U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 08:07 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,763,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Read the heading of the poll. There were exceptions but overall the majority wanted most illegals deported. You're grasping at straws now. Done discussing this. As I said, it is apparent you don't want illegals deported.
Now that is funny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 11:56 PM

10,830 posts, read 3,812,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I get a sense that a lot of the outrage against immigrants is a thinly veiled assault on the other--like when Trump says that Mexicans are raping.
He didn't say that.

He said that a lot of illegal aliens from Mexico were committing crimes, including rape.

And that is true.

We shouldn't even be arguing about this after the horrendous murders of Kate Steinle and the Bologna family in San Francisco.

Quote:
Everyone wants to beat up on the brown people but not the scamming and hustling Russian con artists who do worse damage per capita then the the average Latin immigrant.
You know what "everyone" thinks?

I don't think so.

Those of us here who want the law enforced want it enforced against ALL illegals.

Quote:
I think that many of you say you want the law applied equally but would make an exception for the cute little blonde girl that said she was politically oppressed in Ukraine for being a lesbian and qualifies for refugee status.
You can think whatever you want.

I think you want illegal immigration to continue and are just using the few whites who illegally immigrate to deflect from the larger problem of non-whites who illegally immigrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I had a Polish drinking buddy who was an illegal alien. He was here for years and eventually deported. As he should have been. I miss the guy, but a modern, first-world country should have immigration and citizenship laws.
I knew someone from Australia who turned out to be here illegally.

They caught him in San Francisco and put him on a plane to Sydney (14 hour flight.)

But somehow, they can't catch illegals here in San Diego and bus them to the border ten miles away.

Quote:
You quoted fox news and some other unreputable sources.
Disreputable to whom?

CBS was caught using forged documents to try to throw a presidential election to the Democrats.

Most of the U.S. media is biased to the left.

The Democrats want illegal aliens for votes, business interests want them for cheap labor.

You're not going to get honest talk about illegal immigration from any mainstream news source, whether it's the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I see that BOSIAD's sources aren't good enough also which means that we are encountering one of the following: illegal sympathizer, illegal exploiter or an illegal themselves.
Exactly.

Quote:
Pulling the race card in here makes me question your motives. Did you not see my prior post where I stated that conservatives or otherwise want "all" illegals gone not just those who are Latinos? Some Mexican illegals have committed rape. The fact that they are the largest group here illegally would increase those odds for that group.
Well said.

Quote:
Who's anti-"immigration"? This is about illegal immigration. Fear of the other? We already have every possible ethnic group, race and nationality living here legally so what do you mean by that? Should we fear those who come to our country illegally? Of course we should because we have no idea who they are or what their intentions are. It has nothing to do with their race, ethnicity or nationality it's about our laws and keeping our country safe.
That's right.

Quote:
You guys have got to learn to think critically....to deconstruct an article and seek truth in the underlying assumptions.
Wow.

You sound like you're in college and know everything.

You better get to studying. Midterms are just around the corner.

Quote:
Well, laws can be unjust....say the Nuremburg laws in Germany...we are getting off topic here though.
So our immigration laws are the same as Hitler's Nuremberg Laws that deprived German Jews of their rights?

It is clear that you have an agenda here that you don't want to reveal.

Quote:
Huh, I didn't know that EEs were a race..or even Latinos for that matter.

No race card pulled here. I am white by the way.
You said "brown people."

Quote:
And no conservatives don't want all illegals gone...in fact, the big business needs them to suppress wages...republican chamber of commerce types need them to bus the tables, clean the pool, build the buildings, etc...even trump used illegal Poles when building his buildings.
Well, at the time Trump was a liberal Democrat.

And there is no evidence that Trump knowingly hired illegals.

He couldn't control who his sub-contractors hired.

Quote:
I would vote for Trump if he could actually do this.
I hope you do.

Quote:
Didn't Ike do this before?
Yes, he did.

Quote:
I didn't say that they were. You were the one who brought up race not me. Law abiding conservatives want them gone and we are the majority of conservatives in this country not the corrupt ones. Democrat business owners are just as guilty of wanting illegal aliens here to increase their profits. Where is your proof that Trump knowingly had illegal aliens working in any of his businesses?
Just so.

Quote:
You say that you want all illegal deported and then you say laws can be unjust?
Hard to figure him out, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
E verify, no more birthright for any US born kid unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen, allow the cops and judges to go after ANY "known" illegal alien, English ONLY for welfare and so on. Word will get out that it ain't safe to be here in the US and, MOST will leave like yesterday. The few hard heads left WILL lay real low and shut up.

Any of those anchor kids come back when they turn 18? If those people break the law; nail them and HARD. Period.
Well said.

The "how can we do it" argument is so lame.

Right now we're rolling out the red carpet for illegals.

Make it a felony, throw a few thousand in prison for ten years, throw a few thousand government employees and business owners who harbor illegals in prison for ten years, institute mandatory e-Verify, etc., and illegals will go back home on their own.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-04-2016 at 12:48 AM..

Old 02-04-2016, 12:40 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,812,447 times
Quote:
Having thought about the tertiary impact of this I altered my opinion.

You don't want to have a bunch of kids dumped onto the public assistance programs.
They're already on public assistance.

Quote:
The laws about birth-right citizenship are unlikely to change so we must design policy which is advantageous to the Republic.
There has never been a law passed by Congress -- or anything in the Constitution -- that gives citizenship to anchor babies.

The Fourteenth Amendment gave citizenship to former black slaves, that is all.

It explicitly EXCLUDED all foreigners, including children born in the U.S. to foreign diplomats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
...Can't you imagine the fun when 25% of LA becomes a war zone?
In many ways -- what with all the gang activity -- it already is a war zone.

Send in the military, and that will end pronto.

We should also send the military to the border, and build camps for illegals to be detained prior to deportation.

Our military is out of Iraq, and mostly out of Afghanistan.

It will give them something to do -- actually defend this country from an invasion (which is what they're supposed to do) instead of building 54-million-dollar gas stations in Afghanistan and trying to teach democracy and human rights to Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
....Virtually all in the interior have a right to a hearing and will likely have legal representation. So you have to hold them...in facilities you don't have for hearings that lack judges and prosecutors. You will therefore have to let most go as you cannot hold them for practical and legal reasons...and you lack the infrastructure to even process mass arrests.
We can end the problem of legal representation, lawyers and judges simply by having the president declare a state of national emergency and frame the problem as one of national security -- an invasion of our country by foreigners who we know nothing about.

If we could do it to the Japanese Americans -- who were actual U.S. citizens -- we can certainly do it to illegals, who are not U.S. citizens and who are not here legally.

Quote:
Sure you can set up camps. After you appropriate the money to buy and/or equip them and hire and train the guards and administrators. Just what we need another 100,000 federal employees.
No need to hire any new employees if we use the military.

There need be no cost. The camp inmates can grow their own crops, dig their own wells, and build their own structures.

Quote:
Military troops are of very limited effectiveness in dealing with rioters.
Not true. Once the National Guard was finally called in, the Rodney King riots in LA ended. Same deal with the People's Park riots in Berkeley.

Quote:
Always have been. The rioters simply destroy and vanish. What are you going to do...stage a division of infantry in every downtown? Ever think about what that costs? The rioters just go home and wait until the troops leave and do it again.
Now you're really reaching.

Quote:
Where there's a will there's a way. We just have to vote in politicians who have the will. Ridding ourselves of illegal aliens can and should be done. In the long run fiscally and in every other way we'd be far better off. The naysayers in here have a vested interest in keeping illegals here and allowing them to continue to come, IMO. I'm not fooled by any of them.
Exactly.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-04-2016 at 12:51 AM..

Old 02-04-2016, 01:09 AM

33,157 posts, read 39,125,262 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
I think you are implying racial purity and thinking the cultural make up of the USA should be only white republicans, where have i heard similar thinking?

Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I think you are implying racial purity and thinking the cultural make up of the USA should be only white republicans, where have i heard similar thinking?
No that is not being implied. What is being implied again and again, is that we have laws and we want them enforced.

Illegals be gone and take your anchors with you per the law. Make sure you order your pinatas (it is fact that the majority of illegals are of Hispanic origins) for the going away parties early to avoid the rush. I am saving cardboard boxes in my garage to donate and will happily buy rolls of box tape when the time comes that these are needed to load em' up and ship em' out. Oh happy day!

Slum lords? Your gold mines are getting ready to be deported. You need to find a legitimate business endeavor.

Employing the illegals: Your gravy train is about to end. If you can't learn to turn a profit legally, accompany your illegal employees back to their country of origins.

Trying to make it about race or politics just screams ignorance or profiting directly from illegal immigration.

If someone cannot comprehend the English language, interpret rules, regulations and laws, understand statistics, American history, etc..........................

As a side note, many schools offer "English as a 2nd language" in evening courses.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM

31,634 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Racial purity is not what most conservatives want! Illegal immigration is about our laws. It has nothing to do with race. We have an American culture not a white one. Is English our national de facto language? Yes! Why should that change? There are other cultural traits that identify our nation also. We have a right to retain them without losing them via illegal immigration.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:33 AM

18,565 posts, read 13,696,302 times
Quote:
Racial purity is not what most conservatives want! Illegal immigration is about our laws. It has nothing to do with race. We have an American culture not a white one. Is English our national de facto language? Yes! Why should that change? There are other cultural traits that identify our nation also. We have a right to retain them without losing them via illegal immigration.
Some how, maintaining our Sovereignty means "racism" to the US only. When every other country in the world protect their borders it's ok, but when it happens here Liberals flip.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:09 AM

30,118 posts, read 15,673,683 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
I agree with you 100% And we need to do something about the H1-B visa program, that is causing a lot of Americans to lose their jobs.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:54 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,546,843 times
Quote:
What's reform to you? Ring wing zealots? I don't know of single conservative that doesn't want all illegals sent back home. As for Latinos they are the largest group by far here illegally and that is the only reason they get more of the attention.

I want illegals gone because they came here ILLEGALLY. if they want to come here legally, then I do not mind. but until they do that, they are nothing more than criminals.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:14 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,337,998 times
I don't know. I think our country is done for. Border patrol is being told to stand down, Obama is flooding small towns in conservative states with refugees and immigrants to take over those towns and states. We had a chance in the 2008 election, but I don't think we do now. Obama, these last months that he is in office, is going to bring in millions more people from other countries to turn America into a third world country too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or