Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,735,527 times

Advertisements

Most american voters so far favor a comprehensive approach to immigration just like John McCain. He won easily in florida, california, arizona, oklahoma, missouri. Romney tried to take a hardline approach and failed miserably. So in the general elections, we will have both dem and McCain supporting Comprehensive Immigration Reform. I am extremely glad that the conservative talk show hosts and the followers have been exposed for being all talk but no voting power. They are seriously out of touch with the majority of the American Voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,042,453 times
.....nothing new there....

The talking heads and the 'pundits' haven't been able to track the correct narrative for ages.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,463,432 times
I think all the Ron Paul votes in America are actively on this city-data.com (conservative-data.com) forum .

I am very proud of Americans, they have spoken on side of reason, even in states like California and Arizona.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,510,765 times
Please show your data.

Using the election results to gain insight into opinion on illegal immigration is faulty. I may as well state that Americans support an Islamist takeover, seeing that Huckabee failed to take the lead. Or I could claim that Americans support the war in Iraq...or any other non-sequitur I can come up with.

Every poll taken, over many years, shows that Americans overwhelmingly oppose illegal immigration, but go ahead, keep kidding yourself. I mean, all these states and localities legislating against illegals must just be a fluke. The 80% of New Yorkers who stopped Spitzer from issuing licenses to illegals really do support amnesty; they just don't know it yet.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:21 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,588,459 times
Yeah, it was all those CIR supporters that shut down the Capitol switchboard last year, right??

Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,338,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most american voters so far favor a comprehensive approach to immigration just like John McCain. He won easily in florida, california, arizona, oklahoma, missouri. Romney tried to take a hardline approach and failed miserably. So in the general elections, we will have both dem and McCain supporting Comprehensive Immigration Reform. I am extremely glad that the conservative talk show hosts and the followers have been exposed for being all talk but no voting power. They are seriously out of touch with the majority of the American Voters.
The illegal immigration issue is now being handled by the states, and will continue to go that way. The federal govt (no matter who is President) will not do their jobs.

I don't think that's why McCain has more votes than Romney. In fact, McCain is a liberal Republican, and some say that it'll be like voting between two Dems - McCain and either Hilary or Obama.

Maybe he's ahead because he's so liberal. Some Dems are probably voting for him, and independents.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Please show your data.

Using the election results to gain insight into opinion on illegal immigration is faulty. I may as well state that Americans support an Islamist takeover, seeing that Huckabee failed to take the lead. Or I could claim that Americans support the war in Iraq...or any other non-sequitur I can come up with.

Every poll taken, over many years, shows that Americans overwhelmingly oppose illegal immigration, but go ahead, keep kidding yourself. I mean, all these states and localities legislating against illegals must just be a fluke. The 80% of New Yorkers who stopped Spitzer from issuing licenses to illegals really do support amnesty; they just don't know it yet.
Whatever makes you happy explorer. The fact is hardliners on immigration have been rejected by the American People. Spin it anyway you want.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:32 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,588,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Whatever makes you happy explorer. The fact is hardliners on immigration have been rejected by the American People. Spin it anyway you want.
Actually, hardliners on immigration have been rejected by the media elite who have their own agenda to follow, the one being written by their corporate paymasters. The American people are the ones who in poll after poll REJECT amnesty for illegals by 4 to 1.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Actually, hardliners on immigration have been rejected by the media elite who have their own agenda to follow, the one being written by their corporate paymasters. The American people are the ones who in poll after poll REJECT amnesty for illegals by 4 to 1.
From most polls i have seen, majority of americans support legalization. Immigration is not even an issue in the democratic party, it is a distant third in the republican party.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,338,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Thank you.

Who thinks that our so-called "leaders", no matter who they are, are going to stop illegal immigration? WE, the people, must do it, like we did with the shamesty bill TWICE last year. Our leaders do not represent us on this issue. But, you'd have to have your head in the sand to not realize how the American people feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration