Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 07:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Moving 11 million people rapidly would be quite a challenge. Especially finding them first.

I have had this conversation before:
The net result is that people like to talk a good game about immigration but don't want their own taxes raised to enforce the laws.

It's the same with other subjects. When drug crimes are the subject of the day politicians pass laws increasing sentences but do nothing to beef up enforcement. When there's a hair-raising auto accident at 100 miles an hour on a secondary road, the reaction is to lower the speed limit (even though the car was going well in excess of any posted limit). There's never talk of stricter enforcement. So it is with immigration now. There's lots of breast-beating about illegal immigration. But where's the support for what would be effective? That would be to provide extremely rapid deportation hearings upon an illegal being caught. There's no reason why the hearing couldn't take place in four to six weeks, with the illegal confined in the meantime, other than judicial backlog or judicial laziness.

Part of the problem there is that no one trusts what would happen with a Constitutional Convention. Amendments are correctly distrusted and rare.

Let's be honest. Most people can well live with illegal Mexican immigrants. Things get dicier when talking about immigrants from the Middle East. These are people who are, in a significant minority of the cases, violent. Much higher than among Mexicans.
Probably about the ONLY thing "protecting" at least Hispanic illegal aliens is they're almost always "Christian". If they were mostly Muslim: I'd lay some serious money that either the border with Mexico were locked up tight or the US would've taken over that country many years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Hey all you got to do is click your heels three times and they are gone.

Laws not fully funded are not operative. The immigrations laws are likely funded at less than 10% of what it would take. So 90% non operative.

There is no substantial support to change birthright citizenship. The nasty Americans simply don't agree with you. Maybe you can start you own country.

Makes no difference who you elect you will get the same outcome. There is no will to deport the illegals.

Should have happened many years ago. So go spit on Reagan's grave.

But in the meantime keep clicking...it will give you something to do.
Well; Jim Crow was killed 50 years ago. If THAT could've happened; I don't see any reason to not start putting illegal aliens and their fans into their place.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:14 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Moving 11 million people rapidly would be quite a challenge. Especially finding them first.

I have had this conversation before:
The net result is that people like to talk a good game about immigration but don't want their own taxes raised to enforce the laws.

It's the same with other subjects. When drug crimes are the subject of the day politicians pass laws increasing sentences but do nothing to beef up enforcement. When there's a hair-raising auto accident at 100 miles an hour on a secondary road, the reaction is to lower the speed limit (even though the car was going well in excess of any posted limit). There's never talk of stricter enforcement. So it is with immigration now. There's lots of breast-beating about illegal immigration. But where's the support for what would be effective? That would be to provide extremely rapid deportation hearings upon an illegal being caught. There's no reason why the hearing couldn't take place in four to six weeks, with the illegal confined in the meantime, other than judicial backlog or judicial laziness.

Part of the problem there is that no one trusts what would happen with a Constitutional Convention. Amendments are correctly distrusted and rare.

Let's be honest. Most people can well live with illegal Mexican immigrants. Things get dicier when talking about immigrants from the Middle East. These are people who are, in a significant minority of the cases, violent. Much higher than among Mexicans.

Whatever it takes to rid our country of illegal aliens and make our country secure I'd be willing to pay for via my taxes. Mexicans here illegally may not be terrorists but they do reek havoc on our country in so many other ways and they do commit a fair share of violent and non-violent crimes.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Probably about the ONLY thing "protecting" at least Hispanic illegal aliens is they're almost always "Christian". If they were mostly Muslim: I'd lay some serious money that either the border with Mexico were locked up tight or the US would've taken over that country many years ago.
Is that a bad thing? If people who come in are assimilatable they wind up being a net positive, if not in this generation than in the next. If they are not, and their children wind up alienated and angry, it's quite a net negative.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:25 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Is this the tenth or twelfth time you have stop responding?

You get the click your heels until you come up with some rational view. Which I doubt.

Reagan owns this one far more than Obama. If he executed what was agreed to we would not have the problem. Obama has no avaiable fix.

So click away. Far more effective than anything else you can do...and save the rest of us from having to read the repetitive and pointless posts.

Until you understand that special interest is promoting amnesty, illegal immigration, more visa's, more green cards, more H1B's and more H2b's; you will not see the light. This is not about Democrats or Republicans; they are simply puppets on a string. Look at the puppet masters; that is where America should take it's stand - perhaps we should ship them out of the Country and they could take their lying politicians with them!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Is that a bad thing? If people who come in are assimilatable they wind up being a net positive, if not in this generation than in the next. If they are not, and their children wind up alienated and angry, it's quite a net negative.
The point is NO country allows illegal immigration; at least most places WILL enforce the laws against illegal aliens.

The fact their kind ain't punished makes a sick joke out of the US, I say that because why in the hell should people who come here LEGALLY have to jump through hoops when it's just less hassle to sneak in here and demand amnesty.

Alienated and angry "children": DON'T allow birthright unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen. That'd be a tool to use against those punks; deport 'em for anything above an infraction like a traffic ticket.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:26 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

People whose initial act was to violate our immigration laws are not assimilatable no matter what religion they are. Importing poverty and a sense of entitlement will never be a net positive. Too bad if their children are resentful and angry. It just goes to show that they were taught the same lawless attitude that their parents had. They have no reason to be feel alienated and angry since we are a nation of laws and they nor their parents are above our laws.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:57 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times
Quote:
The point is NO country allows illegal immigration; at least most places WILL enforce the laws against illegal aliens.

The fact their kind ain't punished makes a sick joke out of the US, I say that because why in the hell should people who come here LEGALLY have to jump through hoops when it's just less hassle to sneak in here and demand amnesty.

Alienated and angry "children": DON'T allow birthright unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen. That'd be a tool to use against those punks; deport 'em for anything above an infraction like a traffic ticket.
Although I am not a fan of the vitrol in your posts, I do agree that we should enforce the laws on the books and that it's not a good thing to make a mockery out of our laws. It's hard to respect a nation when you came here breaking the law.

That being said, the problem is not a democrat or republican one as it seems no mainstream American party wants to deal with illegal aliens. I suppose the illegal browns have family that vote democrat and the GOP commercial class want cheap labor even if it puts Americans out of work.

Birthright citizenship will never be changed. Maybe a good idea to stop harping on that.

I don't know why we don't have a guest worker program where people who want to come here to work can be regulated? They will pay taxes and be documented.

This seems like the sensible measure for me.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Although I am not a fan of the vitrol in your posts, I do agree that we should enforce the laws on the books and that it's not a good thing to make a mockery out of our laws. It's hard to respect a nation when you came here breaking the law.

That being said, the problem is not a democrat or republican one as it seems no mainstream American party wants to deal with illegal aliens. I suppose the illegal browns have family that vote democrat and the GOP commercial class want cheap labor even if it puts Americans out of work.

Birthright citizenship will never be changed. Maybe a good idea to stop harping on that.

I don't know why we don't have a guest worker program where people who want to come here to work can be regulated? They will pay taxes and be documented.

This seems like the sensible measure for me.
What makes you so sure birthright won't be changed? Except for the US and Canada: NO decent country allows it in 2016. Even Ireland put a stop to that scam a few years back.

Too: "brown" ain't a race. Hell; not all Mexicans are brown, I've seen my share of them who are "white", even illegal aliens from Mexico. Sheesh!

Look at the comments section after a Yahoo or even a Think Progress story; the comment AGAINST illegal aliens are about 5 to 1 against their kind and, some of those comments ain't real nice. If the feds don't wake up; some of us WILL start taking matters into our own hands. People are getting THAT pissed.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:13 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times
Quote:
What makes you so sure birthright won't be changed? Except for the US and Canada: NO decent country allows it in 2016. Even Ireland put a stop to that scam a few years back.

Too: "brown" ain't a race. Hell; not all Mexicans are brown, I've seen my share of them who are "white", even illegal aliens from Mexico. Sheesh!

Look at the comments section after a Yahoo or even a Think Progress story; the comment AGAINST illegal aliens are about 5 to 1 against their kind and, some of those comments ain't real nice. If the feds don't wake up; some of us WILL start taking matters into our own hands. People are getting THAT pissed.
The parties can't cooperate enough to pass stuff that 80% of Americans agree on let alone will they be able to get the super majority required to pass a constitutional amendment.

Also, i think removing birthright is actually a bad thing. we dont want to end up like Germany with a bunch of no mans' land 3rd class residents who are neither Germany nor Turkish.

It's better to make then Americans and bite the bullet for the first generation then make them foreigners and create a 5th column for the next 100 years.

Most people would rather be Americans in America than anything else. Better to have them buying into the system than hating it.

It's all about fostering a common ideology and values to make a more perfect union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration