
raise the bar for the minimum standard would be nice.
Change to facilitate millions of cheats? Thats not an improvement thats a disgrace. A slap in the face to all who did it legally.
Change is good. For example enforcement of our labor laws. Thats good.
Ebforcement of our immigration laws. thats good.
These are 2 examples of change that would be very good for every legal citizen. Exceptions being the employers who prosper by cheating and the facilitators of illegals.
I don't see what this has to do with the post I was responding to.

As for your "slap in the face" comments, really? The fact that some guys had to jump through hoops means we have to maintain those hoops forever? We're being held hostage by a bunch of people's delicate egos???

Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM

These pro-illegals can't seem to grasp the fact that change to our cultural identity is not natural when it occurs via illegal immigration. Why wouldn't any country's citizens object to that? They will never admit to the fact that if Mexico were invaded by millions of illegal Chinese and therefore their national language became Mandarin and they became culturally Asian as a nation, Mexicans would object just as we are and rightly so. It wouldn't just be elderly Mexicans that would object either. Thus the pro-illegal hypocricy!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I don't see what this has to do with the post I was responding to.

As for your "slap in the face" comments, really? The fact that some guys had to jump through hoops means we have to maintain those hoops forever? We're being held hostage by a bunch of people's delicate egos???
No what it means is That they respected this nation enough to obey our laws. They recognized our right as a nation to decide our own laws. In short they understand that it is they who must show they are worthy. They understand that we owe nothing.
What hoops forever? They once granted a visa can become a citizen in as little as 3 years. Of course that would mean not breaking more laws out of convenience.
Held hostage? Not at all. As I go through the process yet again for my step daughter I dont feel held hostage. I am annoyed at the redundancy and the inefficiency. But more annoyed that those who cheat feel like we owe them something. A free pass, the right to not have to wait in line behind the honest immigrants.
The fact that some had to jump though hoops to earn the right to become a citizen v.s those who lied cheated and broke many laws? Yes that would be a slap in the face.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
...They once granted a visa can become a citizen in as little as 3 years...
Specifically an "Immigrant Visa", not any other type. They can apply in as few as three years if married to a U.S. citizen, five years if not (and one year if in active service in the U.S. military). In common application, the average is a little longer than the minimum.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Specifically an "Immigrant Visa", not any other type. They can apply in as few as three years if married to a U.S. citizen, five years if not (and one year if in active service in the U.S. military). In common application, the average is a little longer than the minimum.
true but the average is certainly less than forever
and the hoops after perm. resident is granted is every 10 years re apply etc.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
These pro-illegals can't seem to grasp the fact that change to our cultural identity is not natural when it occurs via illegal immigration. Why wouldn't any country's citizens object to that? They will never admit to the fact that if Mexico were invaded by millions of illegal Chinese and therefore their national language became Mandarin and they became culturally Asian as a nation, Mexicans would object just as we are and rightly so. It wouldn't just be elderly Mexicans that would object either. Thus the pro-illegal hypocricy!
They seek to justify the actions of those they support. Everyone does it to a degree.
For example in my area there is county that made the map for corruption. Luzerne county. Locals insist it was no big deal every county does the same thing etc.
In another part of the state a few years back a football team got in trouble. The Varsity team sodomized members of the JV. The football fans. They didnt do anything really bad just got carried away . etc.
In many cases these pro-illegals either have family or friends here illegally. To them the laws are unfair because it impacts them. So they seek to justify the actions of the illegal. Citing how hard it is etc. Disregarding the fact that many illegals never even bother trying to apply for a visa. Its too expensive. Once again disregarding the fact that many coyotes charge more than the VISA appl. would have been.
Its the same as speeding. Disregarding the other laws illegals violate. Or justifying by saying well if we gave them a VISA they would commit other crimes.
Well if we raised the speed limit right????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration