U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 08:41 AM

25,427 posts, read 14,518,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
All Hispanics crossing the border without authorization are criminals. That's the bottom line.

This having anchor babies to suck off the public assistance teat has got to end. My ancestors were self-supporting and legal not coming to the US for a handout.
I'm not debating the legality of illegal immigration. You are reaching for something I didn't state in my post. That said, I was going for the Donald Trump view of the worst of the worst immigrating in. Many are falling for the Mexican Willie Horton red herring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 10:18 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm not debating the legality of illegal immigration. You are reaching for something I didn't state in my post. That said, I was going for the Donald Trump view of the worst of the worst immigrating in. Many are falling for the Mexican Willie Horton red herring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y
I listened the video and to me, it does not compute.

This explains my stand: Family Security Matters and Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial and Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens Take your pick and realize had we had gotten serious about illegal immigration, these people would not have been victims.

I noticed that more than a few of these illegals seem to be pervs, many pedophiles. I guess if in their country of origin that they would be punished, possibly death which they more than deserve.

Latinos make up the largest group of illegals and I suspect those overstaying visas also.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:17 PM

10,805 posts, read 3,768,270 times
Quote:

This explains my stand: Family Security Matters and Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial and Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens Take your pick and realize had we had gotten serious about illegal immigration, these people would not have been victims.

I noticed that more than a few of these illegals seem to be pervs, many pedophiles. I guess if in their country of origin that they would be punished, possibly death which they more than deserve.

Latinos make up the largest group of illegals and I suspect those overstaying visas also.
Anecdotal evidence is always suspect. It generally means that rate data would not support the desired outcome. For instance immigrants have about half the rate of incarceration as do citizens.

As you go through this process who are you going to use to replace the illegals? And will those replacements have a lower or higher crime rate?

There are more than enough statistics to demonstrate that replacing illegals will likely increase crime...another cost of deporting the illegals.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:12 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Anecdotal evidence is always suspect. It generally means that rate data would not support the desired outcome. For instance immigrants have about half the rate of incarceration as do citizens.

As you go through this process who are you going to use to replace the illegals? And will those replacements have a lower or higher crime rate?

There are more than enough statistics to demonstrate that replacing illegals will likely increase crime...another cost of deporting the illegals.
Less illegal aliens means more crime? Really? Seriously? Illegal aliens already ARE criminals when talking about fraud, fake SSNs and so on.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Basically you hear about one rapist, one manslaughter (the one who picked up the gun in San Diego) and all of a sudden they all are violent criminals and Mexico is sending us their worst like Mexico is intentionally sending us criminals. This is why to me it is a Willie Horton, it is stating that one violent criminal who is also an illegal alien/immigrant makes them all bad. Hey what about those Religious shootings that happen over a distorted view of what God told them to do, those don't represent Christianity on a whole right? So what's different?

Old 02-21-2016, 01:50 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Basically you hear about one rapist, one manslaughter (the one who picked up the gun in San Diego) and all of a sudden they all are violent criminals and Mexico is sending us their worst like Mexico is intentionally sending us criminals. This is why to me it is a Willie Horton, it is stating that one violent criminal who is also an illegal alien/immigrant makes them all bad. Hey what about those Religious shootings that happen over a distorted view of what God told them to do, those don't represent Christianity on a whole right? So what's different?
ALL illegal aliens ARE bad. Period.

All of their despicable kind need to leave the US.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ALL illegal aliens ARE bad. Period.

All of their despicable kind need to leave the US.
Why because you say so?

Old 02-21-2016, 02:08 PM

11,537 posts, read 5,523,897 times
Quote:
Why because you say so?
I say so, too, as do the majority of Americans.

The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:10 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope. I moved there in the early seventies. By then it was over with or close to it. Explored buying and building in inland SD in the early 90s. All Hispanic. And they are not illegals. Mostly well established Americans...just not union. There is of course a section who are illegals. Lower end laborers mostly. And they work for the remaining Caucasian tradesmen as well as the Hispanics.
Sorry, your years are off
U.S. Unauthorized Immigrant Population Levels Off
Attached Thumbnails
Xenopobia Regarding Illegal Immigration-illegals-year.png  

Old 02-21-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I say so, too, as do the majority of Americans.

The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.
So we expect the jobs to go back to those Americans who thought that job was beneath them or though was "Mexican work"? What about those farmers who don't have enough means to get Amercians to their farms to pick Apples, are they supposed to shut down? The fact remains is illegal immigrants do contribute to our society but we don't talk about that and instead stand tall and say "Dey took our jerbs" even if we turned them down in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or