U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 10:32 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,461,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This thread is about the myth of "xenophobia" when it comes to the financial, social and political rape of our country by illegal aliens.

Does that help bring us back to topic? I think it does.

Hey, I'm still savings cardboard boxes on my back porch for the illegals so they can load up their trash and haul tail back to their country of origin. That is the bottom line and we have illegals and visas overstayers of all shapes, sizes, colors, races, cultures, religions, ethnic groups, you name em' we got em'.

The bottom line is they are in violation of the law.

I live in Kansas. $10.00 an hour would be higher wage here with many happy to get it. The illegals will work and can afford to work for minimum wage because we support their kids and take care of their emergency medical needs, their maternity care from conception to birth. The illegals DO NOT have a right to work in the US.

We punish our own citizens for non-violent crimes. Often their children go into foster care when the parents are put in prison. Why should we treat our own citizens this way and yet be expected to reward foreigners who break our laws? That is the discrimination that is taking place.

If people agreed with you, Trump wouldn't be winning the way he is. "Illegal"? Do you need a link to the definition?

Here you go: Is it a Crime to Enter The U.S. Illegally? - AllLaw.com I know it can be uncomfortable to admit you aren't aware of the laws in play. Did you see anything there that specifies anything about race, color, religion, etc. or did you note it basically just states "anyone"?

Pretty basic isn't it?

I am with you mostly. Laws are not enforced fairly--money and a host of other things determine the type of justice you get.

Take Trumps current wife. She committed immigration fraud. Fullstop.

You should not apply for a Tourist visa when your intent is to immigrate. That'a illegal and a lie.

I don't know her fullstory but when she said she kept going back and forth every few months I knew what scam she was doing because I have assisted in such scams before with my Eastern Euro girlfriends. My girl was working as a promo model and doing some print work on tourist visas. I just flew her back and forth every few months because applying for a work visa is crazy hard. I would suspect that Melanai was doing the same thing......it will come out once Trump is the nominee...they will dig up all the dirt they can on the poor woman.

Look, I am not a hater and support importing pretty foreign women--for a live out of the suitcase defense contractor like me it's the best possible arrangement. But I won't even intimate that the rules are applied equally across the board.

A lot of other people say they are "tourists" to CPD but they have other intentions. When most people from a poor country get a visa to the US they have no intention of ever going back...and they will lie, cheat, steal, hustle, and spread to stay here.

Sadly, I dont think there is any candidate that will address this problem....we need fullscale and comprehensive immigration reform from top to bottom and we need to track people who enter the country. And Trump ain't the guy to do this...he is just another 1/% er looking to make a buck off the American masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
That's it, exactly. If you can't be trusted to even enter legally, why do any of us think you have any respect for any of the other ways we do things?

Pay insurance for healthcare? No thanks, I'll get it free from the government, while you pay taxes and I don't. Get food from the market? Nah, they don't have what I want, I'll insist they be halal, gluten-free, vegan, etc. Yeah, no.

We do have extreme xenophobia. We also have a high (and unchecked) illegal immigration percent, and a lax deportation system. You come as a tourist, you stay for years, other countries will ship you out. No excuses no "but but but." Here we let people stay, and people are tired of it.
That's ridiculous the way we allow our laws to be trampled.

We need to form a broad based coalition that hides the loonies to get stuff done on this front.

Maybe America needs my leadership on this issue. I graduate in May and was looking forward to working for USAID but I might just enter the political fray instead.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:56 PM

31,943 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I am with you mostly. Laws are not enforced fairly--money and a host of other things determine the type of justice you get.

Take Trumps current wife. She committed immigration fraud. Fullstop.

You should not apply for a Tourist visa when your intent is to immigrate. That'a illegal and a lie.

I don't know her fullstory but when she said she kept going back and forth every few months I knew what scam she was doing because I have assisted in such scams before with my Eastern Euro girlfriends. My girl was working as a promo model and doing some print work on tourist visas. I just flew her back and forth every few months because applying for a work visa is crazy hard. I would suspect that Melanai was doing the same thing......it will come out once Trump is the nominee...they will dig up all the dirt they can on the poor woman.

Look, I am not a hater and support importing pretty foreign women--for a live out of the suitcase defense contractor like me it's the best possible arrangement. But I won't even intimate that the rules are applied equally across the board.

A lot of other people say they are "tourists" to CPD but they have other intentions. When most people from a poor country get a visa to the US they have no intention of ever going back...and they will lie, cheat, steal, hustle, and spread to stay here.

Sadly, I dont think there is any candidate that will address this problem....we need fullscale and comprehensive immigration reform from top to bottom and we need to track people who enter the country. And Trump ain't the guy to do this...he is just another 1/% er looking to make a buck off the American masses.
Does this so-called reform that you are for include allowing millions of illegal aliens to remain here?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Does this so-called reform that you are for include allowing millions of illegal aliens to remain here?
My initial answer is no...but like any politician I know that the devil is in the details.

if could make it a net gain for the American treasury I would consider letting some stay...not full citizenship but something where they could work and pay much more than they take.

But you see, it's the people that hire them that are the true culprits....i suppose if you made it unprofitable for them to hire illegals or non-citizen workers then they will stop hiring them.

Actually, I think they should leave and be forced to reapply to enter legally. yeah, that's my position.

But I would crack down on all forms of immigration fraud..not just Brown people who hop the border.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:29 PM

11,004 posts, read 3,848,167 times
Quote:
My initial answer is no...but like any politician I know that the devil is in the details.

if could make it a net gain for the American treasury I would consider letting some stay...not full citizenship but something where they could work and pay much more than they take.

But you see, it's the people that hire them that are the true culprits....i suppose if you made it unprofitable for them to hire illegals or non-citizen workers then they will stop hiring them.

Actually, I think they should leave and be forced to reapply to enter legally. yeah, that's my position.

But I would crack down on all forms of immigration fraud..not just Brown people who hop the border.
There is of course no practical way to deport the present illegals. Has not been any since the 1980s. And we do not have laws against them being here. That is because our laws are not funded anywhere near the level required to deport the existing illegal population. Laws not funded are inherently not laws.

There is also no practical way to make hiring illegal against the law. Any law passed by the Congress will require a minimum of doing so knowledgeably. And the subcontractor defense always works in that case.

Leaving and returning with permission is also hopelessly impractical. Very few of the existing illegals would ever qualify for US entry. That is why they are illegals. So unless you open up the immigration laws in some way they never get in legally.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is of course no practical way to deport the present illegals. Has not been any since the 1980s. And we do not have laws against them being here. That is because our laws are not funded anywhere near the level required to deport the existing illegal population. Laws not funded are inherently not laws.

There is also no practical way to make hiring illegal against the law. Any law passed by the Congress will require a minimum of doing so knowledgeably. And the subcontractor defense always works in that case.

Leaving and returning with permission is also hopelessly impractical. Very few of the existing illegals would ever qualify for US entry. That is why they are illegals. So unless you open up the immigration laws in some way they never get in legally.
Sir, where there is a will there is a way.

I would never advocate this, but we can divert LE, call up the Reserves--get around posse cometus--heck, even have a temporary contractor workforce like we do for the census....temp immigration officers, temp immigration judges, temp detention centers.....say you need to have 2 years of LE or military experience and we could get the workforce...my gosh we could!

heck, do like what we did with Katrina,,,give it to my old employer--albeit for 60 days---XE.

You can rewrite laws...simply deprive them of the subcontractor defense. if illegals are found on your payroll you are fined....it doesn't matter who the sub is.

No, we can solve this problem if we want. The future of the nation depends on it.

if the rich make fewer profits and have to pay Americans a better wage then I am all for it....

Last edited by Datafeed; 02-26-2016 at 04:44 PM..

Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:

Most illegals if allowed to remain here would not be a net gain. Yes, the employers own part of the guilt but so does our government and the illegals themselves.

I don't think any of us who are anti-illegal immigration are singling out brown people (whomever brown people are) as it has nothing to do with skin color. Anyone here illegally should be deported.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:21 PM

We don't have laws against entering our country illegally, taking up residence and working here? Wow, really? Why are we even having this discussion then? Why is it a hot button issue with our politicians and those who defend illegals then? Why would we need a so-called reform then? Just when you think you have heard it all.......

Old 02-26-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most illegals if allowed to remain here would not be a net gain. Yes, the employers own part of the guilt but so does our government and the illegals themselves.

I don't think any of us who are anti-illegal immigration are singling out brown people (whomever brown people are) as it has nothing to do with skin color. Anyone here illegally should be deported.
Uh, yeah, a lot of you guys are...not saying you,,,you seem like what you say is what you mean....

I would also say that anyone who has served in the Armed Forces can stay along with their spouse and kid(s)

if someone did something extraordinary they too could stay.

But I would assume that 90% plus would be deported.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:13 PM

11,004 posts, read 3,848,167 times
Quote:
Sir, where there is a will there is a way.

I would never advocate this, but we can divert LE, call up the Reserves--get around posse cometus--heck, even have a temporary contractor workforce like we do for the census....temp immigration officers, temp immigration judges, temp detention centers.....say you need to have 2 years of LE or military experience and we could get the workforce...my gosh we could!

heck, do like what we did with Katrina,,,give it to my old employer--albeit for 60 days---XE.
You need 5 or 6 times the people presently employed. And you need 10 times the holding space. And judges and attorneys and courtrooms. Take ten years to build the infrastructure to get started. Maybe 15 billion a year to get it started? So you first task is get the Congress to come up with the 15 billion..

Quote:
You can rewrite laws...simply deprive them of the subcontractor defense. if illegals are found on your payroll you are fined....it doesn't matter who the sub is.
And of course all the USA Chambers of Commerce are going to be there. You really think they are going to buy any of ths? And you really think that Congressman are going to get reelected with the business community pouring millions into their defeat? This is a third rail isslue. Espousing it will be the certain loss for most Congressmen.

Quote:
No, we can solve this problem if we want. The future of the nation depends on it.

if the rich make fewer profits and have to pay Americans a better wage then I am all for it....
Thaty was true in 1990. But we did not do it. It is no longer possible to do it in a rational way. Even TRrump will end up defeated if he were to become President. The task is simply too big and the illegals are to well embedded in US society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or