U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:38 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 734,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Officials at local organizations that aid immigrants and refugees say they have experienced an increase in hate mail and threatening phone calls.

“In the 10 years since we opened our office, I had never experienced any threats until last year,” said Anne Curtis, director of Bridge Refugees Services of Chattanooga, an agency that works with churches and other organizations to help settle refugees.

Ms. Curtis said they started to receive phone calls, letters and e-mails last year from an individual who disagreed with their work on behalf of refugees. She said they had to call the police twice because they felt threatened by him.

“I feel sad that people forget all of our families were immigrants at one point and that they don’t want to take the time to understand the difference between a refugee and people immigrating here legally or illegally for other reasons,” she said. [Bla bla bla...typical ubiquitous liberal drivel]

Chattanooga resident Rick Pinson, who said he doesn’t support bringing refugees to the United States, said he doesn’t believe “American soldiers who fought and died for this country did so it could be given away to people from other countries, and that taxpayers be required to pay for their welfare.” [You are correct sir]

America Gruner, president of the Coalition of Latino Leaders in Dalton, Ga., and Jerry Gonzalez, executive director of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials, said they also have seen a spike in the number of hate e-mails and phone calls they receive.

Ms. Gruner said they have gotten several threatening phone calls since they started the organization in 2006, mostly from people telling them to go back to their country and accusing them of registering undocumented immigrants to vote.

“Last year, when we started a campaign to encourage Hispanics to vote, we received several calls telling us we were breaking the law by registering illegals,” Ms. Gruner said. [Perhaps there are a great deal of people sick and tired of watching their country vanish as La Raza openly and notoriously enacts their Reconquista]
Chattanooga Times Free Press | Immigrant agencies feel rise in harassment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:27 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Anti illegal I may be: making threatening calls. e mails, etc. against the above agencies is stupid-----at best.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 AM

407 posts, read 714,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Anti illegal I may be: making threatening calls. e mails, etc. against the above agencies is stupid-----at best.
I really do agree with you but I am afraid that many Americans are feeling threatened and trying to fight fire with fire since so many of the illegals threaten Americans.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:16 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times
I certainly don't condone threatening calls and emails but I do see how are government's failure to secure the borders and enforce immigration laws is coming to a boiling point. It's simply inexcusable for the government to let this go on.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:29 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 734,608 times
People are fed up and frustrated. I believe that eventually the people who feed the immigration problem will have much more to deal with than phone calls and emails, as a result of heads less cool than my own.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:12 PM

1,252 posts, read 726,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
People are fed up and frustrated. I believe that eventually the people who feed the immigration problem will have much more to deal with than phone calls and emails, as a result of heads less cool than my own.
Really?

Are you suggesting they may have to deal with more threats or some amorphous threat which is maybe worse than just a threat?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
I don't advocate violence, unlike some of the Reconquistas I've dealt with, but you can be sure there are American folks who will return it 10-fold when it's focused in their direction.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I don't advocate violence, unlike some of the Reconquistas I've dealt with, but you can be sure there are American folks who will return it 10-fold when it's focused in their direction.
That is very true: unlike 'Latin' based cultures; WASP culture is slow to anger; once we are aroused though---------look out!

We will prevail; that is not a threat-------that is a promise!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:34 PM

1,252 posts, read 726,112 times
oooooh,

now it sounds like a couple of eight year olds on the playground argueing over who is the toughest.....

....even while out the other side of their mouths, they say they don't condone violence.

(kind of like saying, 'I'm no bully, just don't try me')

It all comes off as condoning the harassment....

Old 02-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
oooooh,

now it sounds like a couple of eight year olds on the playground argueing over who is the toughest.....

....even while out the other side of their mouths, they say they don't condone violence.

(kind of like saying, 'I'm no bully, just don't try me')

It all comes off as condoning the harassment....
The word realpolitik comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or