U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
 
23 posts, read 80,116 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why do you want it to be changed? I thought the law was the law and it should be enforced?
I want the law changed because I am tired of foreigners (who have no ancestral connection to this country) just drop their anchor babies and expect the native citizenry to foot the bill.

The third world is taking advantage of our compassionate nature and that needs to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Wind View Post
The third world is taking advantage of our compassionate nature and that needs to stop.
You must be new to the forum--it's been pretty well shown that we don't HAVE a compassionate nature.....read on. (don't feel bad---I make the same mistake often)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
 
23 posts, read 80,116 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You must be new to the forum--it's been pretty well shown that we don't HAVE a compassionate nature.....read on. (don't feel bad---I make the same mistake often)...
When I say "we" I am referring to the government. The people are another matter entirely.

Last edited by Southern_Wind; 02-06-2008 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What evidence do you have of illegals coming to America and shutting down hospitals?
I'm pretty moderate on the immigration as you may know, and even I can point out the logic and fact in this.

Free emergency health care for illegal aliens - THEAMERICANRESISTANCE FOUNDATION
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,793,608 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm pretty moderate on the immigration as you may know, and even I can point out the logic and fact in this.

Free emergency health care for illegal aliens - THEAMERICANRESISTANCE FOUNDATION
No wonder. You got the information from FAIR. The link you provided me is filled with propaganda. I stopped reading it when they refered to kids of illegal immigrants born here as "anchor babies".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,049,019 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why do you want it to be changed? I thought the law was the law and it should be enforced?
I'm affraid your argument doesn't follow. It might be the law now but it can and should be changed.

Not too long ago, it was the law that black people couldn't vote, before that they could be owned. Not too long ago, women couldn't vote and women couldn't own property.

Progress changed all this just as progress should change this idioctic law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:53 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm affraid your argument doesn't follow. It might be the law now but it can and should be changed.

Not too long ago, it was the law that black people couldn't vote, before that they could be owned. Not too long ago, women couldn't vote and women couldn't own property.

Progress changed all this just as progress should change this idioctic law.
Like they say.. Out with the old, in with the new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,043,399 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
No wonder. You got the information from FAIR. The link you provided me is filled with propaganda. I stopped reading it when they refered to kids of illegal immigrants born here as "anchor babies".
First off, they ARE anchor babies. Second, you cannot say that one sides source is biased and therefor wrong, but in the same breath say all your sources are un biased and the only 'credible' ones. So go ahead and get me some info from the PEW Hispanic center, and then you can go though your speech about how they're unbiased. Hell, I even think it was you who told me the Center for Immigration Studies was biased and inaccurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
No wonder. You got the information from FAIR. The link you provided me is filled with propaganda. I stopped reading it when they refered to kids of illegal immigrants born here as "anchor babies".
Sometimes, Navy cruises result in "anchor babies".....but I guess that's a different thread---(so I'll 'shove off').....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
First off, they ARE anchor babies. Second, you cannot say that one sides source is biased and therefor wrong, but in the same breath say all your sources are un biased and the only 'credible' ones. So go ahead and get me some info from the PEW Hispanic center, and then you can go though your speech about how they're unbiased. Hell, I even think it was you who told me the Center for Immigration Studies was biased and inaccurate.
All Media articles are inaccurate to a certain point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top