Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,934,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
A few examples of hate;

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over." -- Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets

"They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We will take them over. We are here to stay." -- Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Councilman

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population . . . I love it. They are ****ting in their pants with fear. I love it!" -- Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas

"Remember 187--proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non-citizens--was the last gasp of white America in California." -- Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party

"We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country . . . I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, 'I'm going to go out there and vote because I want to pay them back.'" -- Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor

"California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave." -- Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Governor Jerry Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill Clinton

"We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California." -- Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos." -- Professor Fernando Guerra, Loyola Marymount University

"The American Southwest seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a single shot." -- Excelsior, the national newspaper of Mexico

Are these just the words of a few extremists? Consider that we could fill up many pages with such quotes. Also, consider that these are mainstream Mexican leaders. THE U.S. VS MEXICO

On February 15, 1998, the U.S. and Mexican soccer teams met at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Mexican even though most lived in this country. They booed during the National Anthem and U.S. flags were held upside down. As the match progressed, supporters of the U.S. team were insulted, pelted with projectiles, punched and spat upon. Beer and trash were thrown at the U.S. players before and after the match. The coach of the U.S. team, Steve Sampson said, "This was the most painful experience I have ever had in this profession."

Actually Mexico played USA Yesterday. They tied. Mexico dominated 90% of the game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,496,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Actually Mexico played USA Yesterday. They tied. Mexico dominated 90% of the game
That's it?

Don't you find any of those quotes disturbing?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That's it?

Don't you find any of those quotes disturbing?
On the count of Brown supremacists making them, no. America's racist past regarding the KKK is much worse.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
On the count of Brown supremacists making them, no. America's racist past regarding the KKK is much worse.
You are only disturbed by white hate? Is that what you're saying?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
You know what disturbs me?

WARNING Graphic

http://www.pulsetc.com/image/2004/0225/duluth-lynching.jpg (broken link)

Speaking of hate is different than turning that hatred into a crime.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 PM

335 posts, read 1,027,057 times
Quote:
I believe what he is engaging in is called dry sarcasm.
As far as brown supremecy vs. white? It is all the same to me with the exception that the KKK is just a tad more violent! Geez, this is like comparing Oranges and Apples.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
As far as brown supremecy vs. white? It is all the same to me with the exception that the KKK is just a tad more violent! Geez, this is like comparing Oranges and Apples.
Violent now-a-days? Not so much. When have we seen brown supremacists or any other non-white supremacist group lynching whites?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
You know what disturbs me?

WARNING Graphic

http://www.pulsetc.com/image/2004/0225/duluth-lynching.jpg (broken link)

Speaking of hate is different than turning that hatred into a crime.

I see. I take it, then, that only white hate disturbs you. Either that, or you are only capable of being disturbed by one thing at a time. Which is it?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I see. I take it, then, that only white hate disturbs you. Either that, or you are only capable of being disturbed by one thing at a time. Which is it?
All Racism is disturbing. It is the actions that groups have done what disturbs me even more.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
The comparison was made by Pro Logic. I don't need to compare and contrast hate to know it when I see it.

I'm disturbed by all hate, regardless of its intensity, who it's coming from or who it's directed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration